So How Does Mario Right The Ship

Advertisement
Who cares? Doesn’t matter bc this team is not analogous. ****, Mario never lost after a bye nor do I think he’s ever lost to a g5 school.
It’s analogous bc this is a situation he’s never faced before as a power 5 HC and I doubt he has the answers to fix it in season.

Bring in modern day coordinators. A recruiter is going to handcuff himself if he can’t win games and we will be flying planes left and right if he doesn’t at least recruit at an elite level
he will not be landing elite classes w these on field results. idc if hes the best talker on earth. results do matter and no one gives a **** about your excuses esp as other coaches are winning games w new teams all over the country.

There is no fixing what ails this program.

It’s a bad mixture of fan apathy (don’t go to games), local talent not giving two sh*ts about the program, and the admin going cheap to the point that the program went from eroding to crumbled to ****.

They fixed one (infusion of cash…too late in my opinion); the other two there is no cure for.

It’s a bad mixture of fan apathy (don’t go to games), local talent not giving two sh*ts about the program, and the admin going cheap to the point that the program went from eroding to crumbled to ****.

They fixed one (infusion of cash…too late in my opinion); the other two there is no cure for.
they fixed the cash one for now. those boosters aren't gonna be pumping cash in year 2 and beyond if we continue faltering. **** man our NIL guy already and rightfully said it isnt worth to keep handing out these deals. hes not getting a real ROI on it anymore.

Advertisement
Its going to take more than that. He needs top notch coordinators and an adjustment to his approach/philosophy on offense and defense.
I cant lie, we did things better yesterday in terms of moving the ball. But in the redzone we need open spots in short windows and we cant create these because of lack of physical talent.

Advertisement

1st and 3rd issues you cited have been plaguing us since the beginning of the program so nothing new. We’ve won in spite of that. 2nd issue is debateable but I think there’s something to that. That said, Mario will go elsewhere if local kids are no longer cutting it.

Win or keep it close like we did with UNC while making what we do as exciting as possible. Then you can sell the we need you recruiting line.

How are you an elite recruiter and roster builder yet you fail to address the teams glaring weaknesses in the off-season? I watched Mel tucker flip a roster and contend year 1. Lincoln Riley doing it right now.

The portal was not attacked the way it should’ve been. And you can’t use talent as an excuse.

Coaches come in and win fast in CFB now. We watch it happen every year. This is not a rebuild. He was not handed a talentless roster. Look at the top 25, according to blue chip ratios we have more talent than most of the top 25.

Don’t tell me he needs 3 years, he doesn’t. Get rid of the “power spread” garbage we are running, commit to a modern day offense, address the deficiencies of the roster via the portal, and recruit like your paid the millions to recruit.

If Mario can’t recruit this season with a bag put a nail in the coffin the program dead.

Bring in modern day coordinators. A recruiter is going to handcuff himself if he can’t win games and we will be flying planes left and right if he doesn’t at least recruit at an elite level
agree, let CMC focus on recruiting and running entire program , for example Mac Brown lets P.Longo run the O and Chizik runs the D..... hire good OC/DC's and let them win for you.......

Advertisement
Advertisement
1st and 3rd issues you cited have been plaguing us since the beginning of the program so nothing new. We’ve won in spite of that. 2nd issue is debateable but I think there’s something to that. That said, Mario will go elsewhere if local kids are no longer cutting it.

1st and 3rd have a different impact than they did 30yrs ago,

When College Football started to change in the early 2000’s with big public universities pumping insane amounts of money into their facilities, admin staff and programs, Miami had an opportunity to stay relevant and start to invest.

Instead, they decided to go cheap and join a conference for reasons to me that are still unclear today.

The schools who invested 15-20yrs ago in football are programs in conferences raking in 50-60M in revenue from their conference affiliation alone.

Miami missed the boat, and even with some NIL innovation, they’re dead in the water and still stuck in the early 2000’s.

Need more game speed at wr and db, more hands catchers, better lbs, more physicality on the lines (you hurt the opponent or you get hurt).

also, there was glimpses of spread working but we usually went right back to tight formations.

lastly, when losing, you need to play more people and be willing to ride the hot hands. Nobody should be guaranteed consistent playing time when losing, even if they are supposedly head and shoulders better in practice. CY should have been on field for last drive after previous drive.

He doesn’t. The program is dead. He needs a miracle to bring it back to life.
I would agree with you normally, until I saw Tennessee these last few weeks. And USC too. Your never dead as long as your willing to do what’s necessary. USC and Tennessee are turning back the clock to the early 2000s. We are the final missing program from that era who can still come back if Mario makes the schematic changes.

Advertisement
Back