So How Does Mario Right The Ship

I don’t know man, I’m pretty down today.

TVD is a legit 1st round talent QB and we’ve wasted it with a ****** scheme (1st four games) and zero talent around him. Mallory is a fine player, but should never be a 1st or 2nd option.

QBs like him don’t just come along everyday, when was the last time we had a QB like him?

What receiver is going to see this offense and lineup to play in it? Even if Gattis moves on, Mario has him scheme he wants and his quote about wanting to run the ball more last night doesn’t sit well with me.

Defense, is a nightmare. We are wasting two five star talents in J will and Taylor. It’s clear guys are thinking too much and just aren’t smart football players. I think it’s going to take 2 more years to get that defense really cooking which Steele probably won’t be around for that long given his age.

And something no one is talking about.

THE AMOUNT OF INJURIES. SOMETHING IS NOT WORKING IN THE S&C AND RECOVERY ROOM.

Advertisement
Ties to the school and community aside, MC's only here for one reason, to recruit at the same high level he did at Oregon,. If he can't do that ...

He can bring in all the talent he wants , won't change the poor coaching.

Apparently, we need to overwhelmingly out-talent MT because we can't out coach them. Can't beat A&M or UNC unless we have five star talent everywhere cover up the poor coaching.

Bring in all the five stars you want, from what we have seen they will all be poorly coached. Then the fans that don't know better will call them all bust.

Advertisement
Recruiting.

He's got to do it, and he needs to hire a staff for it.

This is no secret.

He also has to learn to delegate to staff, especially offense outside of the line.

Bring in modern day coordinators. A recruiter is going to handcuff himself if he can’t win games and we will be flying planes left and right if he doesn’t at least recruit at an elite level
Will be flying planes no matter what if he doesn’t get his head out of his *** offensively. No one wants Miami to become like Oregon who struggled week in and week out because of this Neanderthal offensive system/philosophy….. that’s where we’re headed with Mario currently

Last edited:
Advertisement

TVD is a legit 1st round talent QB and we’ve wasted it with a ****** scheme (1st four games) and zero talent around him. Mallory is a fine player, but should never be a 1st or 2nd option.

QBs like him don’t just come along everyday, when was the last time we had a QB like him?

What receiver is going to see this offense and lineup to play in it? Even if Gattis moves on, Mario has him scheme he wants and his quote about wanting to run the ball more last night doesn’t sit well with me.

Defense, is a nightmare. We are wasting two five star talents in J will and Taylor. It’s clear guys are thinking too much and just aren’t smart football players. I think it’s going to take 2 more years to get that defense really cooking which Steele probably won’t be around for that long given his age.

He's not a first rd talent.

He has the size and arm strength of a "prototypical qb". But, that's about it.

Advertisement
Recruiting. You can criticize coaching, but the staff wasn’t blowing coverages, dropping passes, and fumbling. The reality is, we maybe have 2-3 guys on offense that would start at other P5 schools. We have 1 DB who’d start at another P5.

We have huge personnel issues, and are experiencing the consequences of Manny’s terrible recruiting. We need two more full classes to be a consistent 9-win team.

Advertisement
I will repeat this until my balls aren't blue anymore.... we will never be back on track until they put the got **** pipe back in Sebastians chops. when that happens, that will be the beginning of something glorious.

Recruiting will be the key for Mario as far the long haul goes..... If he really is the recruiter he's supposed to be he'll get the players needed to do what he wants ..... What we're going through right now sucks but we knew this was an option when he got here.... Not an option we wanted but it was real nonetheless .... The rest of the season will be a real wake up call for what's to come in the offseason.... Lotta changes coming, just has to happen...
We can still salvage a decent season if Mario can get things turned around a bit ... I though once we got past the slow start we did ok , I mean we fought back and made a game of it... Mistakes happen, can't avoid it but we didn't just fold and die.... On to next week... Really need a W...

No argument that the defense has struggled. But wasting JW and Taylor? C'mon. How about JW tackles consistently. He was in perfect position for a TFL to force a punt, didn't wrap up, and Carolina went on to put up 6. First or second drive of the game. Maybe JW should 'think' about the fundamentals of tackling.
As for Taylor, he flashes occasionally but is sporadically impactful.

By becoming a CEO type of coach, ala Bowden. Just finish the recruiting up and be the face of the community. Hire good coordinators and let them work. Steele is experienced, but a journeyman. Gattis may be a fraud. If MC insists on running this methodical offense and just hires clones of Gattis, we will continue to struggle with winning and recruiting.

Advertisement
Back