So How Does Mario Right The Ship

Advertisement
No; he had a 3 out 4 stretch, but not 3 straight. Just a not so fun fact:

In the last 17 yrs, we have went on a 3 game losing streak in 12 of those yr.

From 1983 - 2005, 23 yrs, it happened 3x (‘84, ‘97, ‘99)

Put that in perspective.
a lot of bad coaches in that run. this is also tied for the worst five game start to a year with mannys 2021. at least he can say he had Bama MSU as 2 of the first five. we had just atm basically. I hope it turns around quick. these seasons are getting tiresome

a lot of bad coaches in that run. this is also tied for the worst five game start to a year with mannys 2021. at least he can say he had Bama MSU as 2 of the first five. we had just atm basically. I hope it turns around quick. these seasons are getting tiresome

No, no, my brotha:

U forget 2019 Manny where we started 2-3, as well, losing to UF, UNC, & VT.

So in 3 yrs, b4 Mario came, this team started 2-3 in 2 of those 3 yrs. Now why do I say “this team”, as in 2022?

Repeat Offenders of starting 2-3:
Scaife - 3rd time
Nelson - 3rd time
Clark - 3rd time
Traore - 3rd time
Campbell - 3rd time
Ivey - 3rd time
Blades Jr - 3rd time
Mallory - 3rd time
K Smith - 3rd time
Huff - 3rd time
Harvey - 3rd time
Steed - 3rd time
Couch - 3rd time
JHH - 3rd time
Miller - 3rd time

Let me stop right here: All of these players r either starters, or heavy rotational guys except Huff. These r supposed to be the upper class men leaders. So what has that leadership led to? The next line of repeat offenders which is 90% of this roster sans the few transfers who get burn.

Yeah, it’s been that type of program, which is y I begged our fans to be patient. This stench needs a complete deep clean overhaul. Hopefully the fresher bloods (sophomores) will become like ER20 & his guys where they hated losing so bad, & when they became leaders, the culture changed back to the original standard. Right now, we ain’t got no alphas on the field; a whole slew of paper tigers who are allergic to winning.

So in 3 yrs, b4 Mario came, this team started 2-3 in 2 of those 3 yrs. Now why do I say “this team”, as in 2022?

Scaife - 3rd time
Nelson - 3rd time
Clark - 3rd time
Traore - 3rd time
Campbell - 3rd time
Ivey - 3rd time
Blades Jr - 3rd time
Mallory - 3rd time
K Smith - 3rd time
Huff - 3rd time
Harvey - 3rd time
Steed - 3rd time
Couch - 3rd time
JHH - 3rd time
Miller - 3rd time
JUST BRUTAL WHEN YOU LAY IT OUT LIKE THIS 🤮

No, no, my brotha:

Scaife - 3rd time
Nelson - 3rd time
Clark - 3rd time
Traore - 3rd time
Campbell - 3rd time
Ivey - 3rd time
Blades Jr - 3rd time
Mallory - 3rd time
K Smith - 3rd time
Huff - 3rd time
Harvey - 3rd time
Steed - 3rd time
Couch - 3rd time
JHH - 3rd time
Miller - 3rd time

Let me stop right here: All of these players r either starters, or heavy rotational guys except Huff. These r supposed to be the upper class men leaders. So what has that leadership led to? The next line of repeat offenders which is 90% of this roster sans the few transfers who get burn.

Yeah, it’s been that type of program, which is y I begged our fans to be patient. This stench needs a complete deep clean overhaul. Hopefully the fresher bloods (sophomores) will become like ER20 & his guys where they hated losing so bad, & when they became leaders, the culture changed back to the original standard. Right now, we ain’t got no alphas on the field; a whole slew of paper tigers who are allergic to winning.
we say this every time we get a new coach. sorry man. im tired of it. every time its wait till we get x and y out. time to coach up what you have and earn that check. just how I feel.
also, well never be what we were. I just hope we stack enough talent to be a 10 win regular team like richt at UGA

Advertisement
we say this every time we get a new coach. sorry man. im tired of it. every time its wait till we get x and y out. time to coach up what you have and earn that check. just how I feel.
also, well never be what we were. I just hope we stack enough talent to be a 10 win regular team like richt at UGA

Oh, I agree, but…listen, let’s be honest w/ ourselves:

12 of the past 17 yrs we’ve had a 3 - 4 game losing streak, & in 2 of those 5 yrs, we had a 3 out of 4 moment.

So again, if a team full of Seniors have been passing this same recipe of disaster for 17 yrs, what do we expect?

We went from Coker to Shannon; from Shannon to Golden. Golden after 2013 tried to dip vs. building on his success; & then said idgaf. Cool, so now we have disgruntled & disinterested Golden to Richt. Richt stabilized us for 2 yrs, but then the problem the great majority of us had was his **** bent attitude to allow his son to run the QB room; well that room came back to bite us in the ***. So now we have Vacation Richt & we go back to Shannon 2.0 in Diaz??

That’s a FCKED UP locker room, chief. All these upper class men have fckin up the rotation & these younger kids ain’t & haven’t learnit chit! (in my grandma’s voice)

This is how yrs of low budget investment catch up to u. Richt was the best investment we ever made, & we had the most success under him, EVEN though he was a shell of himself. What does that say, my g?

No, no, my brotha:

Scaife - 3rd time
Nelson - 3rd time
Clark - 3rd time
Traore - 3rd time
Campbell - 3rd time
Ivey - 3rd time
Blades Jr - 3rd time
Mallory - 3rd time
K Smith - 3rd time
Huff - 3rd time
Harvey - 3rd time
Steed - 3rd time
Couch - 3rd time
JHH - 3rd time
Miller - 3rd time

These are all the cats (except for Campbell, Harvey,JHH, Scaife) that can't be saved lol too many bad habits and when they graduate we'll be able to move forward truly

You guys are really funny. How many of us here complained about Mario and his offense when he was hired? None. We all said he did great at Oregon and will do great here. Yes, he may do great here but we truly never watched films of Mario’s Oregon. If we did we would have asked him to change his offense as a condition of hiring.

Also, how many of us complained about his coordinators. We blindly sang their praises as award winners without watching their game-films and hearing from fans of their former schools. If we did we would have kicked against Mario hiring them.

We need young and hungry coordinators. We need innovators. Miami does great when it innovates. We introduced pro offense to college. We introduced speed to college. Now we copy and don’t inovate anymore. We hired tired-known-name coordinators instead of looking for innovative and hungry minds.

Mario must do serious soul searching at end of this season if he is to remain here after the end of next season. Two years of losses like this will turn the fans against him. It means he must start winning and playing better next season. If he does not win in year three, he should be fired like the ones before him. No exception.

Advertisement
Who says they are less talented?

Exactly.

As a matter of fact, the board can have fun w/ this. One of my favorite sports sites for tracking. Feel free to click the school names. Oh, & see how many of these “less talented” teams pump NFL talent.

Serious question here. We all know he's going to be here for the long haul. so after 3 straight losses what does he need to do to keep the team from completely going off the rails and spiraling out of control? Would love to hear from current and former coaches
When Mario’s players start showing up I assure you the tears will build in the criers and they will leave if anyone wants the tears on there bringing .

GOCANES

Advertisement
I think you had a stroke while typing your response
P-Fizzle. You're a funny human, look at his past with the other teams he's coached. I'TS ONE OF HIS DEFICIENCIES my fellow Cane! We've him for at least 6 years.. So it remains Valid until proven otherwise. Not against Mario by any means, so no STROKE here.. I'm still alive and kicking:cool:

You should loose yourself from this world.
Love this reply:LOL: thanks for your insight.. There are other Glaring issues as well should I start mentioning them all? Like it's gets done here ad nauseam? It's was just a comment fellow Cane. No need to LOOSE myself from this world. I'm doing just fine here:cool: and at the end of the day neither YOU or ME can do anything but comment on this board. BYE👋

Last edited:
Unfortunately, it takes 2-3 years to see that the coach isn't replacing questionable players with better players.

Advertisement
You guys are really funny. How many of us here complained about Mario and his offense when he was hired? None. We all said he did great at Oregon and will do great here. Yes, he may do great here but we truly never watched films of Mario’s Oregon. If we did we would have asked him to change his offense as a condition of hiring.

Also, how many of us complained about his coordinators. We blindly sang their praises as award winners without watching their game-films and hearing from fans of their former schools. If we did we would have kicked against Mario hiring them.

We need young and hungry coordinators. We need innovators. Miami does great when it innovates. We introduced pro offense to college. We introduced speed to college. Now we copy and don’t inovate anymore. We hired tired-known-name coordinators instead of looking for innovative and hungry minds.

Mario must do serious soul searching at end of this season if he is to remain here after the end of next season. Two years of losses like this will turn the fans against him. It means he must start winning and playing better next season. If he does not win in year three, he should be fired like the ones before him. No exception.
Actually there were some who warned people about Mario’s offensive philosophy when he was hired.

Advertisement
Back