Smh @ the LOLphins

For our 2nd round pick I really hope Miami lands Dallas Goedert, tight end from South Dakota State.

Watch this man's game film, he really reminds me of Travis Kelce and we desperately need a tight end.

Advertisement
FML...any choice at LB but you pick a dude who plays the same position Reshad and TJ McDonald play.
Expected more from u Z. Someone who seems to know football, you know very well that Minkah Fitzpatrick does not play the same position as Reshad and TJ. Neither of them are coverage guys, they are both in the box SS. Minkah is a ball hawking FS. Now move Mcdonald to Will or Sam and call it a day

The draft isn't over nonetheless.Would you have preferred to trade assets for a guy that has a history of concussions or a guy that looked average against the Mountain West?

I thought we should have moved up a spot for Rosen. He is an elite passer with huge upside. The scouts had the same character knocks on Aaron Rodgers. We passed on Rodgers to take a great SEC position player (Ronnie Brown). We know how that turned out.

Rosen does have an injury history. But Tanny hasn't played since 2016. It doesn't make sense to pass on Rosen because of injuries and then invest $18 million per year on an injured QB who is average when healthy. With the current structure, it is ideal to have a starting QB on a rookie contract.

If Rosen isn't the guy, we should've traded back into the first round to pick Lamar Jackson. The cost would've been reasonable, and the upside is enormous. The game is going in the direction of the college style (see: Deshaun Watson) and Jackson is a supreme talent in that world.

We could have had Lamar Jackson and Minkah, who is going to be a great player in his own right. That is a great draft before you even get into Day 3.

I thought we should have moved up a spot for Rosen. He is an elite passer with huge upside. The scouts had the same character knocks on Aaron Rodgers. We passed on Rodgers to take a great SEC position player (Ronnie Brown). We know how that turned out.

Rosen does have an injury history. But Tanny hasn't played since 2016. It doesn't make sense to pass on Rosen because of injuries and then invest $18 million per year on an injured QB who is average when healthy. With the current structure, it is ideal to have a starting QB on a rookie contract.

If Rosen isn't the guy, we should've traded back into the first round to pick Lamar Jackson. The cost would've been reasonable, and the upside is enormous. The game is going in the direction of the college style (see: Deshaun Watson) and Jackson is a supreme talent in that world.

We could have had Lamar Jackson and Minkah, who is going to be a great player in his own right. That is a great draft before you even get into Day 3.
Yep

Advertisement
Little known draft fact: Calvin Ridley is actually Tremain Edmund's father.

Seriously though, the Dolphins made a no brainer pick. I'm not usually a fan of drafting a safety this early but Fitzpatrick has a 0% bust possibility. They got a free safety who can actually cover and can move McDonald to his more natural linebacker position. Two birds with one stone.

Not a big fan of Tannehill at all, but hey, if the Eagles can win a SB with a backup as the starter, then surely the Dolphins can win a SB with a starter that should be a backup.

Gase did his due diligence and still didn't trade up for Rosen. That's telling in itself. I was in the minority who could care less about his character knocks. All I cared about was could he play, which he definitely can, and if Gase felt inclined to move up for him, which he didnt.

I agree with you on the direction they should have took but just not with any QB they had to trade up for. If Rosen falls into our lap, fine. They're rumored to like Lauletta and Rudolph so we'll see what happens.

Advertisement
Injury and price tag. We are paying him $18 million.

How many teams would swap QB situations with us?
Indy, as Neck Beard Jesus hasn't played a down in a couple years and was vastly over rated to start with.

Expected more from u Z. Someone who seems to know football, you know very well that Minkah Fitzpatrick does not play the same position as Reshad and TJ. Neither of them are coverage guys, they are both in the box SS. Minkah is a ball hawking FS. Now move Mcdonald to Will or Sam and call it a day
The rams tried it and they moved him back. This isn’t about Minkah the player, this is about an organization that finished 13th in run Defense and 16th in pass defense AND we just released our best run defender and our best run defending LBer. Why are these idiots drafting a third Safety so early when they don’t even have capable starters at LB or DT? So we’re gonna go into the season starting a DT that was benched during the season and a journeyman LBer from Seattle? Na dude, I’m sorry

Advertisement
Sony wasn't even the Pats' best pick. Isaiah Wynn is an upgrade over Nate Solder imo.
Let’s see if he has the length to play LT though. The one thing the AFC east doesn’t lack are pass rushers.

Advertisement
take a look at the last 2 years they played...

if the Dolphins had the players that Indy had...the numbers would be the same. I'm sorry...I'm not as enamored with neck beard as everyone else.
We’ll see what happens but I’ve heard from some that Luck is likely done

We’ll see what happens but I’ve heard from some that Luck is likely done
****, too many injuries which most of could have been avoided if they had an Offensive line.

from what I read he's throwing non regulation footballs...shoulder injuries are no joke.

****, too many injuries which most of could have been avoided if they had an Offensive line.

from what I read he's throwing non regulation footballs...shoulder injuries are no joke.
I’ve got a family friend in the organization. Doesn’t sound optimistic. His shoulder is really messed up, and Luck’s tired of the injuries and his heart isn’t in it as much anymore. Has an interest in becoming an architect because that’s what he studied at Stanford.

Advertisement
Back