Smh @ the LOLphins

Advertisement
I’ve got a family friend in the organization. Doesn’t sound optimistic. His shoulder is really messed up, and Luck’s tired of the injuries and his heart isn’t in it as much anymore. Has an interest in becoming an architect because that’s what he studied at Stanford.

If I were him I'd keep going through the motions...he has basically 4 years left on the 140 million contract...he's averaging 23 million a year to sit on the bench.

If I were him I'd keep going through the motions...he has basically 4 years left on the 140 million contract...he's averaging 23 million a year to sit on the bench.
I agree, too much money to be had. I’m sure he’ll keep doing whatever he can to try to return. Just sounds like it’s doubtful if he’ll return to his previous form

lol how could anybody actually want luck at this point? My dead grandmother is in better physical form

Advertisement
I don't think any of the quarterbacks picked yesterday would be an upgrade over Tannehill. If Baker Mayfield was a little bit bigger, I'd go with him but man, it's tough for little guys who play as hard as he does to stay healthy in the NFL. Sacrificing your body to give your receiver that one extra second to get open is exciting and heroic but these 280 lb DEs who run 4.6 don't mess around. It's not the Big 12 anymore.

I don't think any of the quarterbacks picked yesterday would be an upgrade over Tannehill. If Baker Mayfield was a little bit bigger, I'd go with him but man, it's tough for little guys who play as hard as he does to stay healthy in the NFL. Sacrificing your body to give your receiver that one extra second to get open is exciting and heroic but these 280 lb DEs who run 4.6 don't mess around. It's not the Big 12 anymore.
That, and he went to The Browns.

I thought we should have moved up a spot for Rosen. He is an elite passer with huge upside. The scouts had the same character knocks on Aaron Rodgers. We passed on Rodgers to take a great SEC position player (Ronnie Brown). We know how that turned out.

Rosen does have an injury history. But Tanny hasn't played since 2016. It doesn't make sense to pass on Rosen because of injuries and then invest $18 million per year on an injured QB who is average when healthy. With the current structure, it is ideal to have a starting QB on a rookie contract.

If Rosen isn't the guy, we should've traded back into the first round to pick Lamar Jackson. The cost would've been reasonable, and the upside is enormous. The game is going in the direction of the college style (see: Deshaun Watson) and Jackson is a supreme talent in that world.

We could have had Lamar Jackson and Minkah, who is going to be a great player in his own right. That is a great draft before you even get into Day 3.
Gotta disagree on several counts. #1 rosen doesnt just have an INJURY history. Hes had plenty of injuries mainly minor ones that hes decided to sit out for(which is a whole other issue that would worry me equally as much) but more importantly he has a concussion history. He had atleast 2 that were chronicled last season alone. When you get to that point its sortve like a chain reaction where that ball just easily rolls downhill. #2 the game always goes through short term trends (ie deshaun watson etc) and as always the minds of these dc is equally as adjustable as any oc. They make adjustments and thats the end of it. You sighted ronnie brown for another purpose but hes the perfect example for the adjustments as well. He started up the whole wild cat stage. Within 3 years tops it was phased out cause adjustments were made. I think the only qbs in this draft capable of being long term answers is sam darnold,mason rudolph or logan woodside. Obviously we all have differences of opinions but thats mine. At the spot the dolphins were at the purpose in trading down was lost. Trading up one spot for a flawed qb is the same result. I personally believe minkah is perfect for the spot available and a captain of the defense moving forward.

Advertisement
Gotta disagree on several counts. #1 rosen doesnt just have an INJURY history. Hes had plenty of injuries mainly minor ones that hes decided to sit out for(which is a whole other issue that would worry me equally as much) but more importantly he has a concussion history. He had atleast 2 that were chronicled last season alone. When you get to that point its sortve like a chain reaction where that ball just easily rolls downhill. #2 the game always goes through short term trends (ie deshaun watson etc) and as always the minds of these dc is equally as adjustable as any oc. They make adjustments and thats the end of it. You sighted ronnie brown for another purpose but hes the perfect example for the adjustments as well. He started up the whole wild cat stage. Within 3 years tops it was phased out cause adjustments were made. I think the only qbs in this draft capable of being long term answers is sam darnold,mason rudolph or logan woodside. Obviously we all have differences of opinions but thats mine. At the spot the dolphins were at the purpose in trading down was lost. Trading up one spot for a flawed qb is the same result. I personally believe minkah is perfect for the spot available and a captain of the defense moving forward.

I love Minkah as a player. He is a stud with low downside. My problem is that Miami still has a mess at QB with no solution in sight.

Our roster has no real upside. There isn't one area the team is strong, and the same evaluators who messed up the roster are the guys who don't like Rosen and Jackson.

Regarding Rosen and Jackson, you accurately described the risks. Nobody knows how these dudes will turn out and a lot depends on fit. But I feel confident that the upside of Rosen and Jackson is higher than Tannehill, and the downside really isn't worse. If they aren't good, you start again. At least you aren't investing $18 million a year in proven mediocrity.

I was surprised Jacksonville didn't take Rudolph. They could've incorporated some more RPO (like Phily) and taken advantage of what he does well. He is a big, smart, accurate dude with a nice deep ball.

Woodside really impressed when he played the Canes. Quick thinker. He might make sense as a later round pick for the Dolphins.

That's worked for us in the past. I'd like to guide you to 2010 where we traded down from 12 to 28. Earl Thomas, JPP, Maurkice Pouncey, Dez Bryant, Demaryius Thomas, Brandon Graham, and Devin McCourty were taken between then. We took Jared Odrick and turned those extra picks into Koa Misi and AJ Edds.

I am going to NOT give the Fins the bennefit of the doubt and assume they would have missed every one of those players having kept their original pick. At least they got 3 players vs. 1 overpaid bust. They need to pick low on draft day and use the remaining money under salary cap to find established players.

This year's crop of quarterbacks is vastly overrated IMO. I think that the hype just steamrolled to where we had 5 QBs go in the first round, none of which I'd take ahead of Pat Mahomes Jr., let alone Deshaun Watson if they were in this year's class.

Advertisement
This year's crop of quarterbacks is vastly overrated IMO. I think that the hype just steamrolled to where we had 5 QBs go in the first round, none of which I'd take ahead of Pat Mahomes Jr., let alone Deshaun Watson if they were in this year's class.

This. Also, none of them are a marginal upgrade over T-hill.

Not a big fan of Tannehill at all, but hey, if the Eagles can win a SB with a backup as the starter, then surely the Dolphins can win a SB with a starter that should be a backup.

Foles is better than Tannehill. Foles is also coached by one of the best play-callers in the NFL. Doug Pederson is EASILY one of the top 3 coaches in the league. In addition, Eagles have an elite offensive line and weapons everywhere on offense. Not even close to the same situation that the phins are in.

Foles is better than Tannehill. Foles is also coached by one of the best play-callers in the NFL. Doug Pederson is EASILY one of the top 3 coaches in the league. In addition, Eagles have an elite offensive line and weapons everywhere on offense. Not even close to the same situation that the phins are in.

I agree with everything but Foles is better.

Advertisement
#2 the game always goes through short term trends (ie deshaun watson etc) and as always the minds of these dc is equally as adjustable as any oc.

Respectfully disagree...Watson ain't no short term trend, He's gonna be a problem for a long time.

Character, personality, poise, intelligence, & talent, kid's the total package...would've been a balla in any era.

Respectfully disagree...Watson ain't no short term trend, He's gonna be a problem for a long time.

Character, personality, poise, intelligence, & talent, kid's the total package...would've been a balla in any era.
As long as his knees hold up.

I love Minkah as a player. He is a stud with low downside. My problem is that Miami still has a mess at QB with no solution in sight.

Our roster has no real upside. There isn't one area the team is strong, and the same evaluators who messed up the roster are the guys who don't like Rosen and Jackson.

Regarding Rosen and Jackson, you accurately described the risks. Nobody knows how these dudes will turn out and a lot depends on fit. But I feel confident that the upside of Rosen and Jackson is higher than Tannehill, and the downside really isn't worse. If they aren't good, you start again. At least you aren't investing $18 million a year in proven mediocrity.

I was surprised Jacksonville didn't take Rudolph. They could've incorporated some more RPO (like Phily) and taken advantage of what he does well. He is a big, smart, accurate dude with a nice deep ball.

Woodside really impressed when he played the Canes. Quick thinker. He might make sense as a later round pick for the Dolphins.

The downside is a lot worse bc if they don't pan out you're anchored to another bad QB for minimum 3-4 more years and yet another bust of a high first round pick.

Which is precisely why the Dolphins are in the state they're in now.

I'm a fan of Jackson and Rosen but not over one of the top 5 defensive players in the draft. And not on a team that can't support a young developing QB bc it has holes at literally every position unit. If you want to chase upside do it later in the later rounds when the stakes are lower.

I do think Woodside is an interesting prospect as well.

Advertisement
Back