SIAP - Kentucky Coach Mark Stoops Asked About Miami Coaching Job

Advertisement
Advertisement
One of those wins was a Jan 1 victory over Penn State. His other two wins were against ACC teams VT and NCST. His only losses were within his first 2 years building the program. When is the last time Miami played a bowl game in January? When is the last time we won 3 bowls in a row?

Kentucky is a cellar dweller in the SEC East. Of course Stoops wasn't going to win right away. He practically built the program up from its foundation.

Mario benefits from being at a program that contended for multiple National Titles in the last decade. That plus the Nike money and USC and UCLA being down from former glory has helped his recruiting big time.

I think Stoops is more like a Johnson or Erikson hire. A lower tier Power 5 HC that can pull of 7 or 8 wins.
This!

This guy pokes his head out of the SEC East every 5 years and beats a couple over rated teams and gets hot.

He’s a .500 coach.

Florida is just about to fire a coach with a much better record at MSU in a much better division.

This is the overcompensation we’d make after so many atrocious coaches. We go with the sure average coach. This guys not getting us beating the Big boys.
I disagree…I think Stoops would do very well here…he is at Kentucky lol…he ain’t winning the SEC east with UGA,,Fla or the SEC with Bama,Ta&m,LSU on the west…Kentucky will never be better than 6th or 7th in that conference…with Texas & Oklahoma coming in they will be the 8th or 9th best team if that & they ain’t winning nothing….come to Miami & all that can change…by 2023 you ready to beat up on the SEC & whoever imo..

You’re right. Missouri wasn’t there and Tennessee and LSU weren’t train wrecks.
SEC football now > SEC football then.

1. Top teams have gotten better. 2. Way more advanced schemes. 3. Tennessee was already a trainwreck back then.

Kentucky is 12th ranked with four wins in the conference and a competitive game vs a stoked Georgia team. Ken-*******-tucky. Accept it or leave it.

Advertisement
Typical CIS. Hey let’s hire the latest flavor of the month coach.

Every hire has its risks, but @Go Canes!! is eating your lunches. No one has yet to come up with a credible response to his dissection of Stoop’s record at Kentucky.
"I have no favourite candidate but let me nitpick records that I cannot put into context in an attempt to make a certain candidate look ****"

View attachment 159120

A lot of people are calling Kentucky a perennial bottom dweller. But with two exceptions, stoops has done pretty much what they’ve done for the last 20 years.
Yep & they won’t get better than that…lol y’all dudes funny..it’s Kentucky football not basketball…Bama,,UGA,,UF,,LSU,,Ta&m,,Tenn,,Ole Miss,,Miss St,, will all be better on a consistent basis than Kentucky…Arkansas on the way up…he ain’t winning the SEC..

Advertisement
Typical CIS. Hey let’s hire the latest flavor of the month coach.

Every hire has its risks, but @Go Canes!! is eating your lunches. No one has yet to come up with a credible response to his dissection of Stoop’s record at Kentucky.
Mr 15-0 has no credibility, let him make a credible argument first.

If he wanted to discuss his offense fine, but going after him for his record at UK is stupid and so is any one that agrees with his nonsense, when it's been proven, in numerous instances,, ie., at UM to name one, that prior coaching records are not a accurate metric for future success.

Mr 15-0 has no credibility, let him make a credible argument first.

If he wanted to discuss his offense fine, but going after him for his record at UK is stupid and so is any one that agrees with his nonsense, when it's been proven, in numerous instances,, ie., at UM to name one, that prior coaching records are not a accurate metric for future success.

Yet here you are.

Advertisement
SEC football now > SEC football then.

1. Top teams have gotten better. 2. Way more advanced schemes. 3. Tennessee was already a trainwreck back then.

Kentucky is 12th ranked with four wins in the conference and a competitive game vs a stoked Georgia team. Ken-*******-tucky. Accept it or leave it.

Do we get to use Clemson being good as an excuse? Because last time I checked Alabama and LSU aren’t even in the side of the conference, same as Clemson .

Are you honestly telling me a difference maker coach can’t squeeze out 15 wins and nearly 9 seasons in conference besides Vanderbilt and Missouri?

Advertisement
Back