SIAP - Kentucky Coach Mark Stoops Asked About Miami Coaching Job

Advertisement
Advertisement
Both Stoops & Kiffin got slapped today.
Kiffin lost his starting QB in the 1st quarter while playing a good #18 ranked Auburn team on the road.

Stoops lost to an unrated Miss St team that doesn’t even bother with playing Defense, because they can’t throw the ball at all. Even in a loss being down by 2 TD’s they still only managed to throw for 150yds total off 28 attempts.

That Kentucky offense is not built for adversity, if they don’t get an early lead & can’t run the ball 40 times a game they’re fcked. And if you get up by 10 points on them, it’s a wrap they cannot move the ball through the air efficiently enough to ever forge a comeback.

The formula is really simple to beat them, stop the run & you’ll shut down Kentucky completely.

Which is why I’m gonna be a broken record, but yall better hope we don’t bring that Power Run sh*t to Miami, because it’ll be Enox era all over again, run game be damned, bring me a coach that can actually orchestrate a TD drive through the air...

**** no to all that pound the rock sh*t, I’ll take a shoot out W over having to suffer through stagnant offense again.

Advertisement
Kiffin lost his starting QB in the 1st quarter while playing a good #18 ranked Auburn team on the road.

Stoops lost to an unrated Miss St team that doesn’t even bother with playing Defense, because they can’t throw the ball at all. Even in a loss being down by 2 TD’s they still only managed to throw for 150yds total off 28 attempts.

That Kentucky offense is not built for adversity, if they don’t get an early lead & can’t run the ball 40 times a game they’re fcked. And if you get up by 10 points on them, it’s a wrap they cannot move the ball through the air efficiently enough to ever forge a comeback.

The formula is really simple to beat them, stop the run & you’ll shut down Kentucky completely.

Which is why I’m gonna be a broken record, but yall better hope we don’t bring that Power Run sh*t to Miami, because it’ll be Enox era all over again, run game be damned, bring me a coach that can actually orchestrate a TD drive through the air...

**** no to all that pound the rock sh*t, I’ll take a shoot out W over having to suffer through stagnant offense again.
I agree with not wanting stagnant offense....that power run shlt wont work here. Kiffin lost his QB for 1 or 2 series. He came back and played.
We are starting to see what Lashlees offense is supposed to look like now that we have a QB not a RB playing QB. I still dont want dIAZ back

One

look at our OL th past 10 years should tell anybody we aren’t pounding the rock. But I won’t be surprised when we find a bright eyed young (or old) coach who decides we can do just that.

This is why stoops, although a good coach, is a no go for me..you put it much more eloquently than I could..offense wins in cfb these days, period

Advertisement

Kiffin lost his starting QB for like a drive - Corral came back into the game very quickly.

Miss St played nearly a perfect game. Will Rodgers went 36 of 39, which is an SEC percentage passing record, and they had 0 turnovers. And they had nearly a 50 : 50 run pass ratio and a 2:1 time of possession advantage.

UK had 4 turnovers, 2 ints were inside the red zone and 1 int/1 fumble were around UK's own 20 yard line. No team over comes that and wins.

No doubt it was a bad loss for Stoops. UK doesn't have the skill players to win this type of game, but UK doesn't attract those type of players. Stoops knows this, that's why he brought in Liam Coen last year, to try to open up the offense.

So to suggest that Stoops will only run one style of offense is not correct.

Miss St played nearly a perfect game. Will Rodgers went 36 of 39, which is an SEC percentage passing record, and they had 0 turnovers. And they had nearly a 50 : 50 run pass ratio and a 2:1 time of possession advantage.

UK had 4 turnovers, 2 ints were inside the red zone and 1 int/1 fumble were around UK's own 20 yard line. No team over comes that and wins.

No doubt it was a bad loss for Stoops. UK doesn't have the skill players to win this type of game, but UK doesn't attract those type of players. Stoops knows this, that's why he brought in Liam Coen last year, to try to open up the offense.

So to suggest that Stoops will only run one style of offense is not correct.

All I’m reading are excuses!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back