SIAP - Kentucky Coach Mark Stoops Asked About Miami Coaching Job

Advertisement
Advertisement
Interesting response, doesn't exactly deny it

@TimeBum beat you by almost 24 hours, but he posted it in the Moves Being Made thread.

@Liberty City El isn't taken with his offense, but he'd be an upgrade. The question is what would his staff look like here? Could he address those concerns?

Ask Lane.

3d349f7f-6484-4af0-b569-2f47e538dd61-USATSI_17011330.jpg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Just curious, why?
Any defensive minded HC coach is dependent on a solid OC for success. Also, I would be concerned as to his ability to recruit S. Florida and get recruits that take advantage of their strengths. At Kentucky, his offense is mediocre at best and the style he currently has does not fit what we should be doing & what we should be recruiting here.

Defensively, I don’t have a problem with him or his ability to run a good program but I don’t believe he would consistently reach 9-11 wins. Hence why he is no higher than 3rd on my list for HC.

I'd be OK with Stoops if we couldn't get a Mario or Kiffin. But he needs to bring in an OC that runs a spread or similar.
I’d be ok with Mario if we couldn’t get Stoops. No to Kiffin.

I don’t understand this fanbase. Guy wins the games he’s supposed to win, has proven to be one of the best evaluators in CFB, and has outrecruited people at a 3rd tier school but y’all somehow want a guy who can barely go a season without a bad loss? Or another guy that has lost at 2 of the 3 P5 jobs he’s taken? And who knows how good he is without Corral who he inherited.

Advertisement
Back