SIAP - Kentucky Coach Mark Stoops Asked About Miami Coaching Job

he was talking about Stoops not losing bad games. I think he's higher on Stoops than Mario and Lane from what he wrote
Oh ok. Im also higher on Stoops than Mario.

I got Lane, Stoops, Mario if we are going with those 3.

I keep seeing people say can he recruit s.fla... UK recruits down here a bit with him as HC. I dont think recruiting would be a total problem for him here.
We have a development issue, we get a stable head coach and positive progress i fully expect an uptick. **** Manny last 2 classes have been pretty good imo

Advertisement
If Manny can land top 15 classes, I’d feel confident Stoops could at least replicate that. Also it may difficult to pull top assistants to UK regardless of pay. Maybe he gets some guys to come on board if he’s at Miami as opposed to UK. I could be wrong but just my thought on coaching.
Exactly. In Kentucky, if what ain't talking about basketball what's there to discuss.

Oh ok. Im also higher on Stoops than Mario.

I got Lane, Stoops, Mario if we are going with those 3.

I keep seeing people say can he recruit s.fla... UK recruits down here a bit with him as HC. I dont think recruiting would be a total problem for him here.
We have a development issue, we get a stable head coach and positive progress i fully expect an uptick. **** Manny last 2 classes have been pretty good imo
I dont think he'd have a problem recruiting down here either especially if he's bringing Eddie Gran slick talkin *** with him.

Advertisement
Some of you guys don’t know wtf you are talking about. Stoops assembled his team competing against both the SEC and the Big10 Ohio State recruiters. Stoops was our DB coach and recruited for FSU’s National Championship game. Look at his bowl record at UK!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Mark Stoops is the safest choice in my eyes. Dude would demolish every pathetic Coastal offense for breakfast here. It's not the flashiest hire but he'd instantly turn us around into a team with good fundamentals and suffocating defense.

With Mario there's a boom or bust factor. He'd do better than Stoops right away in recruiting but he's not going to be having top 8ish classes like he's been averaging at Oregon. We'll still be losing guys to the Bama's of the world with Mario. Plus he has a connection to Miami which is an instant red flag.

Let it be known: Stoops > Mario all ******* day.

Mark Stoops is the safest choice in my eyes. Dude would demolish every pathetic Coastal offense for breakfast here. It's not the flashiest hire but he'd instantly turn us around into a team with good fundamentals and suffocating defense.

With Mario there's a boom or bust factor. He'd do better than Stoops right away in recruiting but he's not going to be having top 8ish classes like he's been averaging at Oregon. We'll still be losing guys to the Bama's of the world with Mario. Plus he has a connection to Miami which is an instant red flag.

Let it be known: Stoops > Mario all ******* day.
I see Stoops as the better coach. Give me the better coach and recruiting will be fine.

Mark and Mario are almost the same hire. Stoops will give you better on-field play less recruiting. Mario give you better recruiting and less on-field play. Both of these guys offenses are basically the same. They both want power running style. It really depends what the next AD value more. If you want best of both world, call Bob Stoops. I would personally call Lane Kiffin first then move to Mario and Mark.

Advertisement
Just from the last few years it would be an incredible pull to land him. Again, only 5 active P5 guys left their jobs to go to another job since 2017. He’d be in my top 5 for sure. I’m Mario, Freeze, Stoops, Lane Train, Herman. I don’t think there is another HC candidates that’s realistic and even these are stretches tbh

Some of guys don’t know wtf you are talking about. Stoops assembled his team competing against both the SEC and the Big10 Ohio State recruiters. Stoops was our DB coach and the DC for FSU’s National Championship game. Look at his bowl record at UK!
His bowl record is 3-2.

I agree he’s a good candidate. Just not my #1.

Wouldn't be upset with his hiring.

Advertisement
I see Stoops as the better coach. Give me the better coach and recruiting will be fine.
As do I. Let him come down here, flush out all the nasty toxins that Richt and Manny have infected our players with and in 2-3 years we'd be an attractive destination. To recruits and top tiered OC's alike.

I really wouldn't read too much into Stoop's response. But I think he'd be an excellent choice

He's in a great position now. He be a fool not to use this year to maximize his future.

Having UK think he may bolt works in his favor in securing a better deal....or he "may" be interested in reviewing other offers including ours

Just remember... being open to options is a far cry from accepting one. Even more important NO OFFERS from Miami or anyone else have been made. So why would he limit his options by declaring an interest in anyone?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back