SIAP - Kentucky Coach Mark Stoops Asked About Miami Coaching Job

Any defensive minded HC coach is dependent on a solid OC for success. Also, I would be concerned as to his ability to recruit S. Florida and get recruits that take advantage of their strengths. At Kentucky, his offense is mediocre at best and the style he currently has does not fit what we should be doing & what we should be recruiting here.

Defensively, I don’t have a problem with him or his ability to run a good program but I don’t believe he would consistently reach 9-11 wins. Hence why he is no higher than 3rd on my list for HC.

He recruited south Florida pretty well when he was at FSU

Advertisement
I think stoops would be great here we need discipline! I think Kiffin would be great here also just worry about the longevity if he did! And I'm good with Mario also with that said out of those 3 I'd go 1. Kiffin 2.Mario or Stoops! I feel **** James Harrison CANT WAIT!

Advertisement
I’d be ok with Mario if we couldn’t get Stoops. No to Kiffin.

I don’t understand this fanbase. Guy wins the games he’s supposed to win, has proven to be one of the best evaluators in CFB, and has outrecruited people at a 3rd tier school but y’all somehow want a guy who can barely go a season without a bad loss? Or another guy that has lost at 2 of the 3 P5 jobs he’s taken? And who knows how good he is without Corral who he inherited.
stopped reading at the bolded

Can Stoops recruit at a Top 10 level? Mario can. And that's BY FAR the most important piece of this whole thing.

Also, who is he bringing with him? The HC is just a piece of this. He should be judged by his recruiting prowess mainly, and then who he surrounds himself with is the next biggest slice of the pie. I know Stoops would field a good defense. I'm confident in that. I'm not confident he lands Top 10 classes. And I'm not confident he hires an elite OC. Liam Coen is a McVay disciple, but he's unproven.

Advertisement
With all of these threads about a new coach, one might think we are actually going to fire Diaz, and his job has no security at this point....which is all completely false.

However, as fans we create this fake world where our thoughts seems so much like reality, we are getting irate when we actually find out the truth.

There currently is zero legitimacy to Manny losing his job, only lots of smoke from different players in the media.

With all of these threads about a new coach, one might think we are actually going to fire Diaz, and his job has no security at this point....which is all completely false.

However, as fans we create this fake world where our thoughts seems so much like reality, we are getting irate when we actually find out the truth.

There currently is zero legitimacy to Manny losing his job, only lots of smoke from different players in the media.
I think he stays one more year but snake james is backdoor him lol

Advertisement

Do you have a source that he has zero chance as of now of getting terminated or are you speculating like you are complaining about others of doing?

Can Stoops recruit at a Top 10 level? Mario can. And that's BY FAR the most important piece of this whole thing.

Also, who is he bringing with him? The HC is just a piece of this. He should be judged by his recruiting prowess mainly, and then who he surrounds himself with is the next biggest slice of the pie. I know Stoops would field a good defense. I'm confident in that. I'm not confident he lands Top 10 classes. And I'm not confident he hires an elite OC. Liam Coen is a McVay disciple, but he's unproven.
If Manny can land top 15 classes, I’d feel confident Stoops could at least replicate that. Also it may difficult to pull top assistants to UK regardless of pay. Maybe he gets some guys to come on board if he’s at Miami as opposed to UK. I could be wrong but just my thought on coaching.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back