Ruiz stadium update

Advertisement
A couple of points.

A retractable roof would raise the price of the stadium in my estimation, to over $1.5 billion.

Secondly, could you specifically tell me what variables at HRS the Ruiz family is not impressed with?

Ownership, parking lot usage/access, sub-leasing, revenues.

I mean, if you want to start somewhere.

Advertisement
There are a lot of puzzle pieces here, and Ruiz is going to have his hands full putting it together. This isn't a block of land that he owns, it's government property.
It's land that the city has allowed to slowly rot. It's not a very pleasant place to visit and is in dire need of modernization. Ruiz is offering to build a brand new, state of the art park situated 20 minutes from anywhere. The county would be fools not to take this offer seriously. This could very well become a big attraction, or they could continue to watch the place die a slow death.

He's working with professionals that will do a mockup if you pay them. These firms will take the money, do a beautiful mockup and then walk away if it doesn't get built. Working with a big name firm only means that Ruiz has the funding needed to hire them, which isn't a point of contention.

There are a lot of puzzle pieces here, and Ruiz is going to have his hands full putting it together. This isn't a block of land that he owns, it's government property.
He continuously avoids the hardest part convincing the county.

Disney isn't built at ground level...its raised. (The water table, while not as high in SFL, is relatively high in Orlando.) The 'tunnels' are actually about ground level.

I suspect something similar could be planned for this Tropical Park area.

That's. What. I. Said.

Advertisement
This is going to get built and still be 50% full for Bethune, that’s just Miami football.

People forget even during our prime, attendance has only been there for big games.
2001 attendance.
Rutgers 39,800
Troy St 36,600
WVU 44,400
Temple 31,100
#15 Syracuse 52,800

all these games were while we were ranked #1

I’m good at Hard Rock or I’ll go to a new stadium, doesn’t matter to me. But nothing is changing our attendance in numbers or the amount of people who buy tickets and only show up for 1-2 games a year.

Went to several parties at The Palace...

Wasn't there another spot out there too called The White House? Maybe that was more of a law school thing.
I definitely remember something like that. Maybe it was off of Ludlam in that vicinity?

Side note but Oscar Issac the actor was in a Ska band back then that would play a lot of these parties too. Someone should ask him if it was the highlight of his artistic career.

This is going to get built and still be 50% full for Bethune, that’s just Miami football.

People forget even during our prime, attendance has only been there for big games.
2001 attendance.
Rutgers 39,800
Troy St 36,600
WVU 44,400
Temple 31,100
#15 Syracuse 52,800

all these games were while we were ranked #1

I’m good at Hard Rock or I’ll go to a new stadium, doesn’t matter to me. But nothing is changing our attendance in numbers or the amount of people who buy tickets and only show up for 1-2 games a year.
To add to this. We actually had better attendance last year at Hard Rock with a coach on his way out and going 7-5 than we did our final year at the OB.

We are never going to be the school that has 55,000 at every game. And if your noticing the trends around college football overall attendance at all games is down. Stadiums are reducing seating and it’s a growing problem.

Advertisement
Said it before and I'll say it again. Brightline connector from Aventura station to HRS. It's almost a straight shot. Anywhere in south florida (Jupiter to downtown miami) in under 1.5 hours. Campus to the stadium in under 30 minutes on clean shiny safe bullet train. Fill the lots at HRS with bars, tennis venues, **** keep the F1 track year round. Reduce parking capacity to 25-35k. Become the only stadium in the country fully accessible by bullet train. That's how Europe and the world does it.

If you ever want proof that we have the dumbest fan base, this thread is it. My god, we have the preeminent architectural firm working on a state of the art solution and everyone wants to complain about details that they can’t bother to figure out by reading a few tweets. Do you numbskulls really think Ruiz is going to want to deliver a half-a$$ solution? Wtf is wrong with y’all?

If you ever want proof that we have the dumbest fan base, this thread is it. My god, we have the preeminent architectural firm working on a state of the art solution and everyone wants to complain about details that they can’t bother to figure out by reading a few tweets. Do you numbskulls really think Ruiz is going to want to deliver a half-a$$ solution? Wtf is wrong with y’all?
I've got a list. You got time?

Advertisement
I don’t know you, but I like your style. You’ve posted only 7 times in a decade, but when you do 😂

L-O-L

Just a FYI, since I have first hand experience of HKS work w/ limited land to build a stadium on:

SOFI has even less immediate parking spots that’s being proposed at this potential site, and absolutely zero street parking b/c it’s zoned residential parking & ur car will be towed. There’s no nice hotels around, unless u stay at one of the hooker/crack infested roach motels in close proximity (less than a mile). Yet, somehow, it works. Somehow 70k fans r there.

It’s called planning.

This thread has made me realize that, from a segment of this fan base, they will always look for a detractor or negative reason to root against this project. I’m of the mindset nothing will pls them b/c of a simple fact: their convenience is in jeopardy. This stadium “could” have 65k parking spots, & it’ll be something wrong. It “could” bring in $10m/yr in revenue for The U, & there will still be something to complain about, b/c it’s about convenience. I just wish that was said vs. all of these other arguments used to detract. Just say ‘I don’t want it to happen b/c I don’t want to lose my convenience’

L-O-L

Just a FYI, since I have first hand experience of HKS work w/ limited land to build a stadium on:

SOFI has even less immediate parking spots that’s being proposed at this potential site, and absolutely zero street parking b/c it’s zoned residential parking & ur car will be towed. There’s no nice hotels around, unless u stay at one of the hooker/crack infested roach motels in close proximity (less than a mile). Yet, somehow, it works. Somehow 70k fans r there.

It’s called planning.

This thread has made me realize that, from a segment of this fan base, they will always look for a detractor or negative reason to root against this project. I’m of the mindset nothing will pls them b/c of a simple fact: their convenience is in jeopardy. This stadium “could” have 65k parking spots, & it’ll be something wrong. It “could” bring in $10m/yr in revenue for The U, & there will still be something to complain about, b/c it’s about convenience. I just wish that was said vs. all of these other arguments used to detract. Just say ‘I don’t want it to happen b/c I don’t want to lose my convenience’
I'm in the Orlando office every other month. I'm going to see what they know next month. They probably won't tell me sht but it doesn't hurt to ask.

jrios4444 on Trip Advisor said it best. HRS is a pro sports venue and not suited for CFB. This is at the root of what Ruiz is trying to get done.

default-avatar-2020-68.jpg

jrios4444
Hollywood, Florida

this sucks for college games​

Review of Hard Rock Stadium
Reviewed October 2, 2018
the way the stadium sets up for college is totally wrong they amplify the sound of music constantly and it takes away from the college experience for the fans , they forget we are not there to hear guns and roses or hip hop we want to hear the sounds of the bands the student the refs the mascot etc.. also the pricing for food and beverages is the same as the pro games, exp 5 dollars for bottle water is ridiculous 12 dollars or more for a beer is also sick not to mention the price of food

Advertisement
Back