Ruiz stadium update

I think you would lose a lot of fans if you didn't have real tailgating (bars and restaurants are not real tailgating). I realize the OB didn't have much parking, but this is a different situation because it would be privately financed.

That leads me to my next point: no way is this stadium only being used for ~7 home football games per year. There would have to be as many concerts as possible (and anything else) to recoup the costs.

I don't know the logistics and dynamics like some of you do, as I am not a Miami resident. But from an outsider's perspective, this doesn't seem to make much sense.

Advertisement
Yeah except it doesn’t work that way. Do you go to games? Look around. At least 50% of the people I would say are over 40 or even 50. They are usually the ones that contribute the most to the program, buy the season tickets and so forth.

So if you don’t think comfort or convenience are an issue, then you’re not looking at it clearly.
No Obviously he doesn't or he wouldn't have said something so stupid.

I think you would lose a lot of fans if you didn't have real tailgating (bars and restaurants are not real tailgating). I realize the OB didn't have much parking, but this is a different situation because it would be privately financed.

That leads me to my next point: no way is this stadium only being used for ~7 home football games per year. There would have to be as many concerts as possible (and anything else) to recoup the costs.

I don't know the logistics and dynamics like some of you do, as I am not a Miami resident. But from an outsider's perspective, this doesn't seem to make much sense.
Tailgating would be possible throughout unless they do not plan on having people park on the surrounding fields.

Let's say we move to the SEC.

Here is the capacity of each stadium.

UFag: 88,548
UGA: 92,746
LSU: 102,321
Alabama: 101,821
Tennessee: 102,455
Texas A&M: 102,733
S. Carolina: 80,250
Auburn: 87,451
Kentucky 61,000
Arkansas: 72,000
Ole Miss: 64,000

Vanderbilt: 40,000

UM 48,000(new stadium) So we would be going from one of the Primere Stadiums in the country to a UCF size stadium.
Yea, should do wonders for recruiting :rolleyes:

Advertisement
This thread is amazing… creating every negative you can fathom…

By all accounts, Ruiz is working with professionals….

It’s not some message board poster with a new iPad Pro sketching drawings with his Apple Pencil…
I think many of the people posting negative threads are long time Canes fans. We experienced the old OB for many years but have no desire to drive into the Coral Gables area again and are very happy with Hard Rock. Getting in and out off the Turnpike is easy peasy. The players also love it and visiting teams love to play there. I wonder if Ruiz has done a demographic study to see where the majority of the season ticket holders live? Broward & PB counties I would venture.

It’s not some message board poster with a new iPad Pro sketching drawings with his Apple Pencil…
Parking bro. Canopy bro. SEC stadium capacity bro

Advertisement
I think many of the people posting negative threads are long time Canes fans. We experienced the old OB for many years but have no desire to drive into the Coral Gables area again and are very happy with Hard Rock. Getting in and out off the Turnpike is easy peasy. The players also love it and visiting teams love to play there. I wonder if Ruiz has done a demographic study to see where the majority of the season ticket holders live? Broward & PB counties I would venture.
I can tell you more from Broward north than Miami.

Advertisement

Man F all that. This is about BUSINESS! We have PROFESSIONALS at the helm now that KNOW what they are doing and WHY this is beneficial for THE PROGRAM. No offense to you sir. But things like traffic and the old fans getting there are probably low factors.

Disney isn't built at ground level...its raised. (The water table, while not as high in SFL, is relatively high in Orlando.) The 'tunnels' are actually about ground level.

I suspect something similar could be planned for this Tropical Park area.
Anything can be done ... there is just cost associated with it. And maintenance. Don't want the field dropping into the basement parking garage ... a lot of that going on in Miami these days!!

I understand not wanting to increase the inconvenience. Hard Rock is very convenient for me to get off and on the turnpike. A location at Tropical Park may turn every game for me into at least a 1 night stay instead of potentially being a one day turnaround trip at times.

That said, if it is for the greater good of the school financially, facilities wise, etc., than I will deal with it and embrace the change.

I like the location of my seats at Hard Rock, getting seats I like less would be a negative for me, but it may also cause me to budget differently and increase my expenditure for better seats.

I am notorious for borrowing tomorrow’s trouble (almost always to my own mental detriment), but now is not that time and with everything on high note right now, I am stunned at the worry and fret about everything from a potential brand new stadium complex to flat out fear of being left out of conference expansion…

We’re Miami! Let’s ride!

Advertisement

He's working with professionals that will do a mockup if you pay them. These firms will take the money, do a beautiful mockup and then walk away if it doesn't get built. Working with a big name firm only means that Ruiz has the funding needed to hire them, which isn't a point of contention.

There are a lot of puzzle pieces here, and Ruiz is going to have his hands full putting it together. This isn't a block of land that he owns, it's government property.

Is anyone of a certain age to remember house parties at a house on Miller called "The Palace"? I remember that place being in the vicinity of South Miami High- which is a couple blocks from the entrance to Tropical Park and a TON of people walked to those things.

So again, I absolutely wouldn't count on foot traffic at all when calculating the need for shuttles, etc. But that's also largely by choice and not actual logistics and theoretically a parent isn't going to have to worry if their 17 yr old freshman daughter has a meltdown at a game and decides to walk back to campus.

Went to several parties at The Palace...

Wasn't there another spot out there too called The White House? Maybe that was more of a law school thing.

Advertisement
Back