Ruiz stadium update

canesstevealum08

"Wyatt, I am rolling!"
Premium
CFC1512B-E4F7-4B4F-A3B9-DA9C3AD1B4D1.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
It feels like our fanbase has crapped on every viable location. I hope Ruiz knows what he’s doing.
Heck I'm one of them... Location is so important, but there really isn't anywhere to build a college football stadium remotely close to campus. Add in the traffic + town/city approvals requirements + funding, it is an incredibly difficult challenge for anyone to take on.

I love that the Ruiz family has the grit to at least try, but unless they plan to burn down Marlin's stadium or blow up a few Coral Gables neighborhoods near campus, I'm not sure how they pull it off...

Advertisement
Everyone complaining about traffic is so obnoxious. Every stadium has traffic issues. STFU
**** you chose violence, my guy.

LOL but I feel ya. Unless you're NYC, Philly, Boston, Chiraq or Denver with great mass transit connections to your stadium that runs express train svc, you're gonna have huge traffic problems regardless.

Those cities I listed still have traffic problems, but not as huge as other cities with less adequate mass transit connecting their stadiums.

Last edited:
I've been to games a lot of places.

The 2 worst traffic places I've dealt with is Clemson and VT.

I've sat in traffic for nearly 2 hours at both places.

Georgia traffic is not as bad they have a perimeter around Athens that you jump on that helps greatly.

Auburn traffic was pretty bad, FSU traffic didn't seem to bad when I went. Georgia Tech traffic wasn't bad. Louisville traffic was easy because I left in beginning of 4th quarter.

Went to Orange Bowl in 2012, terrible traffic getting to game. We were staying in Biscayne Bay.

I have been to several different stadiums. As mentioned above VT is not great. I went to the K State game in 2012 and although in the middle of nowhere it was a pain getting out of there. Any even where 30k or more people are gathering is going to have traffic issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I may be in the minority, but I think we should just stay put where we are. Since the renovations, the place is world class and anything built for UM will pale in comparison.

You’re definitely not in the minority.

Hard Rock is an awesome stadium that gives us a massive home field advantage—when people show up.

Last edited:
Yep...but if he can promise to overhaul the rest of the park (badly needed) then the county may let him pay for it all.
Nobody has answered this question in detail but how much land is in the park when you factor in the stadium footprint? What could he salvage as a public park?

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back