Quarterback and pass rusher

I would offer the OL unit is the single most important function on O. Same.can be said for DL on D.

EVERY single play is through the contests in the trenches.

Advertisement
Wrong. Hill was not a big time DE. He was good but not big time nor anywhere close to being at the same level as Roche.

Tate was a big time and productive HS qb. He got beat out by better qbs at OSU. He came here hoping to be productive but Enos fvcked him and our other qbs. Tate would flourish in a spread but I think he needs to go to another school for an opportunity. King was not a big time HS qb but in the right system in college at Houston flourished and became big tme and productive

You cannot compare them.
say what???

We need an offensive lineman and he’s ignoring it!!
Well then you'd LOVE our 2019 OL. They were behind the QB as much as they were in front of him.

Enos set these kids up for failure in a scheme that would expose every weakness we had on the line. Running inside zone and power blocking schemes with A LOT of slow developing play action in bunch formation was pure insanity.

You had two true freshman, Nelson and Clark, who should have redshirted with 25 starts between them. Campbell actually looks athletic enough at guard to do well in a true spread scheme.

Nobody had to respect our running game. Yes, Perry could get us yards every once in awhile. This kid from Houston is going to create real problems for teams especially when we are split wide with a defense that has 5 or 6 in the box. We're talking about a 4.4 guy at quarterback.

King is so amazing that he quit his last team. Showed lots of leadership, maturity, and heart. Truly some amazing traits to add to a QB room already in disarray. We are in good hands y'all. ACCCG here we come!

Wrong. Hill was not a big time DE. He was good but not big time nor anywhere close to being at the same level as Roche.

Tate was a big time and productive HS qb. He got beat out by better qbs at OSU. He came here hoping to be productive but Enos fvcked him and our other qbs. Tate would flourish in a spread but I think he needs to go to another school for an opportunity. King was not a big time HS qb but in the right system in college at Houston flourished and became big tme and productive

You cannot compare them.
Tate is cheeks and y’all still hanging on to what he did in hs. Dude has been out of hs 4 years and you still talking about potential.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Huh? He redshirted with the blessing of his head coach. Did Zach McCloud quit on us last year too?

I am glad King is here, but I can’t lie; this is a concern of mine as well. Huge difference between a backup linebacker doing this and your starting QB doing it. Dude was starting and the team leader.

If the fans cant get excited about basically adding the equal of two 5* prospects to the team even if its on a one year rental..not sure what to tell you. And the posters comparing Tate and King are just trying to start ****. Those two are not even in the same weight class. We were hyped for Tate strictly based of HS hype. King has proven he can play at the college level already. And be **** good at it.

I can slightly understand the Hill and Roche comparison. Lets not have revisionist history here..Hill was the **** out of VT and was the top ACC defensive prospect on some media boards. What screwed him up was not getting here until the Fall (Roche is here as of today) and then coming in injured. (Roche is healthy from all reports) Hill just didn't have enough time to get it in gear. Roche will be what we thought Hill would be and 10X more.

This is the football Gods giving Manny a do-over. From all accounts, Manny is a good guy. And more than any coach since Butch he wants to bring UM back. I respect that. But he needs to take advantage of this second chance like a college kid who didn't study for a test and goes into the class and finds out the professor is out with the flu and will not be back for 3 days so the test is postponed. LOL.

King is so amazing that he quit his last team. Showed lots of leadership, maturity, and heart. Truly some amazing traits to add to a QB room already in disarray. We are in good hands y'all. ACCCG here we come!

With the new rule change, kids will take advantage of the redshirt rule. The kid wanted a restart.

Advertisement
I am glad King is here, but I can’t lie; this is a concern of mine as well. Huge difference between a backup linebacker doing this and your starting QB doing it

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. He literally quit playing mid season.

I am giving all offensive players a fresh start due to failed coaching. Perhaps the same is due King as well. The kid comes with some severe baggag tho. Hope it works out for is this time.

I am glad King is here, but I can’t lie; this is a concern of mine as well. Huge difference between a backup linebacker doing this and your starting QB doing it. Dude was starting and the team leader.

But his HC gave his blessing and didn't say one bad word about him. Now of course he probably didn't think he would jump ship when he ok'd this move..but I don't see "quitter" when I see this situation.

Glad I'm not the only one seeing this. He literally quit playing mid season.

I am giving all offensive players a fresh start due to failed coaching. Perhaps the same is due King as well. The kid comes with some severe baggag tho. Hope it works out for is this time.

Severe Baggage? LOL. Ok now you are just making up ****.

Advertisement
Knowing our luck...

Offense will turn around. Defense will be the weakness. We have some “talent” and proven commodities on the DL. Unfortunately we are extremely green at LB and once agin have major depth/talent issues at DB.

We have the exact same question marks as last season add in LB and deduct a capable QB.

With the new rule change, kids will take advantage of the redshirt rule. The kid wanted a restart.
The way I understood it, his team started out 1-3 and then he and the starting WR decided to shirt. Blindsided everybody.

Don’t know if he left because of the team started 1-3 or because he didn’t like the new system

Advertisement
Back