Quarterback and pass rusher

DMoney

D-Moni
Administrator
These are the two most important positions in football. They have the biggest impact on winning, they’re the hardest to find, they get paid the most and they go the highest in the draft.

Miami has a true college star at QB for the first time in 17 years. A month ago in Shreveport, Miami’s QBs were a blooper reel. Now, we have a highlight reel. Teams will need to gameplan against King's running and vertical throwing. The fit and timing could not be better. It took decades of slow death to embrace the spread. King and Lashlee will provide electroshock therapy.

And then there’s the pass rush. This was already the strength of the team. We’ve finished 7th, 2nd and 2nd in sack percentage nationally the past three years. It’s hard to be bad when you rush the passer like that. The only other team that finished Top 10 the past three years was Clemson. By adding Roche, you pair the best returning pass rusher in the nation with another Top 5 guy. And Phillips might be the most talented of the bunch.

Manny failed for a lot of reasons. Several of those issues remain. But he has no more excuses at the two most important positions on the field.

Advertisement
giphy.gif

Advertisement
Great day to be a Canes fan, with all the positive news. I pray King and Roche come in and ***** slap some players around and get them serious about the offseason and then yeah the regular season. They do that, and we snag some OL off this fantastic news??? Oh we fuqqin then....

These are the two most important positions in football. They have the biggest impact on winning, they’re the hardest to find, they get paid the most and they go the highest in the draft.

Miami has a true college star at QB for the first time in 17 years. A month ago in Shreveport, Miami’s QBs were a blooper reel. Now, we have a highlight reel. Teams will need to gameplan against King's running and vertical throwing. The fit and timing could not be better. It took decades of slow death to embrace the spread. King and Lashlee will provide electroshock therapy.

And then there’s the pass rush. This was already the strength of the team. We’ve finished 7th, 2nd and 2nd in sack percentage nationally the past three years. It’s hard to be bad when you rush the passer like that. The only other team that finished Top 10 the past three years was Clemson. By adding Roche, you pair the best returning pass rusher in the nation with another Top 5 guy. And Phillips might be the most talented of the bunch.

Manny failed for a lot of reasons. Several of those issues remain. But he has no more excuses at the two most important positions on the field.

On the money, D.

Dabo has articulated the key focus of finding 5 stars on the DL and QB. If you have great latent there, you are in every game.

Then, look at the 49ers. The DL is full of first round picks, the latest being Nick Bosa from STA. They traded a second round pick for Jimmy Garopolo. Well done.

So happy with pick ups today.

Advertisement
Last year a big time QB (Martell) and a big time DE (Hill) were brought in via the portal. Results? 6-7.

Maybe this time around it will work out.
Some truth to this, but main difference is that Martell never started in college and never scored 50TDs for a power five team. Hill is a great pass rusher, but never was as accomplished and talented as Roche and had injury issues. Hill was also a good addition and I’m glad the guy became a Cane

Spread system changes everything in terms of outlook even with our oline with increased spacing in the offense and getting the ball out much quicker. Lashlee offense last year was top 15 in not allowing sacks and the pace of the offense and just the style of it greatly impacts that. A good play caller schemes around a middling oline, see Mullen

Advertisement
Trying not to get excited and let down yet again but hard not to get drawn in with King and Roche today. If we can pull a couple OL that can contribute and maybe a go to WR and DB we might be cooking something.

The other big thing I keep forgetting about is the transfer Kicker from FIU. Don't realize how important that aspect of the game is until you can't hit a 30 yarder to save your life.

Advertisement
I think if you single out position, as @DMoney did, QB, DE followed by the blind side tackle. As a unit it’s important to have a good OL, but you can scheme more around a “bad” OL or at least more so than scheme away a bad QB or pass rush
I'll believe it when I see it. I get your point though.

Advertisement
Back