Quarterback and pass rusher

These are the two most important positions in football. They have the biggest impact on winning, they’re the hardest to find, they get paid the most and they go the highest in the draft.

Miami has a true college star at QB for the first time in 17 years. A month ago in Shreveport, Miami’s QBs were a blooper reel. Now, we have a highlight reel. Teams will need to gameplan against King's running and vertical throwing. The fit and timing could not be better. It took decades of slow death to embrace the spread. King and Lashlee will provide electroshock therapy.

And then there’s the pass rush. This was already the strength of the team. We’ve finished 7th, 2nd and 2nd in sack percentage nationally the past three years. It’s hard to be bad when you rush the passer like that. The only other team that finished Top 10 the past three years was Clemson. By adding Roche, you pair the best returning pass rusher in the nation with another Top 5 guy. And Phillips might be the most talented of the bunch.

Manny failed for a lot of reasons. Several of those issues remain. But he has no more excuses at the two most important positions on the field.
Manny need to keep his head down since he came out last year talking loud and and making a fool of himself as the season went on. Now with this team he has he need the way they play speak for him....just study your shoelaces Manny and keep your head down until you prove you are capable of winning as a HC.

Advertisement
Advertisement
As well as all these stunts this DC always does ?
You mean the stunts where our DTs end up running about 100 yards in total distance before they even reach the QB only to find out he already threw the ball a long time ago? How bout the one's where our DEs are in coverage in the flat and down the sideline? Yea, I'm not a fan of any of that!

Advertisement
I’m happy that we got some good transfers on the roster. However, I’m still concerned about the foundation of the program. I hate to be negative, I just don’t see a program being built with transfers. I hope I’m wrong and Manny gets this fixed.
The only precedent I can recall is K State with Snyder when they had their best years. At they time, they were loaded up with JUCOs. But the fact that I can't recall a single additional example just indicates how rare it is.

We now have a complete team. A top 10 Defense for the last 4 years and the potential to me a middle tier Offense instead of dead last. We also added a kicker which should have easily given us 3 additional games last year. It is a new team. God bless.
No. The offensive line remains a huge hole.

Also - Orlando Franklin has become a forgotten man at OL. 2nd Round draft pick who started for 6 years on some really good Broncos teams.
Good to see flowers finally turning it around. Was the redskins top olineman this year

Advertisement
Interesting comment about talent at db, depth may be an issue but it’s not like we have had more than what we will have number wise for each of the last 4 years since they have been here. Always have had low corner #s due to attrition, losing malek young , frierson moving positions and taking 3 grad transfer/juco corners . In terms of talent i like what blades showed a lot this year and hall flashed at times and bolden was coming on very strong before his injury. Need ivey or someone else to step up big time but we aren’t devoid of talent back there imo

Sounds like a lot of bull****.

No one could of predicted Malek Young’s injury.

Frierson is bad eval by the staff if they initially projected him at corner.

Staff should of been better prepared of bandys early exit. They know kids here love to leave early. This should planned for every year. Guys are going to leave early no matter the situation. Plan for it and take more guys.

Taking Bethel was a bad evaluation. Ivey was another bad evaluation.

Our best corner is Al Blades who coming here regardless.

Next up is true sophomores Couch and Williams.

I’m not even going to talk about Bandas guys.

Top-bottom DB evaluation, recruitment, development has been mediocre at best.

This is precisely why a change was needed on defense.

You mean the stunts where our DTs end up running about 100 yards in total distance before they even reach the QB only to find out he already threw the ball a long time ago? How bout the one's where our DEs are in coverage in the flat and down the sideline? Yea, I'm not a fan of any of that!

This is legit terrible play calling having our boys out of position every time smh

Advertisement
Back