Quarterback and pass rusher

Won’t dispute the QB and an edge rusher is nice, especially when you can pair with another good rusher off the edge, but I can’t believe no one has mentioned a lock down CB as the most important piece on a team outside of a QB. I think those are more rare, and thus more valuable, than and edge rusher.

Advertisement
Havent seen Phillips take a snap at Miami, but surpassing what Rousseau flashed as a TFrosh and RS Frosh, even just at practices, will be tough to beat. In the practices I got to see in 2018, Rousseau was a **** freakshow. His effect on almost every snap - from live scrimmage to drills - stood out more than any defensive player I'd seen in years.
He has a natural ability to make himself long by timing his tackle attempts perfectly, seemingly always getting the QB by his ankles before he escaped for a big gain (along with the traditional disruption he caused on a regular basis, ala the 15 sacks). When I think "talent," that is the kind of stuff that comes to mind. Just a natural, matching elite athletic ability with elite instincts.

He has a natural ability to make himself long by timing his tackle attempts perfectly, seemingly always getting the QB by his ankles before he escaped for a big gain (along with the traditional disruption). When I think "talent," that is the kind of stuff that comes to mind. Just a natural, matching elite athletic ability with elite instincts.
And then to add to that the effort he plays with and not giving up on a play. Accumulated a few more sacks just on his hustle alone last year

Some truth to this, but main difference is that Martell never started in college and never scored 50TDs for a power five team. Hill is a great pass rusher, but never was as accomplished and talented as Roche and had injury issues. Hill was also a good addition and I’m glad the guy became a Cane

Houston isn’t a power 5 team

Advertisement
Some truth to this, but main difference is that Martell never started in college and never scored 50TDs for a power five team. Hill is a great pass rusher, but never was as accomplished and talented as Roche and had injury issues. Hill was also a good addition and I’m glad the guy became a Cane
The defensive ends are going to be a strength of the team again this upcoming season; In my opinion I think the way they perform during the season is going to turn out better than last year.. Especially if the tackles can stay relatively healthy compared to last season. Nesta Silvera, Jonathan Ford both started the season with injuries that they got from training camp.

And the freshman who weren't expected to play as much to begin the season hopefully will impact the games; From Jason Blisset, Jared Harrison-Hunte, Jalar Holley, & Jordan Miller.. The first three kids named were known to need about a year of the training routine from just graduating high school, plus they were thought of as more the pass rushing player. And Jordan Miller was established by the coaches and fans to need at least one year to improve his conditioning to make a impact eventually at Miami.

Man our pass rush is gonna be so filthy I can’t fvckin wait.

I’m even more impatient to see our offense, King’s resume is stellar and Lashlee’s reputation precedes itself especially with what he did last season. And our RB room? Cmon

Manny got me buying in again, but I need to see dividends on the field man. GIVE ME A REASON TO LOVE AGAIN 😂

Advertisement
Last year a big time QB (Martell) and a big time DE (Hill) were brought in via the portal. Results? 6-7.

Maybe this time around it will work out.

Trevon Hill a “big time DE”? Dude had 47 tackles and 11.5 sacks in 3 seasons and that makes him a “big time DE”? Your standards suck.

Concerning Tate: fan base was only going off his HS play. Dude had proven nothing at OSU.

King and Roche have credibility and tape.

Spread system changes everything in terms of outlook even with our oline with increased spacing in the offense and getting the ball out much quicker. Lashlee offense last year was top 15 in not allowing sacks and the pace of the offense and just the style of it greatly impacts that. A good play caller schemes around a middling oline, see Mullen
Not just about pass blocking. They weren’t good in the run game either

Advertisement
These are the two most important positions in football. They have the biggest impact on winning, they’re the hardest to find, they get paid the most and they go the highest in the draft.

Miami has a true college star at QB for the first time in 17 years. A month ago in Shreveport, Miami’s QBs were a blooper reel. Now, we have a highlight reel. Teams will need to gameplan against King's running and vertical throwing. The fit and timing could not be better. It took decades of slow death to embrace the spread. King and Lashlee will provide electroshock therapy.

And then there’s the pass rush. This was already the strength of the team. We’ve finished 7th, 2nd and 2nd in sack percentage nationally the past three years. It’s hard to be bad when you rush the passer like that. The only other team that finished Top 10 the past three years was Clemson. By adding Roche, you pair the best returning pass rusher in the nation with another Top 5 guy. And Phillips might be the most talented of the bunch.

Manny failed for a lot of reasons. Several of those issues remain. But he has no more excuses at the two most important positions on the field.
D you mean to tell me u don’t consider jacory Harris a star..do you not remember the haircut, the shield the arm sleeve..the suspenders..J12 was ahead of his time

These are the two most important positions in football. They have the biggest impact on winning, they’re the hardest to find, they get paid the most and they go the highest in the draft.

Miami has a true college star at QB for the first time in 17 years. A month ago in Shreveport, Miami’s QBs were a blooper reel. Now, we have a highlight reel. Teams will need to gameplan against King's running and vertical throwing. The fit and timing could not be better. It took decades of slow death to embrace the spread. King and Lashlee will provide electroshock therapy.

And then there’s the pass rush. This was already the strength of the team. We’ve finished 7th, 2nd and 2nd in sack percentage nationally the past three years. It’s hard to be bad when you rush the passer like that. The only other team that finished Top 10 the past three years was Clemson. By adding Roche, you pair the best returning pass rusher in the nation with another Top 5 guy. And Phillips might be the most talented of the bunch.

Manny failed for a lot of reasons. Several of those issues remain. But he has no more excuses at the two most important positions on the field.

We need an offensive lineman and he’s ignoring it!!

Advertisement
Last year a big time QB (Martell) and a big time DE (Hill) were brought in via the portal. Results? 6-7.

Maybe this time around it will work out.

And we brought in Enos, who was supposed fix the offense. Still went 6-7. This team has a lot more problems than just a few players. We might win one or two more games next year, the problem is the head coach and the culture. I’m not buying any of this off season BS hype.

It started early this year. Just like every offseason we over-state the team and get the hype going. We start talking about 10-2 or 11-1. Has happened every year and it's worse every year because of the message boards. It will get worse as the spring arrives and peak in august. Yes there are reasons for saying this year is different (lashlee king etc) but insanity is repeating the same mistake and expecting a different result.

I am a fan regardless and renewed my tickets in December.

Advertisement
Back