QB performance at Greentree

Advertisement
Before your ears turn purple, pay attention to the OP, lover. He said they thought Morris was one of the best QBs in the country. If that hypothesis was true, then he eventually would have found solid footing in the NFL.

Can you wrap your mind around that? An ankle injury wouldn’t have stopped one of the best QBs in the country from eventually finding a secure spot in the NFL, especially when that guy was a 6’3 solidly built kid with a cannon arm.
Not necessarily brother. Two points to that. #1 they thought kaaya was 1 of the best QBs in the country. See where he is. How bout a far grander scale? Ryan leaf, lol we honestly could do this all day but I know you see it too. Also Steve seriously ****ed his ankle up that season playing through that injury. Still walks with a splint and slight limp after 2 surgeries. Alfraud really did fvck him up.

@dsddcane When I 1st saw him I never would've believed it....Looks are deceiving...Lol...
Yes but even by the end of two a days we knew what we had. Just took him a lil bit of adjustment to college & the personalities in the locker room. as you recall we had some real alpha males. You either got with it or you collected jock straps for laundry

Advertisement
Stephen Morris was pretty good his junior year, idk why people always say he was trash. Then he played his senior year with a partially torn achilles with Dorsett and Rashawn Scott both getting hurt that yr.

Morris was good, but in practice he looked elite. His arm talent was off the charts and he had good command of the offense. Even NFL Scouts thought he could be special.

He just never lived up to the hype, as he was very inconsistent in games. He certainly wasnt bad, I agree. He was a solid QB who would have won us 11 games if we had him on the 2018 team.

He's a good example though of how what you see in practice isnt always what you get in games

Not at all. Kaaya was a good player, and Morris was solid.

My mistake was thinking they would be amazing based on Greentree.

Maybe not amazing, but their strengths, or lack thereof, translated to gameday.

Kaaya's accuracy translated to game day.

Morris while He wasn't all that accurate gave us the best chance to win.

Rosier while He wasn't all that accurate gave us the best chance to win, at least in 17'.

I can't think of too many guys that balled out on GT that didn't ball out in a game...the whole "Greentree All American" thing is more myth than fact.

Last edited:
Morris was good, but in practice he looked elite. His arm talent was off the charts and he had good command of the offense. Even NFL Scouts thought he could be special.

He just never lived up to the hype, as he was very inconsistent in games. He certainly wasnt bad, I agree. He was a solid QB who would have won us 11 games if we had him on the 2018 team.

He's a good example though of how what you see in practice isnt always what you get in games

Morris didn't have any finesse to His game, He sucked at the screen game.

Advertisement
Kaaya imo wasn’t bad at Miami his lack of athleticism plagued him overall though. In terms of knowledge of the game and working hard he was really good in that department. We never got to see what Morris could become as a senior since he wasn’t fully healthy but nonetheless he was solid imo as well

Advertisement
Kaaya never folded, made tons of passes in the face of pressure. He was just so slow and immobile.
Nah, there's tons of successful slow quarterbacks. They can feel pressure and slide in the pocket. Kaaya was a tough dude, no doubt but somewhere along the way after taking too many hits, he lost all confidence and would crumple in a heap as soon as he started feeling pressured. He has/had poor pocket presence. It's why he can't make a squad in the NFL. He has all the tools. Strong arm, good accuracy, smart head on his shoulders, good size/strength, toughness and he's not injury prone. He just can't feel the rush and move or get rid of the ball. He's incredible when given time and protection but so are tons of other guys who never made it.

Advertisement
One thing I've learned, the hard way, is that QB is the position that translates the least from the practice field to the games. They can't get hit, which affects everything they do.

When Stephen Morris was entering his senior year, Golden was telling people he was a Top 10 QB in the country. I agreed. Morris was tossing dimes all over the field and looked in total control. When the games started, he sped up his process and his accuracy suffered.

Kaaya was the same deal. Richt told boosters Kaaya was the most accurate QB he'd ever been around. Kaaya put on a show in practice. In games, his lack of quickness got exposed behind an average OL.

Rosier had the best camp of his career last August. He was under control and seemed more confident. When the games started, he got exposed because the opposing defenses had a read on his (and his playcaller's) limitations.

That's a long way of saying: don't overreact to QB practice reports. I'm the biggest culprit myself. All practices show you is skillset. It's not hard to see that Jarren is the best passer in the group. Tate is the best athlete. Kosi has a little bit of both, with the ability to make different types of throws. This competition won't be done until someone establishes themselves as the QB in real games.
Very astute analysis!

Morris was plenty good. It was Golden's defense that ruined his performances. Same with kaaya under golden. Kaaya was plenty good enough...he was limited by Mark Richt's prehistoric offense.

Plus, Richt scrimmaged 1s v. 2s.

Limited in comparison to what? Prior years? Kaaya improved by just about every measurable under Richt. Better percentage of completions, more yards, more tds, and better overall rating. Regardless of how you feel about Richt's offense, Kaaya performed better in it than Coley's. Look it up like you should have before posting your nonsense.

Limited in comparison to what? Prior years? Kaaya improved by just about every measurable under Richt. Better percentage of completions, more yards, more tds, and better overall rating. Regardless of how you feel about Richt's offense, Kaaya performed better in it than Coley's. Look it up like you should have before posting your nonsense.

But did you see kaaya in rpo?......hard to watch. Stats aside.

Advertisement
Back