QB performance at Greentree

Yeah, nkosi looked awful when they saw the field last year, and now we are acting like he could be THE CHOSEN ONE. Dude can’t even find vowels for his name, he all of a sudden gonna read defenses?
We don't know if jarren can read defenses.

Advertisement
We don't know if jarren can read defenses.
Jarren assuredly can read defenses and has had a qb coach for years(Quincy Avery) who is the qb coach for a lot of top qbs in the game. He recently ran Dwayne Haskins pro day by the way and is his qb coach. In addition to that he played in a more complex offense in highschool than Perry and I have More confidence in his ability to read a defense more than Perry’s tbqh

Jarren assuredly can read defenses and has had a qb coach for years(Quincy Avery) who is the qb coach for a lot of top qbs in the game. He recently ran Dwayne Haskins pro day by the way and is his qb coach. In addition to that he played in a more complex offense in highschool than Perry and I have More confidence in his ability to read a defense more than Perry’s tbqh
All that sounds good but he still hasn't shown it.

All that sounds good but he still hasn't shown it.
Was he ever given an opportunity to? That’s like saying we don’t know if jameis Winston(or any redshirt freshman QB) can read a defense just because they haven’t played yet

Was he ever given an opportunity to? That’s like saying we don’t know if jameis Winston(or any redshirt freshman QB) can read a defense just because they haven’t played yet
He wasn't given the chance and that's why i said nobody knows.

Advertisement
One thing I've learned, the hard way, is that QB is the position that translates the least from the practice field to the games. They can't get hit, which affects everything they do.

When Stephen Morris was entering his senior year, Golden was telling people he was a Top 10 QB in the country. I agreed. Morris was tossing dimes all over the field and looked in total control. When the games started, he sped up his process and his accuracy suffered.

Kaaya was the same deal. Richt told boosters Kaaya was the most accurate QB he'd ever been around. Kaaya put on a show in practice. In games, his lack of quickness got exposed behind an average OL.

Rosier had the best camp of his career last August. He was under control and seemed more confident. When the games started, he got exposed because the opposing defenses had a read on his (and his playcaller's) limitations.

That's a long way of saying: don't overreact to QB practice reports. I'm the biggest culprit myself. All practices show you is skillset. It's not hard to see that Jarren is the best passer in the group. Tate is the best athlete. Kosi has a little bit of both, with the ability to make different types of throws. This competition won't be done until someone establishes themselves as the QB in real games.
You think Manny has the scrimmages full contact since we don't have a clear cut starter at this point

One thing I've learned, the hard way, is that QB is the position that translates the least from the practice field to the games. They can't get hit, which affects everything they do.

When Stephen Morris was entering his senior year, Golden was telling people he was a Top 10 QB in the country. I agreed. Morris was tossing dimes all over the field and looked in total control. When the games started, he sped up his process and his accuracy suffered.

Kaaya was the same deal. Richt told boosters Kaaya was the most accurate QB he'd ever been around. Kaaya put on a show in practice. In games, his lack of quickness got exposed behind an average OL.

Rosier had the best camp of his career last August. He was under control and seemed more confident. When the games started, he got exposed because the opposing defenses had a read on his (and his playcaller's) limitations.

That's a long way of saying: don't overreact to QB practice reports. I'm the biggest culprit myself. All practices show you is skillset. It's not hard to see that Jarren is the best passer in the group. Tate is the best athlete. Kosi has a little bit of both, with the ability to make different types of throws. This competition won't be done until someone establishes themselves as the QB in real games.

This competition won't be done until someone establishes themselves as the QB in real games.

Is it your opinion that Diaz will platoon QB's vs uF?

You think Manny has the scrimmages full contact since we don't have a clear cut starter at this point

I would love to jump up and say yes absolutely but a lot depends on the OL as well. Don’t want them to get killed.

Maybe have them go behind the 1st team OL against the 2nd team DL for some live reps.

I have no dog in the hunt, I'm just going to enjoy the quarterback competition.

But for you to say that Jarren can “assuredly can read defenses“ is incorrect. You have no way of knowing that.

Just because he’s being coached by competent people, doesn’t mean that when the bullets are live that he can actually read a defense. That’s just absurd to think that.

I hope he does. He’s smart enough to do it. But being smart enough, and working hard enough, is not the same as actually doing it on game day.

The only way we know if he can read defenses, is if he does it in an actual game.

Advertisement
Morris was plenty good. It was Golden's defense that ruined his performances. Same with kaaya under golden. Kaaya was plenty good enough...he was limited by Mark Richt's prehistoric offense.

Plus, Richt scrimmaged 1s v. 2s.
Golden also went conservative offensively way too early. With that D he should never have been too comfortable with a lead.

But for you to say that Jarren can “assuredly can read defenses“ is incorrect. You have no way of knowing that.

Just because he’s being coached by competent people, doesn’t mean that when the bullets are live that he can actually read a defense. That’s just absurd to think that.

I hope he does. He’s smart enough to do it. But being smart enough, and working hard enough, is not the same as actually doing it on game day.

The only way we know if he can read defenses, is if he does it in an actual game.
We won’t “know” until he does it a game that is true but at the same time Quincy Avery is not sitting on his hands when working with them: He works through a lot of the concepts of the game with these QBs.

Same thing ddsdcane said about Fields, sometimes talent isn't enough. I hope he has both because even though I believe Tate gives us our best chance, it will only make all of them better

Advertisement
We won’t “know” until he does it a game that is true but at the same time Quincy Avery is not sitting on his hands when working with them: He works through a lot of the concepts of the game with these QBs.

Is or isn’t. Can or can’t. Do or do not. Know or don’t know. There is no such thing as the word know with parentheses around it. You either actually know, or you don’t know.

There is no in-between.

He either can or can’t effectively read defenses in a real game. And we don’t even know if he can read defenses in practice. Him or any of the other quarterbacks.

It doesn’t matter if the Albert Einstein of quarterback coaches is teaching him. He either can or can’t read defenses in a real game.

And you don’t know, and I don’t know, if he can do that. So for you to state that he “assuredly” can read defenses is on its face factually incorrect.

This is not a slam on any QB. I am trying to be as completely neutral is I can be on the quarterback competition because I think there a whole lot more trials, practices, scrimmages, and everything else to determine who the starter is, who the best person is, to give us the best chance to win.

Even after that, even after the games have started to be played, it may take a few games to find who the starter is. Why? Because it’s a whole lot different when you’re playing than when you’re in a scrimmage against friendlies with no crowd.

Is or isn’t. Can or can’t. Do or do not. Know or don’t know. There is no such thing as the word know with parentheses around it. You either actually know, or you don’t know.

There is no in-between.

He either can or can’t effectively read defenses in a real game. And we don’t even know if he can read defenses in practice. Him or any of the other quarterbacks.

It doesn’t matter if the Albert Einstein of quarterback coaches is teaching him. He either can or can’t read defenses in a real game.

And you don’t know, and I don’t know, if he can do that. So for you to state that he “assuredly” can read defenses is on its face factually incorrect.

This is not a slam on any QB. I am trying to be as completely neutral is I can be on the quarterback competition because I think there a whole lot more trials, practices, scrimmages, and everything else to determine who the starter is, who the best person is, to give us the best chance to win.

Even after that, even after the games have started to be played, it may take a few games to find who the starter is. Why? Because it’s a whole lot different when you’re playing than when you’re in a scrimmage against friendlies with no crowd.
True we will see, looking forward to see how it unfolds

Advertisement
I'm excited about William's potential, but Tate's going to get meaningful reps if he doesn't win the job outright. His mobility is still a weapon to force opposing defense's to prepare for, why wouldn't we take advantage of that? I don't think we'd go full two-QB system, but he'd probably still get a series or two if not situational reps at the very least. Just dont see him being relegated to mop up duty if Williams or Kosi wins the job.

If you gave the rosier interview a listen the QBs didnt have much decision in who they threw too. We have no clue what either can truly do

Advertisement
Back