QB performance at Greentree

I'm excited about William's potential, but Tate's going to get meaningful reps if he doesn't win the job outright. His mobility is still a weapon to force opposing defense's to prepare for, why wouldn't we take advantage of that? I don't think we'd go full two-QB system, but he'd probably still get a series or two if not situational reps at the very least. Just dont see him being relegated to mop up duty if Williams or Kosi wins the job.
Exactly.... no matter what, he's way too valuable not to be a definitive part of the game plan.

Advertisement
Yes but even by the end of two a days we knew what we had. Just took him a lil bit of adjustment to college & the personalities in the locker room. as you recall we had some real alpha males. You either got with it or you collected jock straps for laundry
@dsddcane If I'm not mistaken...Kenny's Mom moved to Miami for his Sr yr.....RV if I'm correct....

So.. you're telling us NOT TO believe reports coming out of practice about the QBs? Lets see.. where would we have read that info? Where did we read that Row-sure was looking good in practice last year? Hmm... Surely it wasn't on THIS site.

If you're telling us to take a wait and see approach and not to believe what we're reading just yet.. then DON'T allow the staff to post fluff stories talking about... literally what you're telling us not to believe.

It's just cover for years of bad evaluations from practice. Part of that is that people let their their emotions get in the way of a true and impartial evaluation. That is the case here combined with just not being anything better than an average talent evaluator.

Jarren assuredly can read defenses and has had a qb coach for years(Quincy Avery) who is the qb coach for a lot of top qbs in the game. He recently ran Dwayne Haskins pro day by the way and is his qb coach. In addition to that he played in a more complex offense in highschool than Perry and I have More confidence in his ability to read a defense more than Perry’s tbqh

And let me add to this that part of Quincy Avery's workouts include "chalkboard" lessons on defense, etc. In addition to other decision making/mind sharpening activities. What he didn't get from our QB coaches, he got outside....

Advertisement
Do you know who looked like crap in practice? I mean dude threw wobblers all over the place.

Ken Dorsey.

Do you know who made fast decisions and had a quick release which made it almost impossible to sack?

Ken Dorsey

I know what I’ll be looking for in a Miami QB.

People always talk about that line during that era but Dorsey never sacked himself, ever.

So you know that he knows everything he was taught and can actually apply it in real game situations? With that being said, I was at the spring game last year and out if the 3 QBs he looked more the part but that's not saying much because it was mainly walk-ons and 3rd string guys. Theses things always work themselves out and I hope whomever gets the nod is the guy that fuggs it up in the scrimmages.

Because you're trying to credit Richt the OC when he deserves none. I can say good things about Richt the HC, but there’s nothing positive to say about Richt the OC. Also, you’re making it sound like Kaaya was some 12 year vet that finally saw improvement under Richt. No, Kaaya was here 3 years. One as a true freshman starter, the other as a QB on a team so poor they fired the coach midseason, and one with Richt in which Kaaya only marginally improved statistically which you consider validation for some reason.

Those last 5 games were a gift to Richt and the offense. Before facing Pitt our highest point total on offense against a P5 team was 21. Give me a break defending Richt.

Not defending Richt's body of work as OC, but numbers don't lie in 2016 . No matter how you spin it, Kaaya's best year was under Richt the OC. Not being able to admit a simple fact that happens to be a positive about Richt is more evidence of RDS.

So.. you're telling us NOT TO believe reports coming out of practice about the QBs? Lets see.. where would we have read that info? Where did we read that Row-sure was looking good in practice last year? Hmm... Surely it wasn't on THIS site.

If you're telling us to take a wait and see approach and not to believe what we're reading just yet.. then DON'T allow the staff to post fluff stories talking about... literally what you're telling us not to believe.

I’m trying to learn from past mistakes and experience. Ninety-percent of the time, players play like they practice. Freshman first impressions are particularly telling.

QB is the exception. Not coincidentally, it is the only position that is played differently in practice and games. The takeaway for me is to not get too high or too low on guys without the bullets flying. It’s a unique position.

Advertisement
I like both Jarren & Tate, but don't count any of'em out & yes that includes the much maligned Perry.

ALL 3 will have a legit shot & this will be a real QB competition not some makeshift bull**** like we had last year.

Whoever takes command of the huddle & picks up the offense learning all the reads/check-downs the fastest is who will win this comp.

The Spring game next month will be our first glimpse at how they look in this offense, but it won't be over then. The Fall camp scrimmages is where the final decision gets made.

Regardless of who you're rooting for Enos will make the best decision & it won't be based on favoritism.

Co-signed

I'm glad we finally have a coach who will play the guys that'll get it done and not the favorites.kinda like the good ol days best starting good ones waiting they're turn.that's swag.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back