QB performance at Greentree

People declaring the starter after 3 practices, only 1 in pads mind you, is comedy. Just setting themselves up so they can * later if their guy doesn’t actually win the job.

Yes.

Need I remind everyone, that Evan Shireffs was the No. 1 QB coming out of spring practice in 2017, and fizzled in the fall.

After 3 practices, having been where these guys are I can promise you that we know for certain: that we know NOTHING!

Advertisement
People declaring the starter after 3 practices, only 1 in pads mind you, is comedy. Just setting themselves up so they can * later if their guy doesn’t actually win the job.

Where they can bump the thread and act like they’re Nostradamus if he does win. But hope the thread disappears or they delete if it’s not him. Then there’s Sonny, a phaggot troll.

Like anyone cares what he thinks anyways.

Nobody knows jack , including the staff. Quit naming the starter when you’re just hurling crap at the wall.

Let's wait until the bullets are flying to make this determination. Agree it's way early. Good with whoever rises to the top. QB competition for once is real with no advantages since all are being evaluated by a new coach and all are learning playbook for first time.

Which begs the question. In one of the scrimmages should they make the QB live? Risk injury vs finding out which Qb are gamers.

Advertisement
Need I remind everyone, that Evan Shireffs was the No. 1 QB coming out of spring practice in 2017, and fizzled in the fall.

Nope, Richt said Shirreffs & Rosier were tied coming outta Spring 17'.

Regardless, I'd like to see somebody get a stranglehold on the job coming outta Spring, tired of not knowing who the QB is till right before the 1st game.

People forget that Dorsey looked like *** on greentree. But also the defense was loaded with 10 pro bowlers..

After Spring practice his Jr yr, one of the mock drafts had Kaaya the #1 pick and I agreed! He looked like a monster! We know what happened after that and I agree it wasn’t all his fault. After that I never put stock in Spring/Fall ball again at the QB position. I just hope whoever they choose it doesn’t turn into musical chairs all season.

Whoever is named the starter let the other 2 feel so validated that it was the right chose and they have no shot at unseating the named starter that one of them transfers. That’s what happens at Bama.

Advertisement
Good points.

But doesn't the way they perform in practice translate to how the depth chart is created?

Let's say Tate continues his practice struggles. He may very well end up 3rd on depth chart come Fall practice. That means he will have a tough time getting extended scrimmage action against the 1's. Guess what I am trying to say is usually your starter has to win in practice before he can get an opportunity to prove himself during games.

Did I miss something, Tate is struggling??

Ahh man Dmoney the folks criticizing Tate after his 3rd practice in a Canes Unifrom won’t like this, you’re making too many good points for their liking.

I hope Tate doesn't transfer after being named QB3. If he does, oh well. He ran from competition at Ohio State.

Advertisement
I'll take good runner and accurate Jarren, over the good runner cannon armed erratic Nkosi or the great runner erratic Tate.

Advertisement
Morris was plenty good. It was Golden's defense that ruined his performances. Same with kaaya under golden. Kaaya was plenty good enough...he was limited by Mark Richt's prehistoric offense.

Plus, Richt scrimmaged 1s v. 2s.

Yeah, Morris finished 2011 as one of the hottest QBs in the Country under Fish. Coley was His 3rd OC in 4 years His Sr. year. And from what I remember reading, Morris wasn't too fond of Coley's coaching & play-calling.

Advertisement
Back