QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
This has been the scenario for a minute now. I still don’t buy the NFL, never have. Our NIL deal is top shelf and the NFL has been the one piece of leverage he’s had. I could be wrong on that but it would make zero sense to make that jump imo.
Interesting point gaby said that Cam is the one who is confident in his move to the draft while people in his camp may want another year of college.

Do you think its the dad pushing NFL like some posters have speculated or is gaby right that Cam is the one who wants the NFL?

This board is hilarious...one day Mario sucks. The next day hes the man, the next day they hate his coaching..next day, hes a recruiting beast. Then people are calculating how much it would cost Miami to get out of his contract to they cant wait until he has us "back". Oof

This board is hilarious...one day Mario sucks. The next day hes the man, the next day they hate his coaching..next day, hes a recruiting beast. Then people are calculating how much it would cost Miami to get out of his contract to they cant wait until he has us "back". Oof
Welcome to a perfectly normal message board of a site full of avid fans.

?

People mostly **** on him for his coaching but acknowledge his abilities as a recruiter

Advertisement
Because you are describing to different spectrums. People acknowledge his ability to croot and love that aspect because in the end its still players over coaches, but nobody has ever swayed from the fact he sucks on gameday. So, when there are no games, it's easy to get caught up in thr day to day of crootin, then they play and it reminds everyone of how terrible the team actually plays under him

It makes way more sense for Ward to return to college, and battle the draft against inferior QBs. Next year's cycle of QBs is a lot weaker than this year's crop. Currently, I'd put Ward outside of the top 5 of top QBs entering the draft (Williams, Maye, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, and Michael Penix Jr.), and in the next tier with JJ McCarthy, Michael Pratt, and Joe Milton. Typically QBs that are not taken within the top 5 of the position group end up being taken after the 3rd round. And this is not even accounting for Shedeur Sanders turning pro. If Sanders does, I think he would rate higher than Ward.

But next year, if Ward returns, the QB field is not as deep. Ewers, Sanders, Gabriel, Allar, TVD, Moss. IMO Ward would be top 3 (at the worst) in the rankings for next year. I think he commits to Miami, grabs 2.5 million, leads Miami to a ACC title and the CFP, turns pro. goes in the second round (the worst scenario), and makes another $8million. That's my opinion.

It makes way more sense for Ward to return to college, and battle the draft against inferior QBs. Next year's cycle of QBs is a lot weaker than this year's crop. Currently, I'd put Ward outside of the top 5 of top QBs entering the draft (Williams, Maye, Jayden Daniels, Bo Nix, and Michael Penix Jr.), and in the next tier with JJ McCarthy, Michael Pratt, and Joe Milton. Typically QBs that are not taken within the top 5 of the position group end up being taken after the 3rd round. And this is not even accounting for Shedeur Sanders turning pro. If Sanders does, I think he would rate higher than Ward.

But next year, if Ward returns, the QB field is not as deep. Ewers, Sanders, Gabriel, Allar, TVD, Moss. IMO Ward would be top 3 (at the worst) in the rankings for next year. I think he commits to Miami, grabs 2.5 million, leads Miami to a ACC title and the CFP, turns pro. goes in the second round (the worst scenario), and makes another $8million. That's my opinion.
I think most people would agree. The problem is, people don’t always make the best decisions.

Interesting point gaby said that Cam is the one who is confident in his move to the draft while people in his camp may want another year of college.

Do you think its the dad pushing NFL like some posters have speculated or is gaby right that Cam is the one who wants the NFL?
I was told somebody in his camp but I don’t think it’s the dad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Hopefully cam and his pops stay off social media and dont see all the negativity about the program at the moment lol 🤞

Nothing can be more negative than yet another sad sack performance on the field yesterday.

Spoke to a relative of a fairly prominent current player and they implied the QB acquisition was done. Did not say a name nor did I ask, but this player is on offense and is coming back because of this new QB. TIFWIW just helping the cause lol

Advertisement
This has been the scenario for a minute now. I still don’t buy the NFL, never have. Our NIL deal is top shelf and the NFL has been the one piece of leverage he’s had. I could be wrong on that but it would make zero sense to make that jump imo.
Same

Also him waiting till the last possible second to make a decision is negotiations 101

If the 15th is the deadline, it doesn’t hurt him to wait and see if someone gets desperate in the final hours

I don’t think he has the leverage some people think he does, but he also doesn’t need to be in a hurry

If true, they are doing the right thing by waiting for the leverage to shift. Unfortunately for CIS fanatics, time is more of an advantage to UM than to Ward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back