QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoke to a relative of a fairly prominent current player and they implied the QB acquisition was done. Did not say a name nor did I ask, but this player is on offense and is coming back because of this new QB. TIFWIW just helping the cause lol
I think everyone here is hoping you’re correct. I still think Ward is Miami bound and we’ll get a WR1 out of the portal because of it.

Let‘s make it happen.

Advertisement
D-money spending time with his family during the holidays instead of injecting his degenerate audience with stimulus makes him single handidly responsible for any mishaps with this program for the last and next 20 years.

I don't buy into the hive mind train of thought that Ward is playing us or anything else. He knows he has to make a decision about the NFL and has a couple more weeks to do it. For some reason he doesn't prioritize the anxiety that a few dozen message board denizens have about the situation.

Whatever he chooses is fine with me, but I would be more than happy with Howard.

Spoke to a relative of a fairly prominent current player and they implied the QB acquisition was done. Did not say a name nor did I ask, but this player is on offense and is coming back because of this new QB. TIFWIW just helping the cause lol
ironically enough it was some players that thought Qb was done two weeks ago during the visit. The money side was just as confident. Then the NFL stuff started.

Advertisement
I think everyone here is hoping you’re correct. I still think Ward is Miami bound and we’ll get a WR1 out of the portal because of it.

Let‘s make it happen.
Who Are You Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Could it be he is not sold on Mario and Miami and he is trying to find a better option? It feels Like he knows we are all in on him and he has all the leverage. Does Mario think he is by far the best QB in the portal and willing to do whatever to wait for him? This strategy is not making sense.

Advertisement
Give me the eyes reaction if the player you are referring to has a cheek swelling condition.

ironically enough it was some players that thought Qb was done two weeks ago during the visit. The money side was just as confident. Then the NFL stuff started.
Its Jake Garcia!!! lol Jk i know nothing at all. Just throwing random off the wall thought out there!!

Advertisement
Moss had been there for 2-3 years and was 3rd string. They brought in Howard for a visit. Either Riley is complete idiot and missed how good moss is, or maybe 1 meaningless bowl game shouldn't sway you from getting a more proven starter
Don’t think they expected Nelson to portal out. I presume the plan was for Nelson to compete with Moss for the job in 2024. I’m surprised they didn’t bring in a freshman quarterback. Given Riley‘s reputation as a quarterback whisper, you think he would almost have his pick of the litter.

The Trojans problem now is, even though Miller’s performance was one game, he’s not going to take bringing in a talent like Ward or Howard. Neither of those quarterbacks are going to come to play behind Miller. Their expectation is to be the starting quarterback, despite any pretense of competition. If you do convince a player like that to sign, what do you do if Miller portals out next window?

Riley has to convince at least one second tier portal quarterback to come in as a back up.

At least Miami has Judd Anderson coming in behind Emory Williams.

Advertisement
Agree with everything you said, but I think it's important to note that Cribby did say "IMO" - and while it may be correct, optics cannot be the only reason for such tunnel vision - I just can't get there. Alonzo and the rest of the staff (and once again here I am basing this only on opinion) wouldn't simply go after a guy only due to optics - they clearly feel he's head and shoulders above the others available in the portal talent-wise.

Heard Flo mention on one of his podcasts this is all Mario. Doesn’t think Zo is necessarily against it but it’s Mario driving this bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back