QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably been said already, several times, but to me it’s obvious what’s going on here:

-Mario and UM want Ward and have made him an outstanding NIL offer, significantly more than anyone else

-Ward doesn’t necessarily have strong interest in UM, so his NIL people have been fishing around for a more desirable program to get close to our offer

-NFL talk is leverage for our NIL people to keep bumping up the offer

-If another program that’s further along than UM right now gets close he’s going there

-If all else fails, and no one comes close to our offer, and the NFL grade is still meh, Ward will suck it up and play at UM for a year and collect the NIL

Total agreement

Advertisement
Probably been said already, several times, but to me it’s obvious what’s going on here:

-Mario and UM want Ward and have made him an outstanding NIL offer, significantly more than anyone else

-Ward doesn’t necessarily have strong interest in UM, so his NIL people have been fishing around for a more desirable program to get close to our offer

-If another program that’s further along than UM right now gets close he’s going there

-If all else fails, and no one comes close to our offer, and the NFL grade is still meh, Ward will suck it up and play at UM for a year and collect the NIL
Basically this.

I agree with most of this. I think NFL talk is to buy time for a comparable offer from a school that is perceived to be better positioned for ‘24 in terms of scheme and success.

I’m a fan of Ward, but for him to be successful it will take Dawson and Mario to embrace change in how they do things.

Advertisement
The longer the “decision” making process continues with Ward, the more it seems he doesn’t want to be at Miami. The optics are not good as well in that IF Ward finally decides to come to Miami, the expectations will be will be sky high and he’ll be under a tremendous amount of pressure to excel. Not a good recipe for success.

The longer the “decision” making process continues with Ward, the more it seems he doesn’t want to be at Miami. The optics are not good as well in that IF Ward finally decides to come to Miami, the expectations will be will be sky high and he’ll be under a tremendous amount of pressure to excel. Not a good recipe for success.
He doesn't want to be at Miami. That's clear. I'm personally hoping for a miracle that someone enters the portal that we didn't count on. I.E. Noah Fifita

Advertisement
He doesn't want to be at Miami. That's clear. I'm personally hoping for a miracle that someone enters the portal that we didn't count on. I.E. Noah Fifita
Ward taking so long to make a decision with the $$$ and opportunity at Miami, it’s reasonable to assume he doesn’t want to be here.

If the alternative is Jacurri or Emory or Judd starting? Sure.
Yeah, I agree.

But there are alternatives, and likely more entering the portal in the days to come. As an outsider it's really difficult to gauge this, but I'd imagine Cam left a pretty good impression on Mario - who wouldn't with the offer he received. But Cam's actions leave something to be desired, at least from my perspective. Kinda like the beauty queen who'll let you you take her out to the upscale restaurant of her choice if absolutely every other Friday night option falls through. If true, is that really who you want leading the team? Mario talks a lot about culture, yet appears dead set on bringing in a high-priced, possibly reluctant, one year mercenary to team with an OC who may or may not have the goods. What could go wrong?🙄This could turn out a lot like NFL free agency: boom or bust.

That said, do you really want a guy who'll be 'doing you a favor' by collecting a cool 2m (ballpark) to be your QB?
While in a vacuum this might be true, ward has just as much riding on the season as Mario. If ward elevates Miami, that changes his dynamic amongst scouts. If he doesn't give a **** and just coasts to collect a paycheck, he will be in the 6-7th rd. I'm guessing he sucks it up and plays like a professional.

Advertisement
Kid doesn’t want to be in Miami. Not sure pressuring/buying him makes a ton of sense if he isn’t bought in. Will dude fold first sign of adversity cause Miami isn’t really where he wants to be?
Most likely. Which is why I'm kind of chilly on him now. I was open to waiting for a little while but now it's getting stupid. Mario is allowing this kid to cuckold the program and that's no bueno for me.

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back