QB Decision Update (NEW YEARS DAY ANNOUNCEMENT TO THE LEAGUE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bring Howard now, should have been it from the get go.
You mean the guy who was supposedly all in on Miami and then went to usc where he was allegedly all in and is now supposedly all in at OSU. Other than ward not committing when you want, what has he done wrong ? Do we know what he has told the staff? They said around Christmas. Ok what does that mean? Or maybe they changed their mind. People do it all the time. It's the dead period. There really is no rush to get him to commit. He has to decide in 2 weeks regardless. Unless Howard is legit saying I will come if you want me, which we don't know, who is Miami missing out on ?

Advertisement
Advertisement
That said, do you really want a guy who'll be 'doing you a favor' by collecting a cool 2m (ballpark) to be your QB?
Time to move past that "I oNlY wAnT pLaYeRs ThAt WaNt To Be A cAnE fOr LiFe" mentality. They don't make those type of kids anymore.

You get the best players period. It doesn't matter if they're 1 year rentals or high-school recruits.

Advertisement
Emory Williams, Miami, Quarterback

You guys need to relax. We got our qb. If Dorsey and Koşar had a baby, his name would be Emory. Go enjoy your New Years weekend and stop stressing over another quarterback that doesn’t want to be here and is extorting more money. We just went through that this past year, I’d rather not do it again. We’re gonna be okay.

The longer the “decision” making process continues with Ward, the more it seems he doesn’t want to be at Miami. The optics are not good as well in that IF Ward finally decides to come to Miami, the expectations will be will be sky high and he’ll be under a tremendous amount of pressure to excel. Not a good recipe for success.
You’re assuming that he hasn’t let the Univ., staff, and certain players know. The real issue is that Ward hasn’t let the whole world know. That’s your problem, and our problem. If Ward has communicated and committed to the staff, who gives a **** if anyone else knows.

That said, do you really want a guy who'll be 'doing you a favor' by collecting a cool 2m (ballpark) to be your QB?
IMO if he does decide to come to Miami, the minute he signs, he’ll be all in. He’s coming here to improve his draft stock - I don’t see him just going through the motions to collect a paycheck for a year

Because you are describing to different spectrums. People acknowledge his ability to croot and love that aspect because in the end its still players over coaches, but nobody has ever swayed from the fact he sucks on gameday. So, when there are no games, it's easy to get caught up in thr day to day of crootin, then they play and it reminds everyone of how terrible the team actually plays under him

Advertisement
Colbie Young leveraged it into sweet deal with UGA. Restrepo just broke the single season receiving record.

Dawson leaves a lot to be desired, but I guarantee there is a lot he could do better with good QB play.

Brown showed what he can be in 2025 with some reps in 2024.

How many QB’s do you need to see sacrificed at the altar of Marioball?

Serious question.

I’m willing to have a set number of guys who have different skill sets and generate the same exact results in this system.

Right now, I have it at 5 — Brown, Williams, TVD, Garcia, A. Brown, and maybe Herbert. That’s 5 guys for sure, 6 if you want to stretch it a bit more.

You guys need to relax. We got our qb. If Dorsey and Koşar had a baby, his name would be Emory. Go enjoy your New Years weekend and stop stressing over another quarterback that doesn’t want to be here and is extorting more money. We just went through that this past year, I’d rather not do it again. We’re gonna be okay.
I'm willing to get on this train, build on this year. Dawson game planned for this kid well for Clumpson, kid delivered.

Advertisement
How many QB’s do you need to see sacrificed at the altar of Marioball?

Serious question.

I’m willing to have a set number of guys who have different skill sets and generate the same exact results in this system.

Right now, I have it at 5 — Brown, Williams, TVD, Garcia, A. Brown, and maybe Herbert. That’s 5 guys for sure, 6 if you want to stretch it a bit more.

Maybe you know the answer to this - how much is Cristobal meddling in the offense? Dawson doesn't seem to be doing anything different than he did before taking the UM job. Could it be that Cristobal let's Dawson do his thing, but their philosophies happen to be so similar that it looks like Mario is actively involved in the offense?

JB was better in his one game than anything mr 8 for 23 did. JB will play next year before emory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back