Preview of the Lashlee/King combination...

Advertisement
I think King is a really good QB. He was the best - from a talent perspective - on the market. However, it seems truly, Miami was his best offer, and thats weird to me and a bit of a red flag. Sorry, but it is.

We saw a similar story last year with Jalen Hurts...but then a better offer came in and we weren't even in the discussion at that point. We saw what became of Jalen Hurts, but he was already a highly regarded P5 QB.

I think there is a few more question marks to King's game than we'd be willing to admit so far. After getting a new offense, his performance against the P5 wasn't great in 2019. In 2018, there's just a sample of what he can do against the G5.

He's an incredible G5 QB. Incredible.

However, the number of G5 QBs that jump up to P5 and succeed to the same level are...I'm reaching for examples of homeruns or guys that maintain their status quo...I just don't know of one off the top of my head, tbh.

There are just some red flags and/or question marks many of you aren't accounting for right now.

What I like most about him will be his ability to run the football. Miami hasn't had a QB like that and he brings a dynamic that could bail us out of so many bad situations that would have had us toast in previous years. Also in the red zone. Perry and Williams were notoriously gunshy about taking off. Same with pretty much every QB we've had lately.

He's an upgrade over Jarren Williams and NKosi Perry...that I will not even contend...he's much better...but I think expecting him to be some P5 version of what we've already seen from him is asking a bit much and giving you unreal expectations.

@Liberty City El cant believe this is happening bro!!!. I watched Houston for the last few years. For us to be at an optimum I believe King has to be our second leading rusher, He is a better runner then passer. He should be averaging 12-15 runs a game.. Dont think he will have nany games throwing for 300-400 yards unless we are behind. We need to average around 200 yards running with this guy, and then hit him over the top. And Corbin had drop issues at Houston looking at thier board I think we should pass on him
Agreed, we should definitely dial up a bunch of running plays for him to keep Defenses off balance, then when they key in on stop the QB option we work the middle of the field with Brevin/Mallory & hit the deep ball on the outside with Pope & Wiggins.

I'm not crazy about Corbin but I would take him just add more depth at WR, I think Worsham needs a redshirt & we could use a vet WR that's familiar with the offense.

In 2016 USF went 11-2 with Quinton Flowers, he threw for 2,812yds 24TD's & 7INT's at 62% passing with 1,530yds rushing & 18TD's. King is much better passer than Flowers was, but they have similar athletic ability.

The offense should be centered around attacking Defenses with speed & tempo, using King in the run game opens it up for Cam/Chaney/Knighton & forces Defenses to commit a LB/S to spy him, which leaves us with one on one matchups on the outside, that's where our WR's will shine.

If he goes 9 wins, he has to go. The BOT cannot be stupid enough to count that as an improvement. Offense is the problem? QB is the problem? Supposedly fixed. You have to look at how weak the schedule is. You cannot keep giving him excuses.
tumblr_m8iiquSdAP1rtfearo1_400.gifv

@Liberty City El cant believe this is happening bro!!!. I watched Houston for the last few years. For us to be at an optimum I believe King has to be our second leading rusher, He is a better runner then passer. He should be averaging 12-15 runs a game.. Dont think he will have nany games throwing for 300-400 yards unless we are behind. We need to average around 200 yards running with this guy, and then hit him over the top. And Corbin had drop issues at Houston looking at thier board I think we should pass on him
I dont Think he’s a better runner than a passer but he can do both at a very high level. This isn’t a Nick Marshall situation, he has a very good arm and can throw it everywhere on the field.in 2018 In just 11 games he had a 3000 yard season passing 36 tds 6 ints, 3 games over 400 yards passing and 2 more over 300 yards passing, had 675 rushing yards. That’s pretty insane

Advertisement
I understand where you're coming from but at this point Idc, I just wanna win.

I'm not all that high on Diaz either, but I'm very much a Lashlee guy, he was my top 2 for OC candidates & when we hired him it was **** good get for the program.

I want a good offense & W's, I don't give shìt how or who is the HC, just give me the W's & we'll figure the rest out later.
I would go even further and say just give me some freaking EXCITEMENT!!! Put some points in the board. If we lose a few games and get outscored on then fine. I just can’t handle watching games that look like old people f&cking for 4 quarters anymore.

I think King is a really good QB. He was the best - from a talent perspective - on the market. However, it seems truly, Miami was his best offer, and thats weird to me and a bit of a red flag. Sorry, but it is.

We saw a similar story last year with Jalen Hurts...but then a better offer came in and we weren't even in the discussion at that point. We saw what became of Jalen Hurts, but he was already a highly regarded P5 QB.

I think there is a few more question marks to King's game than we'd be willing to admit so far. After getting a new offense, his performance against the P5 wasn't great in 2019. In 2018, there's just a sample of what he can do against the G5.

He's an incredible G5 QB. Incredible.

However, the number of G5 QBs that jump up to P5 and succeed to the same level are...I'm reaching for examples of homeruns or guys that maintain their status quo...I just don't know of one off the top of my head, tbh.

There are just some red flags and/or question marks many of you aren't accounting for right now.

What I like most about him will be his ability to run the football. Miami hasn't had a QB like that and he brings a dynamic that could bail us out of so many bad situations that would have had us toast in previous years. Also in the red zone. Perry and Williams were notoriously gunshy about taking off. Same with pretty much every QB we've had lately.
Ole Miss & Arkansas were both after him, and had he not committed today he 100% was in discussion for LSU but they weren't in a rush to get him.

I think using that argument doesn't work because we got him due to urgency of the fact we needed him enrolled by 1/21. If we had the same enrollment date as other teams he would've taken more visits & probably wouldn't have came here.

Also, you can't judge the 2019 season because Dana Holgorsen came in & completely changed the offense, he wasn't running the same scheme that Briles ran & never got comfortable in it. The reason why Lashlee wanted him is because he knows what he can do with him in his system, if he wasn't that good Lash wouldn't be wasting his first year on a transfer QB that he doesn't think he can work wonders with.

I think you're honestly just being a contrarian just to be one, the "red flags" aren't really red flags, you're kinda just reaching for something to swing the pendulum back so that people don't get too overhyped which is understandable, but your honestly reaching my dude lol.

And the whole G5 vs P5 thing doesn apply here, we lost to two G5 teams last year & almost got beat by CMU, we're not above taking a great QB from a G5. Va Tech won games last year with an extremely mediocre QB, you don't need an elite 5-star Clemson transfer to win games in the Coastal.

We won 10 games with Malik Rosier for God sakes, who gives a fck what conference King is from lol.

Advertisement
I soured on him when we lost to FIU. Hopefully that never happens again.
I understand that and it's fair. Orgeron lost to Troy with Aranda as DC and I'm sure fans soured on him but them same fans worship him now and most on here envy Orgeron and their situation now. Not trying to compare us to them; just saying in life sometimes you have to fall and fall to your lowest point before you climb all the way back to the top.

Let's hope that the FIU loss represents our lowest point.

I'm rooting for my team no matter what, its called loyalty!

I'm not drinking the Kool-aid either, I'm just excited about the potential of the offense.

There won't be any room for that sir. We haven't seen consistent competent winning in the day and age of social media, you will be held accountable. Hence the "Don't be a fan later" tag.

Might as well add the Hokies to the list since Jarren basically gave them the game on a silver platter.
Totally forgot about that game. i agree that’s another one and i forgot duke. man to may losses to remember

Advertisement
I dont Think he’s a better runner than a passer but he can do both at a very high level. This isn’t a Nick Marshall situation, he has a very good arm and can throw it everywhere on the field.in 2018 In just 11 games he had a 3000 yard season passing 36 tds 6 ints, 3 games over 400 yards passing and 2 more over 300 yards passing, had 675 rushing yards. That’s pretty insane

Brock with all due respect you dont know what your talking about, your looking at stats and not games... Go watch Last years Oklahoma game in full or even last years game against Washington State. I watched because I put money or him for Heisman.. He is a much better runner then passer. Yes I understand Briles left and he had a new coordinator, But even under Briles it was easy to see that King's running on 3rd and 4th down is what made that team hum. This is exactly what we need a running qb who can occasionally make plays with his arm, and from what i remember #5 Stevenson looked like the best receiver

Advertisement
Ole Miss & Arkansas were both after him, and had he not committed today he 100% was in discussion for LSU but they weren't in a rush to get him.

I think using that argument doesn't work because we got him due to urgency of the fact we needed him enrolled by 1/21. If we had the same enrollment date as other teams he would've taken more visits & probably wouldn't have came here.

Also, you can't judge the 2019 season because Dana Holgorsen came in & completely changed the offense, he wasn't running the same scheme that Briles ran & never got comfortable in it. The reason why Lashlee wanted him is because he knows what he can do with him in his system, if he wasn't that good Lash wouldn't be wasting his first year on a transfer QB that he doesn't think he can work wonders with.

I think you're honestly just being a contrarian just to be one, the "red flags" aren't really red flags, you're kinda just reaching for something to swing the pendulum back so that people don't get too overhyped which is understandable, but your honestly reaching my dude lol.

And the whole G5 vs P5 thing doesn apply here, we lost to two G5 teams last year & almost got beat by CMU, we're not above taking a great QB from a G5. Va Tech won games last year with an extremely mediocre QB, you don't need an elite 5-star Clemson transfer to win games in the Coastal.

We won 10 games with Malik Rosier for God sakes, who gives a fck what conference King is from lol.

El..a lot of these cats are like scorned & jaded females. LMAO

Brock with all due respect you dont know what your talking about, your looking at stats and not games... Go watch Last years Oklahoma game in full or even last years game against Washington State. I watched because I put money or him for Heisman.. He is a much better runner then passer. Yes I understand Briles left and he had a new coordinator, But even under Briles it was easy to see that King's running is what made that team hum.
No one is saying he isn’t a great runner, but he is a better passer than given credit for by most fans too. He does what a modern qb should do, regardless both aspects running and passing work perfectly in his game

I'm a born & raised in Dade, been a fan my entire life, my fandom cannot be questioned by anyone.
The response was a reply to swam city post about him not jumping on the bandwagon. But it got yours in the reply. Being a Cane got to be in you not on you, so anyone being bashful about supporting the Canes or only wanting too when they winning are front runners and not true. You don't jump off the boat no matter how far it sinks.

There isn't anything in between.

Advertisement
Back