Preview of the Lashlee/King combination...

Memnon

Dejazmach
Premium

Houston vs Navy - D'Eriq King went 25/38 for 413yds 3TD's at 65.8% passing with 7 carries for 56yds & 1TD rushing.

SMU vs USF - SMU's offense put up 497yds (252 passing & 245 rushing) putting up 48 points with Buechele throwing 21/25 for 226yds 3TD's passing & 5 carries for 27yds with 1TD rushing. Plus SMU's RB Xavier Jones rushed for 155yds off just 15 carries.

Obviously, King is a completely different QB than Buechele, but the point is when looking at many of the passing/run plays vs Navy & combine that with a very similar scheme that SMU was running, it's a potential explosive dynamic offense that will give Defenses fits.

Lashlee+King+Harris/Chaney/Knighton+Wiggins/Pope/Harley/Payton/Redding/Restrepo+Brevin Jordan/Mallory/Hodges = High octane fast paced offensive productivity.

Aside from the WR's, our RB's should be the most amped about us landing King, his mobility is special & adding the QB option to the run game where the QB is a dynamic playmaker with legit 4.3/4.4 speed opens up the running lanes for them more than anyone.

I know, "shouldn't get excited, we still suck, we say this every year" etc.. Trust me I got it, but I don't care.

I'm gonna be hyped about the potentiality of this offense finally reaching its zenith & becoming an explosive point scoring machine. If we add Keith Corbin too that'll only make us stronger & I think we're after a Grad OT that will enroll in May as well, so the OL under Justice should/could be improved.

I already know how some of yall will respond, don't care, I'm hyped & no amount of moping will make me change my opinion.

Lashlee & King could be lethal, here's to hoping they are, we're due for a good season... 🙏🏾 Please let it happen.

Advertisement
3mphzm.gif

Advertisement

Houston vs Navy - D'Eriq King went 25/38 for 413yds 3TD's at 65.8% passing with 7 carries for 56yds & 1TD rushing.

SMU vs USF - SMU's offense put up 497yds (252 passing & 245 rushing) putting up 48 points with Buechele throwing 21/25 for 226yds 3TD's passing & 5 carries for 27yds with 1TD rushing. Plus SMU's RB Xavier Jones rushed for 155yds off just 15 carries.

Obviously, King is a completely different QB than Buechele, but the point is when looking at many of the passing/run plays vs Navy & combine that with a very similar scheme that SMU was running, it's a potential explosive dynamic offense that will give Defenses fits.

Lashlee+King+Harris/Chaney/Knighton+Wiggins/Pope/Harley/Payton/Redding/Restrepo+Brevin Jordan/Mallory/Hodges = High octane fast paced offensive productivity.

Aside from the WR's, our RB's should be the most amped about us landing King, his mobility is special & adding the QB option to the run game where the QB is a dynamic playmaker with legit 4.3/4.4 speed opens up the running lanes for them more than anyone.

I know, "shouldn't get excited, we still suck, we say this every year" etc.. Trust me I got it, but I don't care.

I'm gonna be hyped about the potentiality of this offense finally reaching its zenith & becoming an explosive point scoring machine. If we add Keith Corbin too that'll only make us stronger & I think we're after a Grad OT that will enroll in May as well, so the OL under Justice should/could be improved.

I already know how some of yall will respond, don't care, I'm hyped & no amount of moping will make me change my opinion.

Lashlee & King could be lethal, here's to hoping they are, we're due for a good season... 🙏🏾 Please let it happen.

Stubblefield gone and the Godfather got his good vibes back.....
Respect!!!!!

Advertisement
Just watched part of those Navy highlights and there were 3 terrible dropped passes too. I can see why he would want to leave.

Advertisement
People keep on asking about the OL and adding OLmen

From what I see we will be very high tempo with passes going out on the perimeter in very quick fashion. That will help things out a bit.
If King can just be accurate and run as soon as he sees nothing open and the DBs' heads turned around we should be alright.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back