Preview of the Lashlee/King combination...

Houston vs Navy - D'Eriq King went 25/38 for 413yds 3TD's at 65.8% passing with 7 carries for 56yds & 1TD rushing.

SMU vs USF - SMU's offense put up 497yds (252 passing & 245 rushing) putting up 48 points with Buechele throwing 21/25 for 226yds 3TD's passing & 5 carries for 27yds with 1TD rushing. Plus SMU's RB Xavier Jones rushed for 155yds off just 15 carries.

Obviously, King is a completely different QB than Buechele, but the point is when looking at many of the passing/run plays vs Navy & combine that with a very similar scheme that SMU was running, it's a potential explosive dynamic offense that will give Defenses fits.

Lashlee+King+Harris/Chaney/Knighton+Wiggins/Pope/Harley/Payton/Redding/Restrepo+Brevin Jordan/Mallory/Hodges = High octane fast paced offensive productivity.

Aside from the WR's, our RB's should be the most amped about us landing King, his mobility is special & adding the QB option to the run game where the QB is a dynamic playmaker with legit 4.3/4.4 speed opens up the running lanes for them more than anyone.

I know, "shouldn't get excited, we still suck, we say this every year" etc.. Trust me I got it, but I don't care.

I'm gonna be hyped about the potentiality of this offense finally reaching its zenith & becoming an explosive point scoring machine. If we add Keith Corbin too that'll only make us stronger & I think we're after a Grad OT that will enroll in May as well, so the OL under Justice should/could be improved.

I already know how some of yall will respond, don't care, I'm hyped & no amount of moping will make me change my opinion.

Lashlee & King could be lethal, here's to hoping they are, we're due for a good season... 🙏🏾 Please let it happen.

Seasons Plural!!!
Welcome back champ! We missed you

Advertisement

Houston vs Navy - D'Eriq King went 25/38 for 413yds 3TD's at 65.8% passing with 7 carries for 56yds & 1TD rushing.

SMU vs USF - SMU's offense put up 497yds (252 passing & 245 rushing) putting up 48 points with Buechele throwing 21/25 for 226yds 3TD's passing & 5 carries for 27yds with 1TD rushing. Plus SMU's RB Xavier Jones rushed for 155yds off just 15 carries.

Obviously, King is a completely different QB than Buechele, but the point is when looking at many of the passing/run plays vs Navy & combine that with a very similar scheme that SMU was running, it's a potential explosive dynamic offense that will give Defenses fits.

Lashlee+King+Harris/Chaney/Knighton+Wiggins/Pope/Harley/Payton/Redding/Restrepo+Brevin Jordan/Mallory/Hodges = High octane fast paced offensive productivity.

Aside from the WR's, our RB's should be the most amped about us landing King, his mobility is special & adding the QB option to the run game where the QB is a dynamic playmaker with legit 4.3/4.4 speed opens up the running lanes for them more than anyone.

I know, "shouldn't get excited, we still suck, we say this every year" etc.. Trust me I got it, but I don't care.

I'm gonna be hyped about the potentiality of this offense finally reaching its zenith & becoming an explosive point scoring machine. If we add Keith Corbin too that'll only make us stronger & I think we're after a Grad OT that will enroll in May as well, so the OL under Justice should/could be improved.

I already know how some of yall will respond, don't care, I'm hyped & no amount of moping will make me change my opinion.

Lashlee & King could be lethal, here's to hoping they are, we're due for a good season... 🙏🏾 Please let it happen.

You shouldn't have to apologize for being a little optimistic, but I get it. The negativity is relentless with the fanbase these days.

I cant wait to see what Lashlee/King can do.

I’m saying if you not hyped after this then idk what to tell you... just don’t come hopping on the bandwagon when we winning 10/11 games next season. I like us against everybody on the schedule tbh

Advertisement
Our offense will be really good next year. Its not hype or hope, its what the evidence is pointing too. I will be the first to say the Administration is horrible, Manny was horrible in 2019, and we might have a culture problem in the locker room, but winning cures a lot of that ****.

I wasn't 100% a Manny groupie but I didnt mind the hire. By the time we lost to Duke I was good with firing him in his 1st year. But lets give credit where credit is due. We've upgraded our OC and scheme, definitely upgraded the QB room (King will be the best athlete on the field in probably all our games), and we've upgraded our Kicker. Atleast Diaz is attacking our obvious flaws and not sitting still.

El if we take out the Bethune and Louisville game we averaged 21 ppg. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! Not with the pace and space that we will be running. We are the most talented team in the Coastal and in 2020 we will attack teams in waves. On offense we will throw athletes at them and on defense we have a lot of pass rushers rotating in and out probably playing with the lead. Thats why the Roche pickup is a big deal.

If we get Dotson and a starting OT in the portal it would basically be a perfect off season. With ZO being the only negative of 2020.

Advertisement

I believe your right LCE

Advertisement
Most electric athlete to put on a Canes jersey since Devin Hester
Santana_Moss_(45672382272).jpg

Think our offense will look more similar to Nick Marshall at Auburn with Gus than what Lashlee ran at SMU with Buechele. Inside zone/zone read/RPO heavy with a vertical passing game.

King is the truth and we are going to run the f*cking table.

Advertisement
I hope we'll look back at offense after next season and wonder "Why the **** hasn't Miami run a true spread offense like this until now?".

Just like when Manny replaced D'onofrio the defense had a massive improvement, just playing in a style suitable to SFL athletes will lead to better play.

Our offense will be really good next year. Its not hype or hope, its what the evidence is pointing too. I will be the first to say the Administration is horrible, Manny was horrible in 2019, and we might have a culture problem in the locker room, but winning cures a lot of that ****.

I wasn't 100% a Manny groupie but I didnt mind the hire. By the time we lost to Duke I was good with firing him in his 1st year. But lets give credit where credit is due. We've upgraded our OC and scheme, definitely upgraded the QB room (King will be the best athlete on the field in probably all our games), and we've upgraded our Kicker. Atleast Diaz is attacking our obvious flaws and not sitting still.

El if we take out the Bethune and Louisville game we averaged 21 ppg. THAT WILL NOT HAPPEN AGAIN!!! Not with the pace and space that we will be running. We are the most talented team in the Coastal and in 2020 we will attack teams in waves. On offense we will throw athletes at them and on defense we have a lot of pass rushers rotating in and out probably playing with the lead. Thats why the Roche pickup is a big deal.

If we get Dotson and a starting OT in the portal it would basically be a perfect off season. With ZO being the only negative of 2020.
Well said.

Our first 4 games will be telling, we should boat race Temple (Lash carved them up at SMU), UAB is a good well coached team with a good Defense but I like our chances, Wagner is a scrimmage & @ Mich St will be a good litmus test for the season.

Mich St is not a good team, their offense is trash & Dantonio is on his way out, but they always have a stout Defense, if we can beat them on the road it bodes well for the direction of the rest of the season, we lose that game & it'll be a telltale sign that Diaz ain't the guy.

The new direction of this team has be an offense that strikes fear in the hearts of teams, it doesn't matter how good the Defense is or could be, if we can't move the ball at will & score points we're doomed for another 6/7 win season.

Advertisement
Back