Preview of the Lashlee/King combination...

Well said.

Our first 4 games will be telling, we should boat race Temple (Lash carved them up at SMU), UAB is a good well coached team with a good Defense but I like our chances, Wagner is a scrimmage & @ Mich St will be a good litmus test for the season.

Mich St is not a good team, their offense is trash & Dantonio is on his way out, but they always have a stout Defense, if we can beat them on the road it bodes well for the direction of the rest of the season, we lose that game & it'll be a telltale sign that Diaz ain't the guy.

The new direction of this team has be an offense that strikes fear in the hearts of teams, it doesn't matter how good the Defense is or could be, if we can't move the ball at will & score points we're doomed for another 6/7 win season.
Hopefully Lashlee and King wake people up to what CFB is. Your program looks like a trash heap if you can't score points. Bad offense sucks the life out of a team and the program.

Advertisement
Think our offense will look more similar to Nick Marshall at Auburn with Gus than what Lashlee ran at SMU with Buechele. Inside zone/zone read/RPO heavy with a vertical passing game.

King is the truth and we are going to run the f*cking table.
King is a much better passer than Nick Marshall.

I think we could potentially look like a version of what Oklahoma did with Jalen Hurts.

Not saying he would throw for 3800yds or that we make the playoffs, but the offense could look similar using the same template.

Advertisement

Houston vs Navy - D'Eriq King went 25/38 for 413yds 3TD's at 65.8% passing with 7 carries for 56yds & 1TD rushing.

SMU vs USF - SMU's offense put up 497yds (252 passing & 245 rushing) putting up 48 points with Buechele throwing 21/25 for 226yds 3TD's passing & 5 carries for 27yds with 1TD rushing. Plus SMU's RB Xavier Jones rushed for 155yds off just 15 carries.

Obviously, King is a completely different QB than Buechele, but the point is when looking at many of the passing/run plays vs Navy & combine that with a very similar scheme that SMU was running, it's a potential explosive dynamic offense that will give Defenses fits.

Lashlee+King+Harris/Chaney/Knighton+Wiggins/Pope/Harley/Payton/Redding/Restrepo+Brevin Jordan/Mallory/Hodges = High octane fast paced offensive productivity.

Aside from the WR's, our RB's should be the most amped about us landing King, his mobility is special & adding the QB option to the run game where the QB is a dynamic playmaker with legit 4.3/4.4 speed opens up the running lanes for them more than anyone.

I know, "shouldn't get excited, we still suck, we say this every year" etc.. Trust me I got it, but I don't care.

I'm gonna be hyped about the potentiality of this offense finally reaching its zenith & becoming an explosive point scoring machine. If we add Keith Corbin too that'll only make us stronger & I think we're after a Grad OT that will enroll in May as well, so the OL under Justice should/could be improved.

I already know how some of yall will respond, don't care, I'm hyped & no amount of moping will make me change my opinion.

Lashlee & King could be lethal, here's to hoping they are, we're due for a good season... 🙏🏾 Please let it happen.

Miami hiring Lashlee got A LOT of attention. King is going to do wonders for this program. Let's start seeing some in spring ball. Get the 305 kids excited about football at MIAMI.

Houston vs Navy - D'Eriq King went 25/38 for 413yds 3TD's at 65.8% passing with 7 carries for 56yds & 1TD rushing.

SMU vs USF - SMU's offense put up 497yds (252 passing & 245 rushing) putting up 48 points with Buechele throwing 21/25 for 226yds 3TD's passing & 5 carries for 27yds with 1TD rushing. Plus SMU's RB Xavier Jones rushed for 155yds off just 15 carries.

Obviously, King is a completely different QB than Buechele, but the point is when looking at many of the passing/run plays vs Navy & combine that with a very similar scheme that SMU was running, it's a potential explosive dynamic offense that will give Defenses fits.

Lashlee+King+Harris/Chaney/Knighton+Wiggins/Pope/Harley/Payton/Redding/Restrepo+Brevin Jordan/Mallory/Hodges = High octane fast paced offensive productivity.

Aside from the WR's, our RB's should be the most amped about us landing King, his mobility is special & adding the QB option to the run game where the QB is a dynamic playmaker with legit 4.3/4.4 speed opens up the running lanes for them more than anyone.

I know, "shouldn't get excited, we still suck, we say this every year" etc.. Trust me I got it, but I don't care.

I'm gonna be hyped about the potentiality of this offense finally reaching its zenith & becoming an explosive point scoring machine. If we add Keith Corbin too that'll only make us stronger & I think we're after a Grad OT that will enroll in May as well, so the OL under Justice should/could be improved.

I already know how some of yall will respond, don't care, I'm hyped & no amount of moping will make me change my opinion.

Lashlee & King could be lethal, here's to hoping they are, we're due for a good season... 🙏🏾 Please let it happen.

This is the part I am torn on, a good season means these ***** get a lease on life and I don't think they are the answer long term. **** the Miami admin for putting me into such conflicting perspectives. NEVER thought I would be here.

This is the part I am torn on, a good season means these ***** get a lease on life and I don't think they are the answer long term. **** the Miami admin for putting me into such conflicting perspectives. NEVER thought I would be here.
I understand where you're coming from but at this point Idc, I just wanna win.

I'm not all that high on Diaz either, but I'm very much a Lashlee guy, he was my top 2 for OC candidates & when we hired him it was **** good get for the program.

I want a good offense & W's, I don't give shìt how or who is the HC, just give me the W's & we'll figure the rest out later.

Advertisement

I'm not all that high on Diaz either, but I'm very much a Lashlee guy, he was my top 2 for OC candidates & when we hired him it was **** good get for the program.

I want a good offense & W's, I don't give shìt how or who is the HC, just give me the W's & we'll figure the rest out later.
You may be right El, seeing a Miami offense put up 40 plus consistently again might be what the Doctor ordered.

King is a much better passer than Nick Marshall.

I think we could potentially look like a version of what Oklahoma did with Jalen Hurts.

Not saying he would throw for 3800yds or that we make the playoffs, but the offense could look similar using the same template.
If Lashlee is capable of drawing up plays like Riley then we straight. I seen some designed QB runs from OU last year that I've never seen before. He had like this inverted ZR that pulled two OL from the right side and it wound up being a big play. Anything zone read/RPO with vertical passing will cater to King's strengths.

I like Tate to move to WR and be on the field when we go 4 wide along with Payton, Pope, and Wiggins.

Finally out of the prehistoric era with King and a spread offense. King used to be a Heisman contender, no reason he shouldn't be this year against ACC competition. Promising is all I can say.

Advertisement

Good stuff LCE, however ...

the head ball corch is still Manny. That means 8-4, 9-3 with D’Eriq making monster plays to save Manny’s rear end.

Advertisement
The ship of optimism will be dashed upon the rocks of OL suckness.

2 True Freshman who were in highschool the prior year were on the OL trying to defend against guys going to the NFL this summer.

Those kids and the rest of OL have a year of live games under their belt and another 8 months to train and practice— I think improvement is going to happen.

And we ain’t done with transfer portal yet...

Good stuff LCE, however ...

the head ball corch is still Manny. That means 8-4, 9-3 with D’Eriq making monster plays to save Manny’s rear end.
If he goes 9 wins, he has to go. The BOT cannot be stupid enough to count that as an improvement. Offense is the problem? QB is the problem? Supposedly fixed. You have to look at how weak the schedule is. You cannot keep giving him excuses.

Advertisement
Back