PractiSe and other crap

First off Tyrique was back at practice , I was under the assumption he was one of the guys held out, his wrist is fine.

Restrepo and Rambo did their normal thing, Rambo is clearly the dude. Also we have three Fr wr who’d start or be in the rotation most years. The staff has no fears if they have to be thrown in.

Don might be closer to be pre injury than anyone thought , dude looked super explosive and had a long touchdown on a wheel route. He is as clearly the best rb yesterday but Cam has been great all fall.

Qb battle is dead even, Tvd is more consistent but Jake brings more explosive plays. As I’ve said this battle will go on for a year.

Ive mentioned Elijah will get burn at De and that hasn’t changed , LT was talked about getting time there In the off season , that’s until he showed up. He is all we expected and a lot more. This is 100% a future first round pick, I can’t stress how athletic and fast he is for that size , his first step is crazy. I’d be shocked if he’s not in two deep and playing crazy snaps. Man child.

Cave was banged up but was coming on very strong , he’s one of the guys I talked about being breakouts this year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get burn at mike. I told y’all over the summer Keontra was the deal and boy is he. He looks nothing like a guy who has recently changed positions.

Lastly the ol has improved pass blocking and I expect king to have plenty of time to throw but the run blocking still isn’t where it should be. It’s definitely better but the consistent push is lacking. As a whole the unit will be better.

I’ll be posting a thread later talking defense, possible tweaks and expectations.
@Sebastianspipe the push will be lacking as long as Gaynor is there. I don't get why they can't bench this kid. He gets pushed back every play and makes alot of bad snaps. Can't they play scaife or someone else?

Advertisement
@Sebastianspipe the push will be lacking as long as Gaynor is there. I don't get why they can't bench this kid. He gets pushed back every play and makes alot of bad snaps. Can't they play scaife or someone else?
It’s mind boggling. On top of being pushed back, he’s the worst snapper we have had in years. Takes forever to get to King.

It’s mind boggling. On top of being pushef back, he’s the worst snapper we have had in years. Takes forever to get to King.
Or it hits the ground nonstop.....keeps the defense in their toes though....chess not checkers

Or it hits the ground nonstop.....keeps the defense in their toes though....chess not checkers
Cosmo Kramer Mind Blown GIF

Advertisement
Why would you be calling for Scaife? He's a worse guard than Gaynor is a Center. Keep him away from the interior. Go look at any game that inside pressure is a problem and Scaife had alot to do with it. While Gaynor is getting pushing back at least that is some resistance. Scaife will just get beat cleanly. That matador **** against VT was some of the worst OL play you'll see. And he isn't great on picking up on games on the inside either. A center just whiffing on guys would be worse.

Scaife and Clark aren't stout enough. Clark had the accident but a combo of Jakai and Scaife on the inside would definitely have us DOA for the Bama game. Rivers and Donaldson may at least give us a chance. Clark might be serviceable against good teams as a center next year but he's hurt so thats a no go this year.

Advertisement
Pete said he was a dawg tho.
I dont get it, the kid even sounds soft in his interviews. He's a g5 player.
What does that say about the options behind him if we cant get anyone to take his spot?

At this point, we gotta roll with the punches. Is he going to more than likely get his **** pushed in by DJ Dale and Tim Smith from Bama? Probably. But so will alot of other centers that Bamas goes up against too this season. And lets hope Donaldson and Rivers can help him out as well.

Bruh, I have read this sentence four times and each time I do it sounds more and more ridiculous. WTF are you trying to say lol Its like Charlie from Its always Sunny wrote this for you...

its always sunny in philadelphia charlie GIF
😂😂😂😭😭😭😭😭😭
Man, I thought it was just me bro! 🤣🤣🤣

It will be bring me no small amount of pleasure to blast you into atoms, seeing how, puny as you may be, you have caused considerable inconvenience to my plan of recording every practice. Mods, still this impudent rebel's tongue with a blast of your atomic stun rod!
That sounds like my wife.

Different staff different play different circumstances. Chick was put in a position that fit the defense but not the player. Smith plays like a linebacker already. He hasn't had to put on a ton of weight to move positions. It should work out but I guess we'll see. I think he'll lead the lbs in tackles and tfls
Smith could be the third string strong safety or the starter at Will. It’s a no brainer. Especially since he was a de facto linebacker in high school anyway. This staff is moving Smith to better use his attributes. Chickillo was the exact opposite. He was a pass rushing edge defender in high school and Golden made him a 3/4 end who occupied blockers.

Advertisement
I think Clark’s injury maybe a blessing in disguise for him. Really hope to see him as our starting center next year

Pete and D$ went gaga over his highlights cause he was snatching 180 lb dudes outside his frame and tossing them to the ground.

I said those are holding calls and he's not gonna do that to ACC DTs. You can't rely on ragdolling with your hands without actually bending your knees and moving your feet.

Pete and D$ went gaga over his highlights cause he was snatching 180 lb dudes outside his frame and tossing them to the ground.

I said those are holding calls and he's not gonna do that to ACC DTs. You can't rely on ragdolling with your hands without actually bending your knees and moving your feet.
Have opposing defenses realized and taken advantage of our obvious deficiencies at both C and G? Will better G play help Gaynor at all?

Advertisement
Have opposing defenses realized and taken advantage of our obvious deficiencies at both C and G? Will better G play help Gaynor at all?
I don't know if defenses scheme to take advantage of the interior but they don't really have to. Interior pressure was an issue last year with the guards especially losing a lot of 1on1 matchups. I don't see anything changing with the run game because if you run DUO you have a C who can't bend his knees and if he's getting knocked back into the backfield the back has no space to make his reads and cuts, and if you run Inside Zone you have a C who doesn't have range to move laterally so it's difficult for him to execute reach blocks. Those just happen to be bread and butter run plays in Lashlee's offense.

Could better G play help Gaynor execute DUO? It's possible the G double teams the nose and works up to the LB giving Gaynor time to get across and handle the nose. But his grip strength isn't very good despite all the ragdolling he did on his HS film. And I can't help but think back to a short-yardage run that Chaney had where the G - I think it was Scaife vs UNC - never came off the double team and the LB knifed into the backfield.

There are a lot of issues with the run game and I'd be surprised if it got fully fixed.

I don't know if defenses scheme to take advantage of the interior but they don't really have to. Interior pressure was an issue last year with the guards especially losing a lot of 1on1 matchups. I don't see anything changing with the run game because if you run DUO you have a C who can't bend his knees and if he's getting knocked back into the backfield the back has no space to make his reads and cuts, and if you run Inside Zone you have a C who doesn't have range to move laterally so it's difficult for him to execute reach blocks. Those just happen to be bread and butter run plays in Lashlee's offense.

Could better G play help Gaynor execute DUO? It's possible the G double teams the nose and works up to the LB giving Gaynor time to get across and handle the nose. But his grip strength isn't very good despite all the ragdolling he did on his HS film. And I can't help but think back to a short-yardage run that Chaney had where the G - I think it was Scaife vs UNC - never came off the double team and the LB knifed into the backfield.

There are a lot of issues with the run game and I'd be surprised if it got fully fixed.
Thanks! Always appreciate your knowledge and perspective.

My hope is the two new guards will fix this but gaynor gets his sht pushed in too often
I remember when he was a freshman against FSU he was stone walling ppl and thinking he would be the next Kc Jones

Well, it WAS just F$U...

Advertisement
Back