PractiSe and other crap

Advertisement
Let's please stop with the Narrative the Gaynor is getting pushed back on every snap. It's absurd and it's BS.

Good bullrushing tackles with a decent 1st step have gotten the best of him like they do most Centers.

He ain't getting destroyed every snap by every schmo on every team.

Stop that BS Narrative. Film does not show or prove that crap.

We can definitely do better but he ain't that **** bad. Give it a break.

undrafted free agent

Great post, Cribby. I'm not surprised about anything you wrote.

Offense looks poised to be best since the glory days. I wish they would bully DLs, but other than Donaldson they're just not built that way. I thought Nelson would have matured to be that guy by now, and he may be. But the injury doesn't help. So Lashlee and King are going to put up lots of points, just may not be able to control the pace of the game against better defenses because of the run game.

Defense has two holes in MLB and one of the DE spots. Keontra Smith is our solution at Will, and we have a cast of characters to help out there (hopefully the light goes on for Huff or Cave emerges). But it doesn't matter how good the WLB, Striker, DTs, DBs are if 2 of your 11 guys are G5 level, that's almost impossible to overcome against Top 20 teams. People can argue about Manny's scheme, but he can't hide that no matter how good he is. It's going to be a roller coaster ride.
Manny has been here for 6 years fully in charge of the defensive recruiting. He is fully responsible for 2 of those 11 being group of five level players. And his defensive scheme is fully responsible for any team with a decent offensive coaching staff and run game, running all over us like it’s the running of the bulls in Pamplona. Smh when people wake up to the true problem with this program which is the green horn HC who never played the game and the AD from a junior college hockey school up north, then the problem can be fixed. Till then it’s just more lipstick on a pig. We’re in our road all white storm trooper uniforms below, nice smoke and mirrors scheme manny. 🤮
1629470101552.gif

Last edited:
This 3rd scrimmage might need to be scaled down. No more key injuries as September 4th approaches. Thin at DE and LB as it is.

Advertisement
Manny has been here for 6 years fully in charge of the defensive recruiting. He is fully responsible for 2 of those 11 being group of five level players. And his defensive scheme is fully responsible for any team with a decent offensive coaching staff and run game, running all over us like it’s the running of the bulls in Pamplona. Smh when people wake up to the true problem with this program which is the green horn HC who never played the game and the AD from a junior college hockey school up north, then the problem can be fixed. Till then it’s just more lipstick on a pig. We’re in our road all white storm trooper uniforms below, nice scheme smoke and mirrors scheme manny. 🤮
View attachment 152327
Shut up 🗣

He showed up progressing . I know they’ll be using a lot of mismatches , not base type stuff with players , more unorthodox. Him and James Williams are perfect for that , especially on pass downs. Carter has no business on the field in passing situations unless it’s blitzing.
Im curious what you mean exactly when you say "they'll be using a lot of mismatches, not base type stuff with players, more unorthodox."

Do you mean that Diaz is going to use his freak athletes to attack offenses based on the mismatches they can create instead of just confining said players to the base defense?

If that is the case then sign me up! I love the sound of that.

Advertisement
I don't know if defenses scheme to take advantage of the interior but they don't really have to. Interior pressure was an issue last year with the guards especially losing a lot of 1on1 matchups. I don't see anything changing with the run game because if you run DUO you have a C who can't bend his knees and if he's getting knocked back into the backfield the back has no space to make his reads and cuts, and if you run Inside Zone you have a C who doesn't have range to move laterally so it's difficult for him to execute reach blocks. Those just happen to be bread and butter run plays in Lashlee's offense.

Could better G play help Gaynor execute DUO? It's possible the G double teams the nose and works up to the LB giving Gaynor time to get across and handle the nose. But his grip strength isn't very good despite all the ragdolling he did on his HS film. And I can't help but think back to a short-yardage run that Chaney had where the G - I think it was Scaife vs UNC - never came off the double team and the LB knifed into the backfield.

There are a lot of issues with the run game and I'd be surprised if it got fully fixed.
I hate to get on a player who by all accounts is a hard worker and a great teammate but Gaynor is a liability in the run game plain and simple. Even with all the buzz about being the most experienced OL in college football and having the entire off season to grow and improve I cant help but have this issue in the back of my mind. Having two guards like Rivers and Donaldson is exciting in terms of the potential they bring to dominate in the run game and I think its a real shame that all of that potential could be mitigated to a significant degree because of the physical limitations of the center. To be frank, I have been underwhelmed by the play of our centers for too many years now. Justice needs to address this issue. There must be someone on the roster who is considered to be a good physical center prospect.

There is a misconception by some that the 2001 team had great run blockers on the O-line. Definitely did not. McKinnie for one was not a great run blocker.
But the team passed so well that defenses were forced to keep an extra safety back. And we had some really good backs with vision. So with one less man in the box, all Portis needed (little bit of Gore, Davenport and McGahee), was a crease to hit. Its not like we were running student body right and left.

Same for LSU a few years ago. Joe Burrow and the receivers made the running game, not the other way around. We can have a good running game if we have a great passing game with just adequate run blocking.
True story..

Leonard Connolly would have been a beast on this current squad. Lashlee better step up his game if we want to beat Bama!!

Go Canes!!

I was on the phone reading this and thought i was tripping balls. I kept rereading it to the point the person I was talking to was like “ hello”. And that’s coming from somebody with the writing skills of a monkey.
The last time i tripped on acid, I ended up in jail.

Go Canes!!

Advertisement
Manny has been here for 6 years fully in charge of the defensive recruiting. He is fully responsible for 2 of those 11 being group of five level players. And his defensive scheme is fully responsible for any team with a decent offensive coaching staff and run game, running all over us like it’s the running of the bulls in Pamplona. Smh when people wake up to the true problem with this program which is the green horn HC who never played the game and the AD from a junior college hockey school up north, then the problem can be fixed. Till then it’s just more lipstick on a pig. We’re in our road all white storm trooper uniforms below, nice scheme smoke and mirrors scheme manny. 🤮
View attachment 152327

Remember when you told me Zion wouldn’t amount to anything? Let’s bump those back-and-forth conversations we had.

View attachment 152327
Aren't you part of that anti Canes militia? You know, the one that threatens to fly the banner ,& roll the billboard round the block everytime they get their cyber feelings hurt?
👀

Go Canes!!

It’s frustrating sometimes. There’s a weird balance between trying to go super fast and calling the right play and sometimes I think Lashlee falls into the habit of just calling IZ on first down after a big gain. You want to get your team to the line and run an easy play to catch the defense scrambling but you can’t be so predictable that every first down after a big gain is an automatic IZ call. I’m fascinated by the psychology of running the no-huddle lol
I'm only on page 14 but wanted to comment on this. He got that isht from Malzahn. It's not going to change.

Advertisement
No, I love the Canes, almost more then anything. I’m part of the anti-crap militia. You know, the ones you call bull$hit when we see it right in our faces. And oh boy is manure and flake a big ole bag of crap! I’m just not living in pretend land anymore where I fall into the yearly CIS preseason hype only to be let down by those two Knuckleheads in charge. Their record here doesn’t lie, no matter how much lipstick sunshine pumpers like yourself want to put on it. But I digress my friend, nothing personal, carry on in the matrix! 🤙

Last edited:
No, I love the Canes, almost more then anything. I’m part of the anti-crap militia. You know, the ones you call bull$hit when we see it right in our faces. And oh boy is manure and flake a big ole bag of crap! I’m just not living in pretend land anymore where I fall into the yearly CIS preseason hype only to be let down by those two Knuckleheads in charge. Their record here doesn’t lie, no matter how much lipstick sunshine pumpers like yourself want to put on it. But I digress my friend, nothing personal, carry on in the matrix! 🤙
And in typical CIS fashion the makers of this board have you as a 5 Star Blue Chip. Hahahahaha Wow I knew those things made no sense.

I hate to get on a player who by all accounts is a hard worker and a great teammate but Gaynor is a liability in the run game plain and simple. Even with all the buzz about being the most experienced OL in college football and having the entire off season to grow and improve I cant help but have this issue in the back of my mind. Having two guards like Rivers and Donaldson is exciting in terms of the potential they bring to dominate in the run game and I think its a real shame that all of that potential could be mitigated to a significant degree because of the physical limitations of the center. To be frank, I have been underwhelmed by the play of our centers for too many years now. Justice needs to address this issue. There must be someone on the roster who is considered to be a good physical center prospect.

The knock on both Gaynor and J Williams is they don't have any push on rushing downs. They're not bad in passing downs. But having 2 of 5 guys who are relatively weak in run blocking certainly causes problems. Scaife and probably Reed would be better. But you give up the pass blocking finesse. And you can't signal the defense that it's a rush by bringing them in on run plays only.

The knock on both Gaynor and J Williams is they don't have any push on rushing downs. They're not bad in passing downs. But having 2 of 5 guys who are relatively weak in run blocking certainly causes problems. Scaife and probably Reed would be better. But you give up the pass blocking finesse. And you can't signal the defense that it's a rush by bringing them in on run plays only.
Has there been any updates on Reed all camp? It's almost like he's not on the team (I know he is)

Advertisement
Back