PractiSe and other crap

Kylo Ren GIF by swerk

Advertisement
Inside zone is a staple of pretty much every spread offense. It sets up everything from zone read to RPO. You literally have to call that play, regardless of success for the offense to work. Naturally, you’d like them to run it with better consistency but it’s going to get called a lot.
Yes you are correct about the IZ being the staple. It goes without saying that we want to see it run with better consistency. My frustration stems from the seemingly terrible timing of having a great drive going getting the defense on its heels then hurrying to the line to run IZ and getting blown up for a 5 yard loss thus killing momentum. Its also frustrating to have all of the great talent that we do at RB and literally have zero variation in the running game.

So my specific question to you is this... Knowing Lashlee and his offense would you expect him to expand the running game in his 2nd year? Was the single fixation with 1 run play(IZ) last year because he was keeping it simple because of a lack of time to properly install his entire offense? Or was it that the run game in Lashlee's offense is just extremely limited by design?

Advertisement
Yes you are correct about the IZ being the staple. It goes without saying that we want to see it run with better consistency. My frustration stems from the seemingly terrible timing of having a great drive going getting the defense on its heels then hurrying to the line to run IZ and getting blown up for a 5 yard loss thus killing momentum. Its also frustrating to have all of the great talent that we do at RB and literally have zero variation in the running game.

So my specific question to you is this... Knowing Lashlee and his offense would you expect him to expand the running game in his 2nd year? Was the single fixation with 1 run play(IZ) last year because he was keeping it simple because of a lack of time to properly install his entire offense? Or was it that the run game in Lashlee's offense is just extremely limited by design?
The inside zone I think is the base of our running game. Hopefully we have the beef inside to run it better. I also think with the lack of time to put in the whole offense limited our run game. I still think that'll be the main running play but lashlee with have more variations to build around the inside zone to make it less predictable. With Donaldson and rivers we should be able to be more consistent with our inside zone.

No, I love the Canes, almost more then anything. I’m part of the anti-crap militia. You know, the ones you call bull$hit when we see it right in our faces. And oh boy is manure and flake a big ole bag of crap! I’m just not living in pretend land anymore where I fall into the yearly CIS preseason hype only to be let down by those two Knuckleheads in charge. Their record here doesn’t lie, no matter how much lipstick sunshine pumpers like yourself want to put on it. But I digress my friend, nothing personal, carry on in the matrix! 🤙
Sunshine pumpers. Now that's funny.
Unlike yourself.
Win , lose or draw! I'm a Canes fan. I've been lucky enough to have been a Canes fan since the
early 70's. You think we suck now? Ha!! Some of ya'll got some entitlement issues.

Go Canes!!!!

Advertisement
Watching north Carolina and Virginia tech on ACCN replay .. Virginia tech looks good on both sides didn't they beat north Carolina???

Advertisement
No, I love the Canes, almost more then anything. I’m part of the anti-crap militia. You know, the ones you call bull$hit when we see it right in our faces. And oh boy is manure and flake a big ole bag of crap! I’m just not living in pretend land anymore where I fall into the yearly CIS preseason hype only to be let down by those two Knuckleheads in charge. Their record here doesn’t lie, no matter how much lipstick sunshine pumpers like yourself want to put on it. But I digress my friend, nothing personal, carry on in the matrix! 🤙

Advertisement
Back