PractiSe and other crap

Cribby

All-American
Premium
First off Tyrique was back at practice , I was under the assumption he was one of the guys held out, his wrist is fine.

Restrepo and Rambo did their normal thing, Rambo is clearly the dude. Also we have three Fr wr who’d start or be in the rotation most years. The staff has no fears if they have to be thrown in.

Don might be closer to be pre injury than anyone thought , dude looked super explosive and had a long touchdown on a wheel route. He is as clearly the best rb yesterday but Cam has been great all fall.

Qb battle is dead even, Tvd is more consistent but Jake brings more explosive plays. As I’ve said this battle will go on for a year.

Ive mentioned Elijah will get burn at De and that hasn’t changed , LT was talked about getting time there In the off season , that’s until he showed up. He is all we expected and a lot more. This is 100% a future first round pick, I can’t stress how athletic and fast he is for that size , his first step is crazy. I’d be shocked if he’s not in two deep and playing crazy snaps. Man child.

Cave was banged up but was coming on very strong , he’s one of the guys I talked about being breakouts this year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get burn at mike. I told y’all over the summer Keontra was the deal and boy is he. He looks nothing like a guy who has recently changed positions.

Lastly the ol has improved pass blocking and I expect king to have plenty of time to throw but the run blocking still isn’t where it should be. It’s definitely better but the consistent push is lacking. As a whole the unit will be better.

I’ll be posting a thread later talking defense, possible tweaks and expectations.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
If you had to take one, TVD or Garcia?
Tbh it’s so close I don’t know. Tvd does everything right , checks down if it’s not there, makes all the throws more methodical. Jake is a straight up gunslinger , big plays will happen but those same gunslingers will tend to force stuff , hold on to the ball too long or make a crucial mistake. Especially as a first year guy.

If our d is legit I’d go Tvd, if it struggles or is suspect I’d go Jake. Jake has the it factor , that’s for sure.

Advertisement
Advertisement
There’s no reason this team can’t win 10 games and be in the acccg. If that doesn’t happen its a red flag.

This is the main takeaway and should be common knowledge at this point. We are not in Bama’s tier. That’s fine. Only like 2-3 programs are. So, we’ll play the game, but they win 8-9 times out of 10. Again, no shame in that. If we keep it competitive it bodes very well for the rest of the season.

But what everyone must keep in the front of their minds is that the next 11 games matter MUCH more than the first one. Miami simply doesn’t have the horses Bama does. Again, crazy **** happens. We CAN win. But no staff is lining up with Miami’s players and beating Bama more than 1 out of 10 times. But ANY staff worth a pound of **** wins at least 10 of the next 11. We’re not in Bama’s tier, but we sure as **** are in the same tier or better than the next 11 teams we play. Lose more than 1, and it’s a gigantic indictment on Manny and the staff he has assembled, imo. A good staff takes this roster with this schedule to Charlotte with their eyes closed.

Cribby, we did not want to hear this about run blocking. Damnit!

NOT GOOD
I didn’t say it was bad , just not where you’d want it. None of these guys are really road graders, I’d much rather have a strong pass blocking with above average run blocking any day of the week. Imo the passing game will be very explosive , which opens up the running game. We have speed all over the offense so if the ol proves it’s as good pass blocking as we expect we’ll have 6-7 man boxes most times. Which helps the run game.

Advertisement
Back