PractiSe and other crap

Advertisement
Not too concerned about the run blocking as of yet. Reality is, we arent beating Bama running the ball anyway. We need to put the ball in the air. That is common theme for anytime a team has beaten them in the last decade. They air it out. WRs have to get open and King has to be the best player on the field like we all know he is.

This is the main takeaway and should be common knowledge at this point. We are not in Bama’s tier. That’s fine. Only like 2-3 programs are. So, we’ll play the game, but they win 8-9 times out of 10. Again, no shame in that. If we keep it competitive it bodes very well for the rest of the season.

But what everyone must keep in the front of their minds is that the next 11 games matter MUCH more than the first one. Miami simply doesn’t have the horses Bama does. Again, crazy **** happens. We CAN win. But no staff is lining up with Miami’s players and beating Bama more than 1 out of 10 times. But ANY staff worth a pound of **** wins at least 10 of the next 11. We’re not in Bama’s tier, but we sure as **** are in the same tier or better than the next 11 teams we play. Lose more than 1, and it’s a gigantic indictment on Manny and the staff he has assembled, imo. A good staff takes this roster with this schedule to Charlotte with their eyes closed.

The one caveat I would make is that one bad match up can dramatically shift the outcome of a football game.

You see it all the time in football when the transitive property gets debunked. Team A smokes Team B but struggles with Team C who got worked by team B.

If we have a severe weakness that gets exposed by Bama we could find ourselves struggling against other teams on the sched who have the blueprint to **** us up even though they have a large talent disadvantage overall.

I think the UNC game is a good example. We had trouble with those outside zone concepts all season and UNC had the perfect recipe to exploit it. We dominated FSU but they dominated us after laying an egg against the Noles. Mostly due to that one aspect of the game.

There is a misconception by some that the 2001 team had great run blockers on the O-line. Definitely did not. McKinnie for one was not a great run blocker.
But the team passed so well that defenses were forced to keep an extra safety back. And we had some really good backs with vision. So with one less man in the box, all Portis needed (little bit of Gore, Davenport and McGahee), was a crease to hit. Its not like we were running student body right and left.

Same for LSU a few years ago. Joe Burrow and the receivers made the running game, not the other way around. We can have a good running game if we have a great passing game with just adequate run blocking.

One thing that Bama has struggled with in the past is a mobile QB.

Glad to see King running around and shed a couple pounds. As much as I love power run plays, get creative with runs vs Bama. They typically don’t do nothing crazy on defense. They just master what they run.

Advertisement
The one caveat I would make is that one bad match up can dramatically shift the outcome of a football game.

You see it all the time in football when the transitive property gets debunked. Team A smokes Team B but struggles with Team C who got worked by team B.

If we have a severe weakness that gets exposed by Bama we could find ourselves struggling against other teams on the sched who have the blueprint to **** us up even though they have a large talent disadvantage overall.

I think the UNC game is a good example. We had trouble with those outside zone concepts all season and UNC had the perfect recipe to exploit it. We dominated FSU but they dominated us after laying an egg against the Noles. Mostly due to that one aspect of the game.

That’s where coaching comes in and I’m even giving the staff a pass on a game. It’s very, very hard to win 11 games in a row. We’re going to lay an egg once or twice, literally every team does. And maybe the ball bounces our way in those games and we win, maybe it doesn’t. So I’m not being unrealistic and saying dumb **** like if we don’t keep it close against Bama and go 11-1 Manny should be fired. That’s nonsense. I can handle losing to Bama and 1 more slip up. But there’s no reason to lose more than 2 games with everything considered.

Advertisement
Speaking of Jeremiah Payton, you will never be far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.
Bruh, I have read this sentence four times and each time I do it sounds more and more ridiculous. WTF are you trying to say lol Its like Charlie from Its always Sunny wrote this for you...

its always sunny in philadelphia charlie GIF

Its just an unknown but really limited to our DE. That will happen when you lose 3 DE in one NFL Draft and 2 first rounders. of course there will be a drop off. But our DT's exactly the same, LB's exactly the same (unsure if that is a good thing, it wont get worse than McCloud and Jennings last year but might not be much better) and CB and S are exactly the same EXCEPT we added a freak in Tyrique.

I agree we got gashed at times last year and may very well happen again this year but aside from DE, what has changed?
I respectfully disagree. DE is where we are hurting and need someone to step up as you indicated (which seems to have gone unanswered).

TS with the corners, finally a lockdown. How about a well respected coach giving them proper training and technique? Shouldn’t that account for something? You also get another year of safeties getting stronger and faster (and better coaching), a transition to a supposedly solid WLB and a beast in a D Tackle as a true freshman (along with some motivation to sh*t or get off the pot for Ford and Nesta). Also depth with JHH (who took a leap forward last year) and a slimmer Miller. MLB is unanswered at the moment. So do the improvements offset the loss on the end position should be the real question.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back