PractiSe and other crap

If the OL is 0% better other than learning how to pick up a stunt we will be 20+ points better this year with king slinging it around
We have to be able to impose our will on teams in the run game or we will be a 8-9 win team again

Advertisement
I didn’t say it was bad , just not where you’d want it. None of these guys are really road graders, I’d much rather have a strong pass blocking with above average run blocking any day of the week. Imo the passing game will be very explosive , which opens up the running game. We have speed all over the offense so if the ol proves it’s as good pass blocking as we expect we’ll have 6-7 man boxes most times. Which helps the run game.
No argument here, just want to get over the hump of not being able to convert 3rd/4th and 1’s

We have to be able to impose our will on teams in the run game or we will be a 8-9 win team again
Disagree, this is 2021. “Imposing your will” isn’t cfb or the nfl for that matter anymore. Lsu wasn’t imposing their will when they won the natty , they could pass block, had a qb wr’s and a great passing game/ scheme. Clemson wasn’t imposing their will either , they didn’t have road graders or future first rounders on the ol. They schemed their running game , plenty of movement and smoke in mirrors. If you have good pass blocking , a qb and a good scheme you can make the run game work.

There has to be a threat downfield , if we have the numbers advantage I think the run blocking will be good enough. If somebody loads the box or has 7-8 in the box we will have trouble. I expect the run game to be significantly better just off being older, stronger , a year in the system and a explosive pass game. Are they going to road block for 250 yards a game? No. We will be a pass first team. Now if the pass blocking isn’t as good as expected we’re fooked.

Advertisement
First off Tyrique was back at practice , I was under the assumption he was one of the guys held out, his wrist is fine.

Restrepo and Rambo did their normal thing, Rambo is clearly the dude. Also we have three Fr wr who’d start or be in the rotation most years. The staff has no fears if they have to be thrown in.

Don might be closer to be pre injury than anyone thought , dude looked super explosive and had a long touchdown on a wheel route. He is as clearly the best the yesterday but Cam has been great all fall.

Qb battle is dead even, Tvd is more consistent but Jake brings more explosive plays. As I’ve said this battle will go on for a year.

Ive mentioned Elijah will get burn at De and that hasn’t changed , LT was talked about getting time there I’m off season , that’s until he showed up. He is all we expected and a lot more. This is 100% a future first round pick, I can’t stress how athletic and fast he is for that size , his first step is crazy. I’d be shocked if he’s not in two deep and playing crazy snaps. Man child.

Cave was banged up but was coming on very strong , he’s one of the guys I talked about being breakouts this year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get burn at mike. I told y’all over the summer Keontra was the deal and boy is he. He looks nothing like a guy who has recently changed positions.

Lastly the ol has improved pass blocking and I expect king to have plenty of time to throw but the run blocking still isn’t where it should be. It’s definitely better but the consistent push is lacking. As a whole the unit will be better.

I’ll be posting a thread later talking defense, possible tweaks and expectations.
Am I the only one who is more worried about our Defense than our Offense? I know someone who has been to practice that shared some concerning issues.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Am I the only one who is more worried about our Defense than our Offense? I know someone who has been to practice that shared some concerning issues.
Its just an unknown but really limited to our DE. That will happen when you lose 3 DE in one NFL Draft and 2 first rounders. of course there will be a drop off. But our DT's exactly the same, LB's exactly the same (unsure if that is a good thing, it wont get worse than McCloud and Jennings last year but might not be much better) and CB and S are exactly the same EXCEPT we added a freak in Tyrique.

I agree we got gashed at times last year and may very well happen again this year but aside from DE, what has changed?

Advertisement
@Cribby does the freshman take time away from Pope and Wiggins?? Who will be the two deep at the wr position in your opinion?? I guess the top 6 guys. I know Rambo Harley and Keyshawn
Imo Jacolby , Melo and Smith should get some of their burn, at least eventually. Pope had multiple drops yesterday including an easy td.

Advertisement
Back