PractiSe and other crap

My hope is the two new guards will fix this but gaynor gets his sht pushed in too often
I remember when he was a freshman against FSU he was stone walling ppl and thinking he would be the next Kc Jones

Advertisement
Yeah - if I remember correctly he didn't seem to drop many balls in practice before (or maybe that was the assumption b/c there weren't reports either way and people assumed he must be catching the ball in practice if he kept getting into games), so definitely not a good sign for him if he is dropping them in practice as well.
Pope is a corner and he should’ve been moved to that side of the ball 2 years ago. I think he’d be an excellent corner back

Speaking of Jeremiah Payton, you will never be far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like.
So, where exactly is the gang bang or did you say we are going 15-0?

I expected that type of news on the OL. We got 2 legit OTs but blocking isn’t going to get better until Corey Leaves. He’s just not on the same level. Lol I’m such a great friend aren’t I? Lol

Advertisement
First off Tyrique was back at practice , I was under the assumption he was one of the guys held out, his wrist is fine.

Restrepo and Rambo did their normal thing, Rambo is clearly the dude. Also we have three Fr wr who’d start or be in the rotation most years. The staff has no fears if they have to be thrown in.

Don might be closer to be pre injury than anyone thought , dude looked super explosive and had a long touchdown on a wheel route. He is as clearly the best rb yesterday but Cam has been great all fall.

Qb battle is dead even, Tvd is more consistent but Jake brings more explosive plays. As I’ve said this battle will go on for a year.

Ive mentioned Elijah will get burn at De and that hasn’t changed , LT was talked about getting time there In the off season , that’s until he showed up. He is all we expected and a lot more. This is 100% a future first round pick, I can’t stress how athletic and fast he is for that size , his first step is crazy. I’d be shocked if he’s not in two deep and playing crazy snaps. Man child.

Cave was banged up but was coming on very strong , he’s one of the guys I talked about being breakouts this year. I wouldn’t be shocked to see him get burn at mike. I told y’all over the summer Keontra was the deal and boy is he. He looks nothing like a guy who has recently changed positions.

Lastly the ol has improved pass blocking and I expect king to have plenty of time to throw but the run blocking still isn’t where it should be. It’s definitely better but the consistent push is lacking. As a whole the unit will be better.

I’ll be posting a thread later talking defense, possible tweaks and expectations.
Thanks, Cribby. Agreed, Elijah will be a beast. Keontra just doesn't give a fvck and will ball out. The only thing I am worried about, as you mentioned, is the running game. Our O-line needs to excel for us to be really, really good. If we can't run it dominantly, We will beat the appetizers, but we will struggle against the Filet Mignons.
Thanks for your insight, my Canes Brother! :11263272045-489f4f7972-o:

Good stuff

Last week I went back and watched Keontra Smith's senior hudl, and while hindsight is 20-20 I don't know how we ever tried to make him into anything other than a linebacker

Keontra Smith Senior Film
Dead on, colperm. I hadn't watched much film on him either, but ****. I could pick him out on every play and his instincts are unreal. I agree, he is a natural LB'er and as I said in many posts, he just don't give a fvck, 100mph all the time and to the ball. Love Keontra!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
In the 11-11 portion of practice I witnessed Roberts was playing DT. We should be fine at DE if everyone remains healthy but seeing Neely and Fishman running with the 2s should sound an alarm. We are loaded at DT so I'm not sure what the hold up is with regard to Roberts making a permanent move to DE (at least for this season). If not Roberts then Brooks, or both. We suffered heavy losses at DE this offseason and the two freshman DEs we recruited don't appear ready so something's got to give.
I found rok on his perch lol
868BE2CA-2F99-4C04-B261-3C32B5E943EA.jpeg

88C4D316-E263-4B76-BD60-04C78B0F0160.jpeg

Advertisement
It’s a positive. Rambo is the go to guy , then Harley X and Smith. Mix in Mallory, that’s a lot of guys.

I think those 4 WRs have been balling since the sprint so no surprise. For me, the big question is who are #5 and 6? Is Redding in the mix?

It will be bring me no small amount of pleasure to blast you into atoms, seeing how, puny as you may be, you have caused considerable inconvenience to my plan of recording every practice. Mods, still this impudent rebel's tongue with a blast of your atomic stun rod!

Advertisement
Back