Pete tweet: Butch X Dorsey

Serious question - Are we really (finally) coming out of the darkness?
I just don't think I can handle all this happiness if this duo ends up happening.
Will they really let the band get back together?!
:sanford2:
Butch, Dorsey, Mario, Shannon....
That would be just about as crazy a scenario as I could see

Advertisement
Butch has spent the past 4 years preparing for this opportunity.

He is much wiser and probably a better coach than he was when he left after the 2000 season.

He knows Dorsey better than anyone and if he thinks Dorsey is ready for the OC role, then that's fine with me.

Dorsey is young, innovative but will keep us grounded in a pro style offense that prepares QB's for the NFL.

I'm as big of a Dorsey fan as there is, but what's the evidence for his innovative nature? Not being an *** - just would like to know. I'm not a Panthers fan and do not follow them closely. In my view, there is some risk with Dorsey. There's risk with any first time playcaller. Playcalling is as much timing and feel as it is preparation.

Instead of innovative i think the right word here should be cerebral. Dorsey had the poise and smarts to figure things out. If you can pair him with a decent QB (much less a very good QB like Jack Allison) I think great things can happen.
Jedd Fisch was a great QB coach but that didn't make him a great play caller. I think his play calls left a lot to be desired. I don't follow the panthers but I don't think being a good QB coach necessarily translates to being a good offensive coordinator.

If Butch is hired I would hope this would work out but the risk is much higher than going with an established OC

I don't want them to get rid of coley he's done right by us he's willing to adapt and learn just look at the last game had rosier under center used the fb more I think losing coley will be big

No.

If it wasn't for coley we wouldn't have our qbs give the man a chance he isn't as bad as we think he's a **** of a recruiter and he's getting better at calling plays I think golden had a lot of influence on the whole team offensively and defensively

I agree, would love to keep coley on in some capacity, but I don't know how that would work with Butch and Dorsey. It will have to be Butch's team
💯.
Whatever Butch says will be the final word and us fans need to get behind it

He left FSU because he wanted to call plays.

He's not going to be willing to stay at the U if another OC is brought in (even if we wanted to keep him).

Get this man...NOW!!!

image.jpg

Advertisement
I'd prefer a proven OC but if we get Butch and thats what he wants I'm not gonna make a stink

Advertisement
Fisch did a good job for us while learning on the job. Good enough to get a shot with the pros. He should have known better than take that Jags job though.

Here's what I'll say about Dorsey. Can has improved a ton so he is good with QB's. But back when he was our QB the thing that made him stand out was his leadership. He took the game seriously and many time was found coaching up the bench. We need that leadership.

The way I see it, if butch gets the job he's bringing in chud as the OC, Dorsey as the QB coach, schiano/Cristobal as defensive guys. When butch leaves chud takes reign, after chud take the HC job Dorsey steps in as the OC
Chud oc and Dorsey qb coach. My god we will beat nd next yr

KD and Ed Reed were talking , hire Ed Reed as a Defensive back coach

So people keep saying hire Reed for DBs, yet Dorsey should be OC? No thanks. Make him some kind of assistant OC and QB coach but 13 yrs of crap is too much to gamble on an experienced OC. Hire someone to mentor him.

Advertisement

So people keep saying hire Reed for DBs, yet Dorsey should be OC? No thanks. Make him some kind of assistant OC and QB coach but 13 yrs of crap is too much to gamble on an experienced OC. Hire someone to mentor him.

Our best OC since Randy took over was an NFL QB coach. If Butch wants to bring Dorsey don't you think he's picked he's brain and knows he's bright?

You think it's fair to compare Reed's progression as a coach to Dorsey's?

This Butch/Dorsey combo seemingly would leave a lot of money (if we're serious about actually spending) to also pay a real DC and/or add a seasoned offensive mind to the staff to at minimum collaborate with Kenny.

Advertisement
I'd be nervous with Dorsey calling plays here. I have such great memories from his time here. I don't want to get angry with him if he sucks

The way I see it, if butch gets the job he's bringing in chud as the OC, Dorsey as the QB coach, schiano/Cristobal as defensive guys. When butch leaves chud takes reign, after chud take the HC job Dorsey steps in as the OC
Chud oc and Dorsey qb coach. My god we will beat nd next yr

Kys if u think Dorsey is going to go from a nfl qb coach of an undefeated team to a qb coach of the Canes. Idc if he's an alum under Butch or not. Chud aint coming...

Advertisement
Back