Pete tweet: Butch X Dorsey

Its all falling into place boys. Butch is gaining steam & Miami's level of being hated is at the highest its been in years due to this whole Dook nonsense. When we do return to glory I want to punish teams. I want to go to Lsu & embarrass the entire SEC with the Miami Hurricane *** stomping we put on them ****ers. LETS ******* GO!!!

Advertisement
Butch has spent the past 4 years preparing for this opportunity.

He is much wiser and probably a better coach than he was when he left after the 2000 season.

He knows Dorsey better than anyone and if he thinks Dorsey is ready for the OC role, then that's fine with me.

Dorsey is young, innovative but will keep us grounded in a pro style offense that prepares QB's for the NFL.

But Pete said about a Week ago (in my Bobby Smurda's voice) that Butch was a long shot and is not likely to be here.

Pete's eyebrow is rooted so deeply into his mug that he can't think clearly and posts misinformed crap.

Pete's opinions are strictly his own but his sources are as good as it gets. And they are diverse.

I was just having some fun. I trust you and Pete more than any other sources around here.

Advertisement
proxy.php

He is much wiser and probably a better coach than he was when he left after the 2000 season.

He knows Dorsey better than anyone and if he thinks Dorsey is ready for the OC role, then that's fine with me.

Dorsey is young, innovative but will keep us grounded in a pro style offense that prepares QB's for the NFL.

I'm as big of a Dorsey fan as there is, but what's the evidence for his innovative nature? Not being an *** - just would like to know. I'm not a Panthers fan and do not follow them closely. In my view, there is some risk with Dorsey. There's risk with any first time playcaller. Playcalling is as much timing and feel as it is preparation.

Advertisement

I'm as big of a Dorsey fan as there is, but what's the evidence for his innovative nature? Not being an *** - just would like to know. I'm not a Panthers fan and do not follow them closely. In my view, there is some risk with Dorsey. There's risk with any first time playcaller. Playcalling is as much timing and feel as it is preparation.

Im a panthers fan. I dont know that id call him innovative. But hes highly thought of. He has made cam better and had a chance to work under shula.

Instead of innovative i think the right word here should be cerebral. Dorsey had the poise and smarts to figure things out. If you can pair him with a decent QB (much less a very good QB like Jack Allison) I think great things can happen.

Advertisement
But Pete said about a Week ago (in my Bobby Smurda's voice) that Butch was a long shot and is not likely to be here.

Pete was repeating what an influential BoT member told him. I also thought Butch was a longshot. But it appears the ice is thawing slowly.

For what it's worth, TOS was suggesting the same thing.....warming up to Butch.

Jeff Fisch was an NFL QB coach before becoming the OC here and he did a good job. Inexperience doesn't always mean bad. He's done a good job with Cam.

Advertisement

Instead of innovative i think the right word here should be cerebral. Dorsey had the poise and smarts to figure things out. If you can pair him with a decent QB (much less a very good QB like Jack Allison) I think great things can happen.

This offense doesn't need to be innovative in the sense of being some TCU-style quick strike offense. Dorsey is working in an offense featuring one of the more dynamic QB talents in the NFL and getting results to the tune of an undefeated record this year.

People have said he's been away from the game for 5 years.....the best example I can give to rebute that argument is that of one Jon Gruden. Why are people so in love w/ him? Why are both collegiate and pro-teams still putting out feelers to gage his interest? B/c the man is still around football. He's breaking down film all day, everyday, to be a competent color commentator for ESPN's MNF and ESPN's Sunday Quarterback.

Butch is around game film all the time. His knowledge of the game is astounding. No, he hasn't coached in 5 years; all he's done is break down game film team, after team, after team for the last 5 years.

Butch is legit...and the U part 2 highlighted how great he was for us. I think he can re-invent himself and I think he's extremely hungry to shut up the nay-sayers. He'll stay here 5 years, and the ship will be put on auto pilot for the next coach just like Schnelly did for us.

No more Shalala...also, and I don't think this is mentioned enough, but Frenk came from both Michigan and Harvard....people don't know how competitive Harvard is in intercolligiate sports. They want to be the best in everything. I believe Frenk will bring a little of that to the U....just an opinion.

Advertisement
Back