Pete tweet: Butch X Dorsey

Dorsey does not call the plays. Coley did call plays at FSU and look how much we struggle.

As someone else said, it's about the feel for the game and experience. Rolling the dice with Dorsey and something I'd rather not do. I want proven OC's and DC's...

crossover22[]_[];2354581 said:
Butch has spent the past 4 years preparing for this opportunity.

He is much wiser and probably a better coach than he was when he left after the 2000 season.

He knows Dorsey better than anyone and if he thinks Dorsey is ready for the OC role, then that's fine with me.

Dorsey is young, innovative but will keep us grounded in a pro style offense that prepares QB's for the NFL.

I'm as big of a Dorsey fan as there is, but what's the evidence for his innovative nature? Not being an *** - just would like to know. I'm not a Panthers fan and do not follow them closely. In my view, there is some risk with Dorsey. There's risk with any first time playcaller. Playcalling is as much timing and feel as it is preparation.

Im a panthers fan. I dont know that id call him innovative. But hes highly thought of. He has made cam better and had a chance to work under shula.

Advertisement
I heard of a Mike Shula / Dorsey combo before Golden was fired. May not mean anything but if his current mentor, who knows him very well, was considering him as an OC,
I'd say that's a good sign. Apparently, Dorsey has been " in play" for a bit

Serious question - Are we really (finally) coming out of the darkness?
I just don't think I can handle all this happiness if this duo ends up happening.
Will they really let the band get back together?!
:sanford2:

LOL!! Crazy, i was thinking the same!!!

Dorsey does not call the plays. Coley did call plays at FSU and look how much we struggle.

As someone else said, it's about the feel for the game and experience. Rolling the dice with Dorsey and something I'd rather not do. I want proven OC's and DC's...

He is much wiser and probably a better coach than he was when he left after the 2000 season.

He knows Dorsey better than anyone and if he thinks Dorsey is ready for the OC role, then that's fine with me.

Dorsey is young, innovative but will keep us grounded in a pro style offense that prepares QB's for the NFL.

I'm as big of a Dorsey fan as there is, but what's the evidence for his innovative nature? Not being an *** - just would like to know. I'm not a Panthers fan and do not follow them closely. In my view, there is some risk with Dorsey. There's risk with any first time playcaller. Playcalling is as much timing and feel as it is preparation.

Im a panthers fan. I dont know that id call him innovative. But hes highly thought of. He has made cam better and had a chance to work under shula.

Coley did not call plays at FSU.

I think some are being unrealistic with what they want at HC/OC/DC. Everyone 'proven?' No risk? What exactly do some of you guys want as a coaching staff?

Advertisement

Coley never called plays at fsu which is why he left.

I could see Eddie Gran as OC with Dorsey as QB coach.

Gran would be a huge get.

Unreal recruiter and Cincy offense is humming with a backup QB and very little talent.

Shannon is dead to me. I'd rather have Jim Leavitt as my DC. His intense and a badass. The D would play with an attitude, something we haven't seen since 2000-2003!

Can we stop w the CRISTOBAL and Coley blather? They suck and can go off and suck together.

Butch HC
Dorsey OC
Shannon DC

There is nothing wrong with Cristobal coming here for recruiting purposes only.

Advertisement
Both....next step up the food chain from QB coach is OC.

Ken has earned his chops as a player and QB coach in the NFL for 8 years.

Ken would be more qualified for the job then when Lane Kiffin went from the WR coach to the OC at USC in 2005 at age 30. He never called plays before that.

Posted it in another thread, but Butch is telling people he would bring Dorsey with him.

Does Dorsey get consideration cause of his resume or cause he played here?

Advertisement
I didn't know dorsey was already a NFL QB coach. He would make a great OC here i'm sure.

Unreal recruiter and Cincy offense is humming with a backup QB and very little talent.

Why would Dorsey leave the nfl as a qb coach to move to a college qb coach, it would be a step down. Only way he's coming back is if he's the offensive coordinator.

He was a scout for Carolina from 2011-2012 and was promoted to QB coach in 2013.

Cam Newton loves Dorsey as a coach.

I didn't know dorsey was already a NFL QB coach. He would make a great OC here i'm sure.

Advertisement
Yes.

Gran would be a 2-3 years hire and groom KD.

Gran will be a HC soon.

Why would Dorsey leave the nfl as a qb coach to move to a college qb coach, it would be a step down. Only way he's coming back is if he's the offensive coordinator.

Cam:Wait, this is the offensive playbook Coley uses at the "U"?
Ken: I know, it's dumb as ****, right?

458178487.jpg

Cam: Ken, I love you man, but get your *** back to Coral Gables and help Butch save that **** NOW!

images.jpeg

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back