Pete tweet: Butch X Dorsey

Advertisement
Is it normal for NFL OC's to get promoted from position coach without having any playcalling experience?

Yes.

23 of the current 32 offensive coordinators in the NFL were promoted from position coach to their first OC position in the league. NFL position coach was the highest they had reached in coaching. They had never been coordinators in college. So if Butch somehow did get Dorsey, I'm pretty sure that's a steal because it appears he's on track to become an NFL OC at some point in the future.

I don't understand why anyone would have a problem with this. If you want to promote anyone to coordinater it's a QB coach. It makes sense and I'm all in.

Did anyone watch the game last night? During a timeout on 3rd down Dorsey was there with the playsheet setting up what turned into a first down conversion. **** they even had an audible they used called "Dorsey" and Gruden called attention to it. I'm all for Dorsey. I mean let me get this straight. It was okay for Chud to go from TE coach in college to OC but slam on the brakes when Dorsey is being considered going from an NFL QB coach to an OC. Seriously!?

Aunt Dorsey.

I cracked up when I heard that.

Lol yeah I left the Aunt part out because I figured someone would happily use it as a negative.

Has Dorsey ever recruited? I don't know that he really has, but I could be wrong. That's really what Coley does well, rather than the X's and O's.

I'd much rather have a guy who designs plays that keep us ahead in efficiency than a great recruiter, but it's a risk for sure.

For me, I'd want a guy who's going to bring the spread offense that relies on running the ball in space and lots of vertical shots than a pro-style offense strictly, but that also doesn't mean that's necessarily what Dorsey would do.

Advertisement
Butch has spent the past 4 years preparing for this opportunity.

He is much wiser and probably a better coach than he was when he left after the 2000 season.

He knows Dorsey better than anyone and if he thinks Dorsey is ready for the OC role, then that's fine with me.

Dorsey is young, innovative but will keep us grounded in a pro style offense that prepares QB's for the NFL.

can you imagine kayaa back there firing on all cylinders with that kinda talent around him

it's too good to be true..

Advertisement
Butch is notoriously--well, let's just say "questionable," as game day coach. If his plan is to bring in an inexperienced OC, then we should be less than thrilled. Why not make Ed Reed DC, while you're at it? SMH. Nothing against Dorsey, but Carolina is winning with defense.

Everyone says Dorsey being a new OC is scary however, when he was our QB, he audibled a lot and called a lot of his own plays didn't he? He's done an amazing job with Cam and from all accounts and everyone he works with he get's rave reviews. In Butch I trust.

P.S. Anyone could be better than Coley or Nix calling play!

Butch is notoriously--well, let's just say "questionable," as game day coach. If his plan is to bring in an inexperienced OC, then we should be less than thrilled. Why not make Ed Reed DC, while you're at it? SMH. Nothing against Dorsey, but Carolina is winning with defense.

I would let Ed Reed coach my DBs every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

Thank you. My God, if Ed Reed is coaching our DB's, there isn't a 5 star in the country who shouldn't be beating down our door to play in the Gables to get that kind of "play on Sunday" training.

Now all we need is a stud DC, although I'd love to see Ray as linebackers coach.

Advertisement

Thank you. My God, if Ed Reed is coaching our DB's, there isn't a 5 star in the country who shouldn't be beating down our door to play in the Gables to get that kind of "play on Sunday" training.

Now all we need is a stud DC, although I'd love to see Ray as linebackers coach.

Sure, and Dorsey can coach QBs, but it would be a serious gamble to put them in coordinator positions.

Sure, and Dorsey can coach QBs, but it would be a serious gamble to put them in coordinator positions.

The difference is that Dorsey has done his time. The next logical step for him is as an OC. Reed hasn't coached, as far as I'm aware, so being a position coach would be sensible. Lewis..... isn't going in to coaching.

The difference is that Dorsey has done his time. The next logical step for him is as an OC. Reed hasn't coached, as far as I'm aware, so being a position coach would be sensible. Lewis..... isn't going in to coaching.

The scary thing is finding out after five games that the jump from QB coach to OC isn't as natural as it may seem. It's one thing to coach up the QBs at practice and games. It is quite a different skill to be able to take in all the information from the previous play and get the right play and personnel communicated efficiently within about 15 seconds. 70 times. It's why Coley is so bad. He is great when he has a week to plan the first drive. When he is put on the spot, we suck.

Advertisement
crossover22[]_[];2354526 said:
Id **** myself.

i think its going to happen unelss these Bots really want to see the fans get pist off. We alreay seen how that worked out for them ****ing the fans off .. Flying planes would be the least of there worries the lack of money would really change the game

Who knows if this will work, but can you imagine how f'in exciting it would be to have this officially announced. It would definitely energize the fan base.

Advertisement
Back