Patke is 10th Coach

The simple fact is, it’s Rick’s ship to run and unlike at Georgia, nobody’s telling him who he can or can’t hire. It’s all 100% on him, as it’s his program and he’s the man at the top.

This is going EXACTLY they way it should.

Rick is building the program HIS WAY, without interference from the AD or the BOT (unlike at UGA). And certainly not from message board heroes trying to micromanage his hiring practices.

Since he doesn’t give a shlt what the BOT or Blake thinks, he sure as fūck isn’t going to care what some flunkie anonymous message board “experts” think.

I’m good with all of it. In the end he’s accountable, as he should be. That’s what any good leader wants. It’s all on him. He’ll either succeed or he won’t, but it’s all on him, the way it supposed to be.

The only thing I’m not good with in any of it is that our spend budgets are significantly lower than most any top 10 team because our revenue is significantly lower, as is our contribution and donation base. We need bigger bettter richer boosters. Any volunteers in the audience?

Solid post but I would like to point out one thing. You say he will be ‘accountable’ as the lead man with all the decision making. My fear is there really isn’t any accountability at UM. Look how long it took to fire golden. If he continues 9-10 win seasons with the eventual 11 win or ACC championship win, he will stay until retirement. UM will not fire him... ever. That is worrisome to me. That off-limits mentality breeds complacency and complacency kills.

It depends what your threshold is. If it reaches that point, let’s say it’s year 5 or so, and we’re stuck at 9 or 10 wins, not peeping the playoffs, then at that point it’s up to you if you want to continue to support the program or not. Assuming you are a supporter of the program (season ticket holder) then you don’t renew. You stop any other contributions.

Then your voice will be heard.

Money talks, bullshlt walks, my friend.

We’ve got circus clowns on here thinking that people that count at UM actually care enough what they think to change how they’re going to conduct their business, Rick is enough of a boss to not care. He’s going to do what he’s going to do without caring what Blake thinks, much less you or me.

I mean we have fools tweeting shlt at UM like that changes a thing other than irritating somebody. Nobody cares. Bosses swing their dlcks and run their business, they don’t care what some blowhard on the internet tweets or posts.

They pay attention when the money and attendance starts to trend down, especially Rick whose been through much worse than Internet babies throwing tantrums.

Advertisement
I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

You get him tough guy

I always do what freshmen posters tell me to do, so I will call him later today. Is that good enough?

This is a hire to protect Manny from anyone who might be bold enough to actually explain to him how to stop a passing offense on 3rd down.

I mean if we are expecting someone to make our LBs better and the 3rd down D respectable, this guy was already on staff and incapable of helping.

Absolutely horrendous joke of a hire.

I'm beginning to understand why Georgia kept Richt on a tight leash.

Dude just wants to hire his buddies and his son, and coast off in to the sunset. UGA forced assistants on him. Blake ain't gonna do that. We're fuucked.

I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Jimmy and Butch both did as did Paul Dee, but you are right, I have no connection to CMR other than the money I give (soon to be past tense) to the school.

Advertisement
The simple fact is, it’s Rick’s ship to run and unlike at Georgia, nobody’s telling him who he can or can’t hire. It’s all 100% on him, as it’s his program and he’s the man at the top.

Rick is building the program HIS WAY, without interference from the AD or the BOT (unlike at UGA). And certainly not from message board heroes trying to micromanage his hiring practices.

Since he doesn’t give a shlt what the BOT or Blake thinks, he sure as fūck isn’t going to care what some flunkie anonymous message board “experts” think.

I’m good with all of it. In the end he’s accountable, as he should be. That’s what any good leader wants. It’s all on him. He’ll either succeed or he won’t, but it’s all on him, the way it supposed to be.

The only thing I’m not good with in any of it is that our spend budgets are significantly lower than most any top 10 team because our revenue is significantly lower, as is our contribution and donation base. We need bigger bettter richer boosters. Any volunteers in the audience?

Solid post but I would like to point out one thing. You say he will be ‘accountable’ as the lead man with all the decision making. My fear is there really isn’t any accountability at UM. Look how long it took to fire golden. If he continues 9-10 win seasons with the eventual 11 win or ACC championship win, he will stay until retirement. UM will not fire him... ever. That is worrisome to me. That off-limits mentality breeds complacency and complacency kills.

It depends what your threshold is. If it reaches that point, let’s say it’s year 5 or so, and we’re stuck at 9 or 10 wins, not peeping the playoffs, then at that point it’s up to you if you want to continue to support the program or not. Assuming you are a supporter of the program (season ticket holder) then you don’t renew. You stop any other contributions.

We’ve got circus clowns on here thinking that people that count at UM actually care enough what they think to change how they’re going to conduct their business, Rick is enough of a boss to not care. He’s going to do what he’s going to do without caring what Blake thinks, much less you or me.

I mean we have fools tweeting shlt at UM like that changes a thing other than irritating somebody. Nobody cares. Bosses swing their dlcks and run their business, they don’t care what some blowhard on the internet tweets or posts.

They pay attention when the money and attendance starts to trend down, especially Rick whose been through much worse than Internet babies throwing tantrums.

Fanbases get coaches fired all the time. It will happen again when Rick continues his 17 year trend of bed wetting. Watch.

We talkin' about the 10th coach, man. Not the head coach. Not the coordinators. The 10th coach. Not the assistant head coach. The.10th. Coach. Man.

giphy.gif

For the folks blindly following Rick, like they did Shannon and Golden and Swasey and Coley and on and on, this coach WAS FIRED FROM A LESSER PROGRAM. This is NOT someone who deserves our blind faith bc his history is a guy who isnt good enough.

I was beside myself when we hired him not just bc I dont think he will be good enough, but bc the mouthbreathers will never want him fired as he goes 9-3, 10-2 every year.

After the bed wetting on NSD every year, the lacadasical approach to the bowl game, and now another terrible terrible hire, I cant even pretend to support this regime anymore.

If he doesnt make the CFB playoff next year I want him gone.

Lol “lesser program”
We haven’t won 10 games since 2003. This is why Miami fans look stupid to everybody else

And this is why our program suffers.

People use the last 15 years as a crutch to defend mediocrity.

I have pride in my school and expect us to compete for titles. People like you are happy to win 10 games with a turnover chain.

And yes, Miami dwarfs UGA as a program, considering we won 5 titles and played for several more since they last won.

Miami used to dwarf UGA as a program. We just had our first piece of relevancy in 15 years. Norte Dame also used to dwarf UGA. You can only build on where you are not where you used to be. You’re right I was happy with ten wins. Best we’ve been in years. Next year I won’t be as happy with ten wins because that won’t be progress. You see how reality works?

We talkin' about the 10th coach, man. Not the head coach. Not the coordinators. The 10th coach. 10th. Coach. Man.

giphy.gif

This is a staff that has endless 1st time jobbers, in desperate need of experienced teachers.

And the solution is to hire another green yes man that won't question Manny or Rick. The banners WILL fly, just give it till next year.

Advertisement
I'm not trying to bash the guy because i don't know him personally, but this comes across as totally underwhelming to me.

Here's my concern. I get that he's been in the business since 2011 - but every stop has been as a GA (2 years Incarnate Word, 2 years LATech, 1 year Miss St) before coming here as a QC guy and helping with the LBs. He's another "Manny" guy, ala Banda. If we want a bunch of "Manny" guys, then fine. But all these guys know is Manny's way. I want guys who have done it their way and been through the ringer, guys who can offer a different view at times and help improve. If anything, our LB play last year regressed.

Our current defensive staff is green as can be - Banda in his 1st true gig, Rumph in his 1st true gig and now Patke in his, to go along with Kool and Manny.
What this D Staff needed was either 1) stud coach to offset how green the back 7 coaches are, or 2) stud recruiter to help pick up where Kool, Rumph and Manny have struggled. Which is Patke?

The O staff has some similar deficiencies. Baby Richt has little experience. Hartley is showing up on the recruiting trail (which makes sense, he was recruiting coordinator at UGA) but this is only his second position gig after coaching 4 years at Marshall, 2 of which was coaching safeties. So when you look at just the numbers, 50% of our current staff (5 of 10) have less than 5 years experience coaching their current positions when you exclude time being a GA or QC guy.....4 in their 1st true coaching roles. Usually those guys all need to be stud recruiters or up-and-comer hot coaches with lots of buzz.

Experience is not everything in my book....i couldn't stand the Dline Jethro coached and he had more experience than anyone while Jeremy Pruitt jumped from HS to big time football and hasn't looked back since....but i pause with concern when i see deficiencies compounding without actions to offset them. It's not just this hire, it's things we see in recruiting (offering late, dropping communication, not branching out wide enough and when you miss, having significant roster issues) and last year's offensive gameplan as well. Obviously this staff has already done more in their tenure than previous staffs and i'm happy to have them, but that doesn't mean they are without faults and criticism.

This is way too long, but here's the important thing from your post: FOR OUR ENTIRE DEFENSIVE STAFF BESIDES KOOL, THIS IS THEIR FIRST GIG

If it were up to Manny, then Kool wouldn't be here either. Manny likes yes-men.

WEAK AS FUUCK

As a poster, i am not without fault and criticism.....

For the folks blindly following Rick, like they did Shannon and Golden and Swasey and Coley and on and on, this coach WAS FIRED FROM A LESSER PROGRAM. This is NOT someone who deserves our blind faith bc his history is a guy who isnt good enough.

I was beside myself when we hired him not just bc I dont think he will be good enough, but bc the mouthbreathers will never want him fired as he goes 9-3, 10-2 every year.

After the bed wetting on NSD every year, the lacadasical approach to the bowl game, and now another terrible terrible hire, I cant even pretend to support this regime anymore.

Lol “lesser program”
We haven’t won 10 games since 2003. This is why Miami fans look stupid to everybody else

And this is why our program suffers.

People use the last 15 years as a crutch to defend mediocrity.

I have pride in my school and expect us to compete for titles. People like you are happy to win 10 games with a turnover chain.

And yes, Miami dwarfs UGA as a program, considering we won 5 titles and played for several more since they last won.

Miami used to dwarf UGA as a program. We just had our first piece of relevancy in 15 years. Norte Dame also used to dwarf UGA. You can only build on where you are not where you used to be. You’re right I was happy with ten wins. Best we’ve been in years. Next year I won’t be as happy with ten wins because that won’t be progress. You see how reality works?

You are a total sucker then.

Again, what was USC before Carroll? Here's the answer: IT DOESNT MATTER.

What your program did previously is irrelevant. It's been proven over and over and over again. FSU was crap in the end of Bobby's tenure, and they forced him out and Jimbo wins a title. Good coaches win. Elite coaches win titles.

If you want to win titles, Mark Richt ain't your guy.

We talkin' about the 10th coach, man. Not the head coach. Not the coordinators. The 10th coach. Not the assistant head coach. The.10th. Coach. Man.

giphy.gif

Ha - definitely funny but to me the 10th coach is no different than the 3rd/5th/7th. It's a position coach who's just as important as the rest.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Jimmy and Butch both did as did Paul Dee, but you are right, I have no connection to CMR other than the money I give (soon to be past tense) to the school.

Good riddance.

How much were you giving $50 a year. $100?

Advertisement
We talkin' about the 10th coach, man. Not the head coach. Not the coordinators. The 10th coach. 10th. Coach. Man.

giphy.gif

This is a staff that has endless 1st time jobbers, in desperate need of experienced teachers.

And the solution is to hire another green yes man that won't question Manny or Rick. The banners WILL fly, just give it till next year.

You don't hire the 10th dude in the lowest level spot on the staff to question or stand up to your DC. At that point you have an issue with your DC that would require Rick's attention. Anyone below Kool doesn't and probably shouldn't have the juice to be questioning Diaz in some consistent and significant manner.

Last edited:

You get him tough guy

I always do what freshmen posters tell me to do, so I will call him later today. Is that good enough?

Now I know you’re an idiot

giphy.gif

Ha - definitely funny but to me the 10th coach is no different than the 3rd/5th/7th. It's a position coach who's just as important as the rest.

I agree with that general view but I think a lot of us are putting too much emphasis in what overall effect the hire could/will make.

Advertisement

Fanbases get coaches fired all the time. It will happen again when Rick continues his 17 year trend of bed wetting. Watch.

If Rick gets fired it will be for lack of performance not for fan bltching. You’re delusional.

I'm not trying to bash the guy because i don't know him personally, but this comes across as totally underwhelming to me.

Here's my concern. I get that he's been in the business since 2011 - but every stop has been as a GA (2 years Incarnate Word, 2 years LATech, 1 year Miss St) before coming here as a QC guy and helping with the LBs. He's another "Manny" guy, ala Banda. If we want a bunch of "Manny" guys, then fine. But all these guys know is Manny's way. I want guys who have done it their way and been through the ringer, guys who can offer a different view at times and help improve. If anything, our LB play last year regressed.

Our current defensive staff is green as can be - Banda in his 1st true gig, Rumph in his 1st true gig and now Patke in his, to go along with Kool and Manny.
What this D Staff needed was either 1) stud coach to offset how green the back 7 coaches are, or 2) stud recruiter to help pick up where Kool, Rumph and Manny have struggled. Which is Patke?

The O staff has some similar deficiencies. Baby Richt has little experience. Hartley is showing up on the recruiting trail (which makes sense, he was recruiting coordinator at UGA) but this is only his second position gig after coaching 4 years at Marshall, 2 of which was coaching safeties. So when you look at just the numbers, 50% of our current staff (5 of 10) have less than 5 years experience coaching their current positions when you exclude time being a GA or QC guy.....4 in their 1st true coaching roles. Usually those guys all need to be stud recruiters or up-and-comer hot coaches with lots of buzz.

Experience is not everything in my book....i couldn't stand the Dline Jethro coached and he had more experience than anyone while Jeremy Pruitt jumped from HS to big time football and hasn't looked back since....but i pause with concern when i see deficiencies compounding without actions to offset them. It's not just this hire, it's things we see in recruiting (offering late, dropping communication, not branching out wide enough and when you miss, having significant roster issues) and last year's offensive gameplan as well. Obviously this staff has already done more in their tenure than previous staffs and i'm happy to have them, but that doesn't mean they are without faults and criticism.

This is way too long, but here's the important thing from your post: FOR OUR ENTIRE DEFENSIVE STAFF BESIDES KOOL, THIS IS THEIR FIRST GIG

If it were up to Manny, then Kool wouldn't be here either. Manny likes yes-men.

WEAK AS FUUCK

Meat likes to make shlt up. How do you even know this? ANSWER: you don’t, you dumbass, you made it up.

agree with some of this actually, cfb has become ultra dog=eat=dog, and the top dogs are some cold blooded ****'s. We knew what we were getting with MR it was no secret, and it was an upgrade no doubt, consistently wins, runs clean program, players graduate and stay out of trouble, recruits well, etc. We also knew he was fired because he just could never get over the hump. Let me ask you guys, would uga made it to the title game if MR had stayed ????? I say NO Then we hire Diaz, who Mack brown fired after BYU ran a train on him and prolly didnt throw one time, i didnt like the hire at all, if he cant do it at Texas with all that talent and a weak sched why would he do it here ? anybody ? We will consistently win 8-9-10 games and thats what we bought

Advertisement
Back