Patke is 10th Coach

hiphopanimal

Freshman
What a joke of a hire.

CFB is becoming more and more of an arms race and we go get a rookie, when we are clearly lacking in a number of key areas - ST being a prime example.

Richt is just here to chill, retire and churn out 9/10 win seasons max.

****outtahere.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Richt doesn’t wanna win big, can we all just admit it. He wants to get us back to respectability that’s all.

So, does that mean we have 3 first time college coaches on our 10 man staff?

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
Might be a gem.

Let's be honest, who thought Hartley would've turned out to be a beast on the recruiting trail?

Banda isn't even an assistant to sneeze at.

Richt has been around 30+ years in coaching. I'm pretty sure he can spot a real one when he see's one.

Probably got a steal for the low.

hope this guy turns out to be a monster and shuts all of you whiners up

Have people been saying they want him to be trash? I would think the whiners want him to be a monster and shut themselves up too.

Advertisement
Not going to get into any arguments on who should've been hired or who would do a better job, I'll just lay out some facts and my impression. Coach Patke has been a GA and quality control coach since 2011 with Miami being his 4th stop, so he's been around the college game for a bit. GA's and QC's can't recruit off campus but they're involved in on campus recruiting, so this off season was his first taste on the road recruiting. Other than that he was essentially already a position coach just without the title. He's a high energy and hard working guy and I know he was well liked when I was there and hadn't heard any complaints about him. I know it's not the **** hire a lot of posters wanted but I think he can be successful.

I would've hired Al Golden before this guy. At least Al has experience. Meanwhile, Michael Barrow sits waiting.

Not going to get into any arguments on who should've been hired or who would do a better job, I'll just lay out some facts and my impression. Coach Patke has been a GA and quality control coach since 2011 with Miami being his 4th stop, so he's been around the college game for a bit. GA's and QC's can't recruit off campus but they're involved in on campus recruiting, so this off season was his first taste on the road recruiting. Other than that he was essentially already a position coach just without the title. He's a high energy and hard working guy and I know he was well liked when I was there and hadn't heard any complaints about him. I know it's not the **** hire a lot of posters wanted but I think he can be successful.

No need for your positivity in this thread Austin. This thread (and basically the rest of this site) is for all of the Hurricane "fans" with an agenda or an IQ below 50.

Advertisement

I appreciate your input; I'm just frustrated that we didn't go after a solid recruiter. Patke, who sounds like a good guy, doesn't have that much experience recruiting and minimal ties to S.Fla.

Hope I'm proven wrong but we could have done better.

So, does that mean we have 3 first time college coaches on our 10 man staff?

4 first time position coaches in D1 football (Little Richt, Banda, Rumph, Patke) 2 first time co-OCs, and a first time ST coordinator. You won’t see that on any P5 team in cfb.

Advertisement
Would've liked better but it's not like we have bags of $ around to hire a big named guy. We have a gofundme for the indoor facility so.....

We probably had to give our assistants raises to keep them around. Dugans and Hartley most likely demanded more $ to stay.

I appreciate your input; I'm just frustrated that we didn't go after a solid recruiter. Patke, who sounds like a good guy, doesn't have that much experience recruiting and minimal ties to S.Fla.

Hope I'm proven wrong but we could have done better.

How many proven recruiters are currently out there on the market?

Congratulations to the guy. Im happy for anyone who puts in work and gets a shot that puts them one step closer to their dream.

With that said, I think its an incredibly lazy and underwhelming hire, and Im no fan of another Diaz disciple. Brings nothing new to us. Reminds me pf the Randy Melvin hire.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back