Patke is 10th Coach

Advertisement
Does Richt have an unlimited budget to work with from Blake? I don't know if Patke will be good or bad but he was probably the best option given the budget parameters Richt is working with. He probably had to spend some more money to keep Dugans and Kool around when other opportunities for them to leave surfaced. It's not like he is given blank checks to get whoever he wants. He already personally forked over a million to kick off the IPF funding. It's not like he is going to give up some salary to get a former HC to work as a 10th assistant. Some of you need to think this through a little more before spouting off.

Why do you guys keep saying he didn't control his kingdom at UGA? Did CMR say this in an interview?

And why shouldn't fans come down on him for any hires they don't agree with" We are the customers, he supplies the services.

What a joke of a hire.

CFB is becoming more and more of an arms race and we go get a rookie, when we are clearly lacking in a number of key areas - ST being a prime example.

Richt is just here to chill, retire and churn out 9/10 win seasons max.

****outtahere.

I have been saying this since the day he was hired. Everybody has been dazzled by the fact he played here and means well.

UGA fired him for a reason. It will be the same reason he gets canned here ultimately.

Advertisement
Some of you hating on this probably worship butch. End of the day butch developed his coaches. This staff is giving a young guy a shot who grew up under Diaz. I don’t know how it will Work but what should we have done. Hired a coach who has had 15 jobs. A coach who will leave the second an sec schools offers a job? Seriously. This staff has won 19 games in 2 years and is 1-1 in bowls with a lack of depth issue.

Meanwhile every other school is making huge SPLASH 10th coach hires. Oh wait, that hasn’t happened anywhere.

Oh wait, that hasn’t happened anywhere.

I spy a big fat lie.

giphy.gif

Why do you guys keep saying he didn't control his kingdom at UGA? Did CMR say this in an interview?

And why shouldn't fans come down on him for any hires they don't agree with" We are the customers, he supplies the services.

Because he had several hires forced on him and play calling duties stripped, paid coaches out of his pocket, the list goes on. These aren’t guesses, they’re facts.

It’s his ship to run here either way here, his call, he’s accountable, so I’m good.

Advertisement
Things I like about the hire:

- He can help coach LBs so Diaz can focus on being a full-time DC
- Has a previous relationship with the defensive staff
- A "young guy" who can supposedly recruit - helped at least open the door with Coburn, I'd like to see what he can do with a full year to build relationships

Things I don't like:

- Not even close to a proven coach - zero track record
- The hire smacks of laziness/cheapness
- Doesn't address our Special Teams issues

Bottom line: This is Richt being Richt. He has ALWAYS given his DCs full autonomy to coach, recruit, and hire the way they see fit. It's also been his downfall a couple times (VanGorder, Willie Martinez, et al) Not impressed, but willing to give this guy a chance. If he ends up being the lead recruiter and landing some blue-chip players for us, I'll call it a win.

The problem at UGA was that he didn’t have full autonomy when he was there

He does at Miami.

His ship to run.

I’m good with whatever he does since he’s ultimately responsible and fully accountable. If I was his boss (Blake) that’s exactly how I would handle it. “Here, this is yours, your calls, 100%, you’ll be evaluated on results - no interference from me”

Therefore, I don’t sweat this stuff. He knows he’s accountable and based on my observations about his demeanor, fire and intensity I think he’s more than motivated to succeed. He seems ****ed to me a lot of the time...I take that as dissatisfaction, which is exactly how he should feel.

OCC dead on , Richt makes the call and he responsible for the decision. If he balls out kudos to Richt , if not Richt gets the heat.

Advertisement
I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

What a joke of a hire.

CFB is becoming more and more of an arms race and we go get a rookie, when we are clearly lacking in a number of key areas - ST being a prime example.

Richt is just here to chill, retire and churn out 9/10 win seasons max.

****outtahere.

I have been saying this since the day he was hired. Everybody has been dazzled by the fact he played here and means well.

UGA fired him for a reason. It will be the same reason he gets canned here ultimately.

You did not like the hiring of Richt, but get over it. He has improved program drastically in two years, to talk about firing is just plain ______.
Think Richt would hang it up if he feels program is not moving in positive direction, man came here to win champioships.

To address the situation at Ga, yes he was severely hamstrung by the AD McGoofy who came up from UFAG and did not like him because he was a Dooley hire. Richt asked for facility upgrades for years and was next to Canes the last D_1 school to get a IPF. While Bama added all kinds QC positions , Richt was not given those analysts or in some cases raises for assistants. Money was freed up for Kurby when the big liquor donors told McGoof to do so. They currently are building a Taj Mahal locker, recruiting, and player lounge at open end of stadium to the tune of 45 mil. No doubt Richt would have played in and won a NC if he had the support Kurbt getting.

I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

You get him tough guy

Advertisement
The simple fact is, it’s Rick’s ship to run and unlike at Georgia, nobody’s telling him who he can or can’t hire. It’s all 100% on him, as it’s his program and he’s the man at the top.

This is going EXACTLY they way it should.

Rick is building the program HIS WAY, without interference from the AD or the BOT (unlike at UGA). And certainly not from message board heroes trying to micromanage his hiring practices.

Since he doesn’t give a shlt what the BOT or Blake thinks, he sure as fūck isn’t going to care what some flunkie anonymous message board “experts” think.

I’m good with all of it. In the end he’s accountable, as he should be. That’s what any good leader wants. It’s all on him. He’ll either succeed or he won’t, but it’s all on him, the way it supposed to be.

The only thing I’m not good with in any of it is that our spend budgets are significantly lower than most any top 10 team because our revenue is significantly lower, as is our contribution and donation base. We need bigger bettter richer boosters. Any volunteers in the audience?

Solid post but I would like to point out one thing. You say he will be ‘accountable’ as the lead man with all the decision making. My fear is there really isn’t any accountability at UM. Look how long it took to fire golden. If he continues 9-10 win seasons with the eventual 11 win or ACC championship win, he will stay until retirement. UM will not fire him... ever. That is worrisome to me. That off-limits mentality breeds complacency and complacency kills.

Last edited:
Program is a joke. Mark Richt is what he was at UGA: more concerned with spreading the gospel than winning games.

Anyone who defends this is not a true Canes fan. Im sick of the simpletons who enable our mediocrity by applauding this crap.

Right now everyone trippin, same time next yr everyone will be calling him a recruiting beast. Similar situation to Hartley.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back