Patke is 10th Coach

hope this guy turns out to be a monster and shuts all of you whiners up

Even if Patke is a Monster, he still works for Mark Richt aka Perennial Underachiever. I don't say that to diss MR. It is the Truth. Stats don't lie. The Patke hire has MR's DNA all over it. You were a fool if you thought MR was going to raid a program for solid hire.

Money was not the issue. Saban hired the DC from UTSA......yeah UTSA! However, the UTSA DC was experienced. So, we could have made a better hire by hiring the DC from the North Dakota State Bisons (2017 FCS Natl Champs).

Praise the Lord.

MR is not an Aplha Male, he doesnt like being around Alpha Males. See the Jeremy Pruitt Fiasco at UGA. Pruitt wanted to instill toughness at UGA, but MR wanted to instill the Lord.

Advertisement
For the folks blindly following Rick, like they did Shannon and Golden and Swasey and Coley and on and on, this coach WAS FIRED FROM A LESSER PROGRAM. This is NOT someone who deserves our blind faith bc his history is a guy who isnt good enough.

I was beside myself when we hired him not just bc I dont think he will be good enough, but bc the mouthbreathers will never want him fired as he goes 9-3, 10-2 every year.

After the bed wetting on NSD every year, the lacadasical approach to the bowl game, and now another terrible terrible hire, I cant even pretend to support this regime anymore.

If he doesnt make the CFB playoff next year I want him gone.

Even if Patke is a Monster, he still works for Mark Richt aka Perennial Underachiever. I don't say that to diss MR. It is the Truth. Stats don't lie. The Patke hire has MR's DNA all over it. You were a fool if you thought MR was going to raid a program for solid hire.

Money was not the issue. Saban hired the DC from UTSA......yeah UTSA! However, the UTSA DC was experienced. So, we could have made a better hire by hiring the DC from the North Dakota State Bisons (2017 FCS Natl Champs).

Praise the Lord.

MR is not an Aplha Male, he doesnt like being around Alpha Males. See the Jeremy Pruitt Fiasco at UGA. Pruitt wanted to instill toughness at UGA, but MR wanted to instill the Lord.

Neg

For the folks blindly following Rick, like they did Shannon and Golden and Swasey and Coley and on and on, this coach WAS FIRED FROM A LESSER PROGRAM. This is NOT someone who deserves our blind faith bc his history is a guy who isnt good enough.

I was beside myself when we hired him not just bc I dont think he will be good enough, but bc the mouthbreathers will never want him fired as he goes 9-3, 10-2 every year.

After the bed wetting on NSD every year, the lacadasical approach to the bowl game, and now another terrible terrible hire, I cant even pretend to support this regime anymore.

Neg

Not going to get into any arguments on who should've been hired or who would do a better job, I'll just lay out some facts and my impression. Coach Patke has been a GA and quality control coach since 2011 with Miami being his 4th stop, so he's been around the college game for a bit. GA's and QC's can't recruit off campus but they're involved in on campus recruiting, so this off season was his first taste on the road recruiting. Other than that he was essentially already a position coach just without the title. He's a high energy and hard working guy and I know he was well liked when I was there and hadn't heard any complaints about him. I know it's not the **** hire a lot of posters wanted but I think he can be successful.

And the players wanted Coker hired after Butch Davis left for Cleveland.

Players lobby for their coaches. It's what they do.

Advertisement

Lol “lesser program”
We haven’t won 10 games since 2003. This is why Miami fans look stupid to everybody else

Lol “lesser program”
We haven’t won 10 games since 2003. This is why Miami fans look stupid to everybody else

upvote

Lol “lesser program”

And this is why our program suffers.

People use the last 15 years as a crutch to defend mediocrity.

I have pride in my school and expect us to compete for titles. People like you are happy to win 10 games with a turnover chain.

And yes, Miami dwarfs UGA as a program, considering we won 5 titles and played for several more since they last won.

I dont blindly support the dude, I just understand that Miami is not a simple fix. Richt is leading this program in the right direction and is ahead of schedule at an institution that many used to think was a dumpster fire. I also understand the politics that were in place at UGA. I also know that just because one mf throw a bunch of money at a name doesnt mean Richt has to do the same especially at a private institution with not as much bread. He could put the money elsewhere and have a young talent do the job at a high level for less.

Advertisement
I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Praise the Lord.

Says the alpha male with 12 posts, get lost troll.

Lol “lesser program”

I have pride in my school and expect us to compete for titles. People like you are happy to win 10 games with a turnover chain.

And yes, Miami dwarfs UGA as a program, considering we won 5 titles and played for several more since they last won.

UPVOTE

I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Advertisement
I dont blindly support the dude, I just understand that Miami is not a simple fix. Richt is leading this program in the right direction and is ahead of schedule at an institution that many used to think was a dumpster fire. I also understand the politics that were in place at UGA. I also know that just because one mf throw a bunch of money at a name doesnt mean Richt has to do the same especially at a private institution with not as much bread. He could put the money elsewhere and have a young talent do the job at a high level for less.

How is Richt ahead of schedule? He inherited and 8-5 team with a returning experienced quarterback. He proceeded to increase his win total by one game over each of the next two seasons. Did you expect him to still be 8-5?

Lol “lesser program”

If we listened to people like you Richt would almost certainly be fired next year, we’d have a huge payout to give him and his staff and we would end up with another Golden or Shannon.

I don’t think Richt is perfect and there is certainly reason to criticize some of his decisions but the type of ridiculous reaction you have to the most success we’ve had in more than a decade is laughable.

Watch more struggles on the recruiting trail on the defensive side of the ball. This was bush league

Advertisement

So b/c in your mind you felt, like a typical simp, that the media (who has ripped us for decades) was spot on that Miami is a bad job? Some fan!

The reality is this. The program was bad bc we hired bad coaches. The program is now good bc we hired a good coach. The thing is, I want an elite program. I don't care about the coastal or the ACC or 10 wins. I want rings. And if a coach and his staff aren't good enough to get that, I want him gone.

Have you looked at what USC pre Carroll, OSU pre Tressel, Bama pre Saban, LSU pre Saban, etc etc looked like? They were mediocre, forgettable programs. Then an elite coach came and changed it. It's not complicated. It doesnt require 10 years of a rebuild. A great coach will get it done. Richt is not that coach, never was and isn't suddenly different.

I'm not trying to bash the guy because i don't know him personally, but this comes across as totally underwhelming to me.

Here's my concern. I get that he's been in the business since 2011 - but every stop has been as a GA (2 years Incarnate Word, 2 years LATech, 1 year Miss St) before coming here as a QC guy and helping with the LBs. He's another "Manny" guy, ala Banda. If we want a bunch of "Manny" guys, then fine. But all these guys know is Manny's way. I want guys who have done it their way and been through the ringer, guys who can offer a different view at times and help improve. If anything, our LB play last year regressed.

Our current defensive staff is green as can be - Banda in his 1st true gig, Rumph in his 1st true gig and now Patke in his, to go along with Kool and Manny.
What this D Staff needed was either 1) stud coach to offset how green the back 7 coaches are, or 2) stud recruiter to help pick up where Kool, Rumph and Manny have struggled. Which is Patke?

The O staff has some similar deficiencies. Baby Richt has little experience. Hartley is showing up on the recruiting trail (which makes sense, he was recruiting coordinator at UGA) but this is only his second position gig after coaching 4 years at Marshall, 2 of which was coaching safeties. So when you look at just the numbers, 50% of our current staff (5 of 10) have less than 5 years experience coaching their current positions when you exclude time being a GA or QC guy.....4 in their 1st true coaching roles. Usually those guys all need to be stud recruiters or up-and-comer hot coaches with lots of buzz.

Experience is not everything in my book....i couldn't stand the Dline Jethro coached and he had more experience than anyone while Jeremy Pruitt jumped from HS to big time football and hasn't looked back since....but i pause with concern when i see deficiencies compounding without actions to offset them. It's not just this hire, it's things we see in recruiting (offering late, dropping communication, not branching out wide enough and when you miss, having significant roster issues) and last year's offensive gameplan as well. Obviously this staff has already done more in their tenure than previous staffs and i'm happy to have them, but that doesn't mean they are without faults and criticism.

I'm not trying to bash the guy because i don't know him personally, but this comes across as totally underwhelming to me.

Here's my concern. I get that he's been in the business since 2011 - but every stop has been as a GA (2 years Incarnate Word, 2 years LATech, 1 year Miss St) before coming here as a QC guy and helping with the LBs. He's another "Manny" guy, ala Banda. If we want a bunch of "Manny" guys, then fine. But all these guys know is Manny's way. I want guys who have done it their way and been through the ringer, guys who can offer a different view at times and help improve. If anything, our LB play last year regressed.

Our current defensive staff is green as can be - Banda in his 1st true gig, Rumph in his 1st true gig and now Patke in his, to go along with Kool and Manny.
What this D Staff needed was either 1) stud coach to offset how green the back 7 coaches are, or 2) stud recruiter to help pick up where Kool, Rumph and Manny have struggled. Which is Patke?

The O staff has some similar deficiencies. Baby Richt has little experience. Hartley is showing up on the recruiting trail (which makes sense, he was recruiting coordinator at UGA) but this is only his second position gig after coaching 4 years at Marshall, 2 of which was coaching safeties. So when you look at just the numbers, 50% of our current staff (5 of 10) have less than 5 years experience coaching their current positions when you exclude time being a GA or QC guy.....4 in their 1st true coaching roles. Usually those guys all need to be stud recruiters or up-and-comer hot coaches with lots of buzz.

Experience is not everything in my book....i couldn't stand the Dline Jethro coached and he had more experience than anyone while Jeremy Pruitt jumped from HS to big time football and hasn't looked back since....but i pause with concern when i see deficiencies compounding without actions to offset them. It's not just this hire, it's things we see in recruiting (offering late, dropping communication, not branching out wide enough and when you miss, having significant roster issues) and last year's offensive gameplan as well. Obviously this staff has already done more in their tenure than previous staffs and i'm happy to have them, but that doesn't mean they are without faults and criticism.

nice post man

This is way too long, but here's the important thing from your post: FOR OUR ENTIRE DEFENSIVE STAFF BESIDES KOOL, THIS IS THEIR FIRST GIG

If it were up to Manny, then Kool wouldn't be here either. Manny likes yes-men.

WEAK AS FUUCK

Advertisement
Back