Patke is 10th Coach

Not mad at the hire. i would've liked an experienced recruiter but Patke seems like a good guy to be around with and also croots were saying that Patke's visits were awesome. An unknown but his upside makes this hire interesting we could be hiring a steal if he pans out.

Advertisement
Lots and lots of complaining about the hire but not one suggestion as to who they should have hired. I'm curious as to who's available. Is there some unemployed savant out there? I'm not being sarcastic. I don't know this Patke guy and I'll refrain from judgement until he gives me something to judge him on. Otherwise, who SHOULD Miami have hired as a 10th coach?

Lots and lots of complaining about the hire but not one suggestion as to who they should have hired. I'm curious as to who's available. Is there some unemployed savant out there? I'm not being sarcastic. I don't know this Patke guy and I'll refrain from judgement until he gives me something to judge him on. Otherwise, who SHOULD Miami have hired as a 10th coach?

It's college football - all coaches are available.

I'm still wondering why we hired Diaz to begin with, what had he ever done to qualify to be DC at The U

Advertisement

How about this: D. VanDyke or Devin Hester (as ST coach/recruiter) Both are young, charismatic, former Canes, former NFL players, who should be able to relate to our typical recruit..............one has more experience as a coach than Patke and one is a future NFL HOF guy who was a special teams' legend...............both would be cheap-DH might have been almost free.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...oaching-Career-Aims-to-Land-at-Miami-51550311

https://247sports.com/college/miami...in-Hester-To-Coach-At-Paradise-Camp-102438770

Last edited:
We talkin' about the 10th coach, man. Not the head coach. Not the coordinators. The 10th coach. Not the assistant head coach. The.10th. Coach. Man.

giphy.gif

iI need my ******* upvote button back.

I dont blindly support the dude, I just understand that Miami is not a simple fix. Richt is leading this program in the right direction and is ahead of schedule at an institution that many used to think was a dumpster fire. I also understand the politics that were in place at UGA. I also know that just because one mf throw a bunch of money at a name doesnt mean Richt has to do the same especially at a private institution with not as much bread. He could put the money elsewhere and have a young talent do the job at a high level for less.

So b/c in your mind you felt, like a typical simp, that the media (who has ripped us for decades) was spot on that Miami is a bad job? Some fan!

The reality is this. The program was bad bc we hired bad coaches. The program is now good bc we hired a good coach. The thing is, I want an elite program. I don't care about the coastal or the ACC or 10 wins. I want rings. And if a coach and his staff aren't good enough to get that, I want him gone.

Have you looked at what USC pre Carroll, OSU pre Tressel, Bama pre Saban, LSU pre Saban, etc etc looked like? They were mediocre, forgettable programs. Then an elite coach came and changed it. It's not complicated. It doesnt require 10 years of a rebuild. A great coach will get it done. Richt is not that coach, never was and isn't suddenly different.

Not saying that the dumpster quote was spot on chief, I'm saying if some viewed The U as such, chances are highly likely we were in pretty bad shape. In the condition that Golden left us, we are ahead of schedule. The experienced QB that was left should be playing for UAB not MIA. The program is not going to become elite again over night. Richt almost made it to the playoffs and did make it to the ACC Championship for the first time in the programs history in Richts second season with Rosier at QB. Never said it should take 10 yrs but after these two seasons, I'm not sure why anyone would think it would take 10 years. Keep in mind I just said two seasons, how is he considered not good enough after two seasons chief?

Just like the coaches you mentioned, Richt is changing what was a forgettable program. Just like most of the names mentioned, it normally take more than 2 seasons. Just because he didn't win a ship in UGA, doesn't mean he won't win it in Miami.

Saban MSU
Year 1 6-5-1
Year 2. 6-6

Saban LSU
Year 1. 8-4
Year 2. 10-3

Saban Bama
Year 1. 6-6
Year 2. 12-2

Pete Carroll USC
Year 1. 6-6
Year 2. 11-2

Tressell OSU
Year 1. 7-5
Year 2. 14-0

Richt MIA
Year 1 9-4
Year 2. 10-3

1. This is the second coach on the roster that doesn't need to be employed as a coach.

2. This hire doesn't address the major issues on offense or STs.

3. Does anyone truly think these 10 coaches resemble a championship staff?

4. And we still have 2 coaches coaching the DBs.

Good stuff all around.

Advertisement
For the folks blindly following Rick, like they did Shannon and Golden and Swasey and Coley and on and on, this coach WAS FIRED FROM A LESSER PROGRAM. This is NOT someone who deserves our blind faith bc his history is a guy who isnt good enough.

I was beside myself when we hired him not just bc I dont think he will be good enough, but bc the mouthbreathers will never want him fired as he goes 9-3, 10-2 every year.

After the bed wetting on NSD every year, the lacadasical approach to the bowl game, and now another terrible terrible hire, I cant even pretend to support this regime anymore.

If he doesnt make the CFB playoff next year I want him gone.

He was a game away from making the CFB playoff this year....yeah, we got curb stomped but your request isn't that far off from our performance this year.

1. This is the second coach on the roster that doesn't need to be employed as a coach.

Good stuff all around.

Shhh. Be careful some drooling idiot is gonna call you a terrible fan for not supporting the team and say "I bet he never goes to games".

This is unacceptable. Trying to be a championship contender and settling for this. FAIL.

I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Jimmy and Butch both did as did Paul Dee, but you are right, I have no connection to CMR other than the money I give (soon to be past tense) to the school.

Paul Dee wrote you back on Twitter? Do tell!

Is it to early to start BBB again? I say wait until end of this season. If he wins ACC, we wait another year.

Advertisement

How about this: D. VanDyke or Devin Hester (as ST coach/recruiter) Both are young, charismatic, former Canes, former NFL players, who should be able to relate to our typical recruit..............one has more experience as a coach than Patke and one is a future NFL HOF guy who was a special teams' legend...............both would be cheap-DH might have been almost free.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...oaching-Career-Aims-to-Land-at-Miami-51550311

https://247sports.com/college/miami...in-Hester-To-Coach-At-Paradise-Camp-102438770

DVD is a DB. We don't need 3 DB coaches.
THough i think there has been a rumor going around that we are hiring DVD in an off the field role, which would be solid.
Hester makes no sense. i don't get why all yall want former canes with no coaching experience to come coach here. There are guys like Barrow, hurlie brown that are currently unemployed that would be a million times better than hester.

Good stuff all around.

imo Manny has done nothing to merit being a DC at a top program either, he gets out schemed by almost every OC he faces which is prolly why Texas cut him loose, i give him one more year

What a joke of a hire.

CFB is becoming more and more of an arms race and we go get a rookie, when we are clearly lacking in a number of key areas - ST being a prime example.

Richt is just here to chill, retire and churn out 9/10 win seasons max.

****outtahere.

I'll take consistent 10 win seasons again, that's how you get a Kirby to energize your program to 12. There are maybe 10-15 coaches that can make a team a consistent 10 win team, and 4 that can make consistent title contenders, and those 4 are not coming to a 6-6 team.

Advertisement
What a joke of a hire.

CFB is becoming more and more of an arms race and we go get a rookie, when we are clearly lacking in a number of key areas - ST being a prime example.

Richt is just here to chill, retire and churn out 9/10 win seasons max.

****outtahere.

I'll take consistent 10 win seasons again, that's how you get a Kirby to energize your program to 12. There are maybe 10-15 coaches that can make a team a consistent 10 win team, and 4 that can make consistent title contenders, and those 4 are not coming to a 6-6 team.

AND those 4 make big money

I don't mind him getting the job and know basically nothing about him like everyone on this board. I can say though that the LB'ers didn't step up as much as I would've liked to see, so then getting more attention is a plus to me.

Those saying we need something on offense don't live in reality. Yes, we do need more offensively, but you're out of your mind if you think Richt is ready to give up his playcalling. Some say John needs to go, that isnt happening either. So once that is understood, so would say this was the best position to bring a coach in.

We either needed an ace recruiter or a legit ST coach. Let's hope this guy can help the defensive guys close on some recruits next year

Good stuff all around.

imo Manny has done nothing to merit being a DC at a top program either, he gets out schemed by almost every OC he faces which is prolly why Texas cut him loose, i give him one more year

1. None of that has anything to do with what I posted.

2. I never said the D doesn't have issues. With that said, the D is the reason why we were in the ACCCG.

3. How does Patke fix the major issues on offense and STs?

Advertisement
Back