Patke is 10th Coach

1. This is the second coach on the roster that doesn't need to be employed as a coach.

2. This hire doesn't address the major issues on offense or STs.

3. Does anyone truly think these 10 coaches resemble a championship staff?

4. And we still have 2 coaches coaching the DBs.

Good stuff all around.

imo Manny has done nothing to merit being a DC at a top program either, he gets out schemed by almost every OC he faces which is prolly why Texas cut him loose, i give him one more year

1. None of that has anything to do with what I posted.

2. I never said the D doesn't have issues. With that said, the D is the reason why we were in the ACCCG.

3. How does Patke fix the major issues on offense and STs?

i guess i should not have attached to your post but i stand by what i said, Manny is not a championship caliber coach imo

Advertisement
This was a Diaz hire more than a Richt one. Patke came from Miss St so he’s a Diaz guy. I believe Richt gives free reign to the defensive staff to do its thing. I just hope he can help in recruiting cause lord knows that side of the ball needs it

At this point im going to head down..make a stop at vicky's or patty cakes bakery for some pastelitos and cuban cofee and bring to manny diaz and wait...ill likely have a ga or quaility control job...wish me well guys.

1. This is the second coach on the roster that doesn't need to be employed as a coach.

2. This hire doesn't address the major issues on offense or STs.

3. Does anyone truly think these 10 coaches resemble a championship staff?

4. And we still have 2 coaches coaching the DBs.

Good stuff all around.

imo Manny has done nothing to merit being a DC at a top program either, he gets out schemed by almost every OC he faces which is prolly why Texas cut him loose, i give him one more year

1. None of that has anything to do with what I posted.

2. I never said the D doesn't have issues. With that said, the D is the reason why we were in the ACCCG.

3. How does Patke fix the major issues on offense and STs?

i guess i should not have attached to your post but i stand by what i said, Manny is not a championship caliber coach imo

Neither is our OC.

Advertisement
I just tweeted to CMR that I was disappointed at this hire and that to me it reinforces the belief that our defensive coaches "are not good enough" to get an elite kid to the NFL first round-as was suggested by both AH Dbs yesterday. He immediately deleted it. Soft, very soft.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Jimmy and Butch both did as did Paul Dee, but you are right, I have no connection to CMR other than the money I give (soon to be past tense) to the school.

Paul Dee wrote you back on Twitter? Do tell!

Nope numb nuts. We spoke by phone and by email. Ask anyone who gives real money, not just buying hot dogs, and you will find out that money equals access.

Lots and lots of complaining about the hire but not one suggestion as to who they should have hired. I'm curious as to who's available. Is there some unemployed savant out there? I'm not being sarcastic. I don't know this Patke guy and I'll refrain from judgement until he gives me something to judge him on. Otherwise, who SHOULD Miami have hired as a 10th coach?

How about this: D. VanDyke or Devin Hester (as ST coach/recruiter) Both are young, charismatic, former Canes, former NFL players, who should be able to relate to our typical recruit..............one has more experience as a coach than Patke and one is a future NFL HOF guy who was a special teams' legend...............both would be cheap-DH might have been almost free.

https://247sports.com/college/miami...oaching-Career-Aims-to-Land-at-Miami-51550311

https://247sports.com/college/miami...in-Hester-To-Coach-At-Paradise-Camp-102438770

DVD is a DB. We don't need 3 DB coaches.
THough i think there has been a rumor going around that we are hiring DVD in an off the field role, which would be solid.
Hester makes no sense. i don't get why all yall want former canes with no coaching experience to come coach here. There are guys like Barrow, hurlie brown that are currently unemployed that would be a million times better than hester.

I think he was asking for suggestions as to who to replace Rumph and Patke......and Hester probably has the playbook of every ST coach in the NFL. He wouldn't fair catch everything.

For the folks blindly following Rick, like they did Shannon and Golden and Swasey and Coley and on and on, this coach WAS FIRED FROM A LESSER PROGRAM. This is NOT someone who deserves our blind faith bc his history is a guy who isnt good enough.

I was beside myself when we hired him not just bc I dont think he will be good enough, but bc the mouthbreathers will never want him fired as he goes 9-3, 10-2 every year.

After the bed wetting on NSD every year, the lacadasical approach to the bowl game, and now another terrible terrible hire, I cant even pretend to support this regime anymore.

If he doesnt make the CFB playoff next year I want him gone.

Botox, not saying I agree wholeheartedly here, but The Midnight Rambler digs the fire.

Can you dummies not turn this into a fire Richt thread. Lol at Richt being Golden2.0. You can be annoyed by the hire and remain even keeled. Richt is the best coach we’ve had since butch, I don’t agree with the Patke hire, but put your pitchforks down about Richt and walk away from the computer.

Advertisement
I think Diaz might still feel the sting of Texas were he butted heads with other assistants that he was forced to work with. So hes surrounding himself with HIS guys no matter how inexperienced they may be.

Plus our admin is still cheap when it comes to overall coaches salaries.

Hence we are stuck with Shatke.

Last edited:
I guess I prefer this hire over Richt being forced to hire someone he doesn't like. Still, I wish he'd have hired someone with some experience breaking down a D so he'd have an extra set of eyes in the booth. I'm fine with Richt calling plays, I just think another set of eyes is a good thing.

I have no clue what this guy brings to the table. Maybe he has amazing coffee skills?

Would've liked better but it's not like we have bags of $ around to hire a big named guy. We have a gofundme for the indoor facility so.....

We probably had to give our assistants raises to keep them around. Dugans and Hartley most likely demanded more $ to stay.

I agree, would rather use the money to keep the good coaches that matter (mentioned above) around then put that money into a 10th assistant that is nothing more than a glorified Grad. Asst.

You get what we pay for in today’s college football. Wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t Richts first choice either

Advertisement
You get what we pay for in today’s college football. Wouldn’t be surprised if this wasn’t Richts first choice either

truth, damm sad it's come to that, it's always all about the money. I cant wait to move to the ranch, i may go a month and not see another human being up there, thats a good thing

For the folks blindly following Rick, like they did Shannon and Golden and Swasey and Coley and on and on, this coach WAS FIRED FROM A LESSER PROGRAM. This is NOT someone who deserves our blind faith bc his history is a guy who isnt good enough.

I was beside myself when we hired him not just bc I dont think he will be good enough, but bc the mouthbreathers will never want him fired as he goes 9-3, 10-2 every year.

After the bed wetting on NSD every year, the lacadasical approach to the bowl game, and now another terrible terrible hire, I cant even pretend to support this regime anymore.

Lol “lesser program”
We haven’t won 10 games since 2003. This is why Miami fans look stupid to everybody else

And this is why our program suffers.

People use the last 15 years as a crutch to defend mediocrity.

I have pride in my school and expect us to compete for titles. People like you are happy to win 10 games with a turnover chain.

And yes, Miami dwarfs UGA as a program, considering we won 5 titles and played for several more since they last won.

Leading Candidate for Post of the Year!

Advertisement
I'm not trying to bash the guy because i don't know him personally, but this comes across as totally underwhelming to me.

Here's my concern. I get that he's been in the business since 2011 - but every stop has been as a GA (2 years Incarnate Word, 2 years LATech, 1 year Miss St) before coming here as a QC guy and helping with the LBs. He's another "Manny" guy, ala Banda. If we want a bunch of "Manny" guys, then fine. But all these guys know is Manny's way. I want guys who have done it their way and been through the ringer, guys who can offer a different view at times and help improve. If anything, our LB play last year regressed.

Our current defensive staff is green as can be - Banda in his 1st true gig, Rumph in his 1st true gig and now Patke in his, to go along with Kool and Manny.
What this D Staff needed was either 1) stud coach to offset how green the back 7 coaches are, or 2) stud recruiter to help pick up where Kool, Rumph and Manny have struggled. Which is Patke?

The O staff has some similar deficiencies. Baby Richt has little experience. Hartley is showing up on the recruiting trail (which makes sense, he was recruiting coordinator at UGA) but this is only his second position gig after coaching 4 years at Marshall, 2 of which was coaching safeties. So when you look at just the numbers, 50% of our current staff (5 of 10) have less than 5 years experience coaching their current positions when you exclude time being a GA or QC guy.....4 in their 1st true coaching roles. Usually those guys all need to be stud recruiters or up-and-comer hot coaches with lots of buzz.

Experience is not everything in my book....i couldn't stand the Dline Jethro coached and he had more experience than anyone while Jeremy Pruitt jumped from HS to big time football and hasn't looked back since....but i pause with concern when i see deficiencies compounding without actions to offset them. It's not just this hire, it's things we see in recruiting (offering late, dropping communication, not branching out wide enough and when you miss, having significant roster issues) and last year's offensive gameplan as well. Obviously this staff has already done more in their tenure than previous staffs and i'm happy to have them, but that doesn't mean they are without faults and criticism.

This is way too long, but here's the important thing from your post: FOR OUR ENTIRE DEFENSIVE STAFF BESIDES KOOL, THIS IS THEIR FIRST GIG

If it were up to Manny, then Kool wouldn't be here either. Manny likes yes-men.

WEAK AS FUUCK

Facts. MR hired Kool before Manny.

Now blocked by Rumph..............

Get the banners ready, we have Al 2.0

Crazy. I thought for sure he would have responded.

Jimmy and Butch both did as did Paul Dee, but you are right, I have no connection to CMR other than the money I give (soon to be past tense) to the school.

Paul Dee wrote you back on Twitter? Do tell!

Nope numb nuts. We spoke by phone and by email. Ask anyone who gives real money, not just buying hot dogs, and you will find out that money equals access.

You give real money? How much a year?

Lol “lesser program”
We haven’t won 10 games since 2003. This is why Miami fans look stupid to everybody else

And this is why our program suffers.

People use the last 15 years as a crutch to defend mediocrity.

I have pride in my school and expect us to compete for titles. People like you are happy to win 10 games with a turnover chain.

And yes, Miami dwarfs UGA as a program, considering we won 5 titles and played for several more since they last won.

Leading Candidate for Post of the Year!

Says the guy with 16 posts, everyone of them a fire Richt post.

Advertisement
Back