OT would like some recs NYC

**** ya'll have no shame in your game, lol.

I haven't been in while but Amy Ruth up in Harlem has some good food and worth the can ride up town.

Go Canes
We have ***** underground trains, suburbanite.

Advertisement
Quality Meats is a cool spot with great steaks, a block from Central Park South.

Beauty & Essex is a very trendy place on the lower east side, with great food served tapas style.

Both are pricey, but very good.

All great recs and info. Sincerely appreciated fellas. I've been looking to this one for a while. Since I spent more time in the hospital this January than home it's even sweeter.

We have ***** underground trains, suburbanite.

Listen up partna If the man is visiting NYC with his lady then I would suggest taking the cab ride and spending the money rather than dealing with the subway. This way she can wear those **** 4" heel boots and not have to worry about the subway stairs not to mention alleviating all the walking thus saving her hurt feet an leaving more energy for adult activities at the end of the night. If you take care of your lady first she will most definitely take care of daddy later. Listen up youngster you might learn something that your lady will appreciate.

Go Canes

Last edited:
Advertisement
Yeah...the Cream Spinach is at Lugars...Ive eaten there twice...Once in 81 immediately after Culinary School...Not that impressed...
CaneinOrlando has gotten to the point of not paying ridiculous amounts of $$ for a Steak....Instead, I go to Petty's Meats in Longwood Fl...(Best Meats in Central Fl) and Grab a few Steaks..and Grill at home...Dont get me wrong...for Special Occasions I'll go once in awhile...But it Behooves me when I have to spend $45 for a Steak...and all the sides are Ala Carte....meaning $8 for a Baked Potato...or Asparagus...which is criminal...
Im not big into steak houses. If im going out its something different that i cant cook at home. The whole old school steak house idea could take a hike lol

Advertisement
Guantanamera on 6th and 77th. I’m a KW guy and this is the closest to Cuban food that I can find. If you get in the tourist area, try Juniper, great selection of everything. I think I broke the Stella record when we beat FSU in 2017

Momofuku
Milk Bar

Anything David Chang runs really. I see someone mentioned Noodle Bar which is his also.

Being a former pastry chef Bouchon bakery is a must.

Baller status is Per Se, 11 Maddison Park, and Le Bernadin(Eric Ruppert will steal your wife)

Chang opened one in DC. Some people love it - I think it's hugely overrated, especially the milk bar.

Advertisement
When I go to NYC I hunt desserts.

Doughnut Plant - best cake donuts. I Always bring them home on the plane cause they keep well.

Doughnut Project - most creative flavors in the world. This weekend they have peanut butter specials.

Mah-Ze-Dahr bakery - variety of high quality baked goods.

Dominique Ansel Bakery - overhyped but Cronuts, DKAs, bostock, frozen smore, are all good.

Levain bakery - famous gigantic cookies. I take them home and warm them in the oven.

For dinner I'll suggest Gramercy Tavern because they have my favorite pastry chef in NYC. The most memorable meals I had in NYC were omakase and a modern Korean place called Atoboy.

For lunch I'll echo the suggestion to go to Los Tacos no 1 because that market has other good food like Dizengoff (hummus bar) and Seed+Mill for halva.

Doughnut Plant - best cake donuts. I Always bring them home on the plane cause they keep well.

Doughnut Project - most creative flavors in the world. This weekend they have peanut butter specials.

Dominique Ansel Bakery - overhyped but Cronuts, DKAs, bostock, frozen smore, are all good.

Levain bakery - famous gigantic cookies. I take them home and warm them in the oven.

For dinner I'll suggest Gramercy Tavern because they have my favorite pastry chef in NYC. The most memorable meals I had in NYC were omakase and a modern Korean place called Atoboy.

For lunch I'll echo the suggestion to go to Los Tacos no 1 because that market has other good food like Dizengoff (hummus bar) and Seed+Mill for halva.
I'm going to have to check these spots out. Ever been to Dough Doughnuts? I've been to the one in Bed-Stuy, very good.

Guantanamera on 6th and 46thI’m a KW guy and this is the closest to Cuban food that I can find. If you get in the tourist area, try Juniper, great selection of everything. I think I broke the Stella record when we beat FSU in 2017

Advertisement
I'm going to have to check these spots out. Ever been to Dough Doughnuts? I've been to the one in Bed-Stuy, very good.

No I never made it to the store and didn't pull the trigger on the ones they sell at food trucks on the street. Definitely need to try some of those flavors next time.

I'm friends with the owner of Donut Plant....

Advertisement
Back