OT would like some recs NYC

Momofuku
Milk Bar
Anything David Chang runs really. I see someone mentioned Noodle Bar which is his also.

Being a former pastry chef Bouchon bakery is a must.

Baller status is Per Se, 11 Maddison Park, and Le Bernadin(Eric Ruppert will steal your wife)

Advertisement
Not claiming to be an expert on every NYC place to go, just a visitor, but I will tell you that Los Tacos No 1 is freaking awesome, and they usually have lines out the front door (line moves fast, though). I think they have a couple of locations, but I've been to the one on 43rd Street multiple times.

A personal favorite of mine is Beecher's Cheese Shop on Broadway.
Good call. I was actually going to add Los Tacos No. 1 to the list I sent him but forgot.

Advertisement
You're better than that
giphy.gif

Going for a long weekend with the wifey for Valentine's. I'm a NYC virgin and would love some food recs. Staying midtown. Give me the you don't want to pass . Staying Thursday to Monday.
Not food: well except sushi - $$$$ but one of the many omikases around the city is a great experience
Other
Walk the Brooklyn Bridge if the weather breaks.
Madison Square Park and the Flatiron Bldg area on Sundays, also a free 30-45 min walking tour there that's loaded with cool history (every Sunday)
the Hudson Yards vessel is cool, but to go in it ya gotta make a res (free)
Grimaldi's and Lombardi's = pass
Washington Square for sensi
Central Park for microdots
Staten Island Ferry is free and a nice way to see the city from the water and a nice 1.5 hr break off your feet.
Top of the ESB at night

Advertisement
Going for a long weekend with the wifey for Valentine's. I'm a NYC virgin and would love some food recs. Staying midtown. Give me the you don't want to pass . Staying Thursday to Monday.

Just about anything for food will be good. Options are infinite.

A better date (or part of it) would be a nice speakeasy. I've been gone for years but definitely recommend Angel's Share. Never managed to get into Raines Law Room but that's another option. There are a few others I no longer remember.

You'd be better of going to arthur treachers, and making peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, ***** N.Y.

Just about anything for food will be good. Options are infinite.

A better date (or part of it) would be a nice speakeasy. I've been gone for years but definitely recommend Angel's Share. Never managed to get into Raines Law Room but that's another option. There are a few others I no longer remember.

Raines is good.

Other good Speakeasy options are:

Dear Irving
Attaboy
Apotheke
Bathtub Gin (good burlesque show on Sunday evenings)

^^^^ Personal favorites

Momofuku
Milk Bar
Anything David Chang runs really. I see someone mentioned Noodle Bar which is his also.

Baller status is Per Se, 11 Maddison Park, and Le Bernadin(Eric Ruppert will steal your wife)

Good luck getting reservations to any of the ball out ones, I took my girl to EMP for Christmas and had to get the resy two months out and it was still at 1015 pm.

Momofuku is fuego.

I don't **** with del friscos all too much, but that's from working nearby. Rocco's is a good less popular steakhouse. I agree that Peter Luger's ain't all what it's hyped up to be.

Not Valentine's spots, but fire spots to check out on a budget are Joe's on Carmine St., Mamouns on McDougal, there's this fire *** dumpling place called Fried Dumpling run by the meanest Chinese woman you'd ever meet, but the dumplings will keep you coming back

Advertisement
It’s the cool thing to bash Luger’s now since that NYT review came out, but it’s the best steak I’ve ever had. They only have ribeye and porterhouse. Small menu not fancy ,Worth it. Bring cash .

Right across from the Marriott next to Bryant Park there’s a .99 a slice pizza place for when you’re really drunk late at night.

Advertisement
It’s the cool thing to bash Luger’s now since that NYT review came out, but it’s the best steak I’ve ever had. They only have ribeye and porterhouse. Small menu not fancy ,Worth it. Bring cash .

Never read of that article, I just don't think it's worth the hype. The cash this is also dumb, I'm only willing to Shell out cash for pizza, pita sandwiches, and bud

Momofuku
Milk Bar

All Good...

Advertisement
Back