OT would like some recs NYC

Best steak place I like and been to is quality meats. For high end, I prefer per se over eleven Madison. Never been to le bernadin so cant comment on that. I’ve heard roubuchon is good.

also good steakhouse is 4 Charles but almost impossible to get a reservation at a reasonable hour.

why would you send a guy to get Cuban food in ny. Cuban food in ny is more like puerto rican or Dominican food, nothing like Miami

It’s not “almost” impossible, it “is” impossible. You can only get a reservation at 4 Charles after 11-11:30 or later regardless of the day - even a Monday or Tuesday...even when making the reservation a 29 days in advance. You will not, with very VERY few exceptions, be seated to eat before 11pm at 4 Charles. Its Incredibly rare to be seated before then. Really weird.

4 Charles is fantastic, but that’s just too **** late to eat a steak or prime rib.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Sparks Steakhouse on East 46th St. Really like it.
That’s where John Gotti assassinated Paul Castellano, the Don of the Gambino crime family.
Gotti became the Don.
Big deal in 1985. We don’t have notorious gangland slayings anymore.
My Sister lived across the street from where Carmine Gallente was assassinated in Brooklyn...and was home when it happened.

Advertisement
Back