OT would like some recs NYC

Advertisement
Advertisement
I haven’t eaten at Cote yet but I will try it soon. You’re about the umpteenth person I’ve met that raves about that place

I go about once a month it seems. Insane wine list and value for what it is. All their wines by the glass come out of magnums which is pretty unheard of.

All this talk about Momofuku and no one mentions Ko? They also have Ko Bar. One of my favorite meals of recent years.

Advertisement
Yeah...the Cream Spinach is at Lugars...Ive eaten there twice...Once in 81 immediately after Culinary School...Not that impressed...
CaneinOrlando has gotten to the point of not paying ridiculous amounts of $$ for a Steak....Instead, I go to Petty's Meats in Longwood Fl...(Best Meats in Central Fl) and Grab a few Steaks..and Grill at home...Dont get me wrong...for Special Occasions I'll go once in awhile...But it Behooves me when I have to spend $45 for a Steak...and all the sides are Ala Carte....meaning $8 for a Baked Potato...or Asparagus...which is criminal...
**** you close.

Advertisement
I haven’t eaten at Cote yet but I will try it soon. You’re about the umpteenth person I’ve met that raves about that place

cote is garbage. Meat quality is good but banchan and authenticity of other dishes is bad. If you want Korean bbq, ktown is where to go

Advertisement
Best steak place I like and been to is quality meats. For high end, I prefer per se over eleven Madison. Never been to le bernadin so cant comment on that. I’ve heard roubuchon is good.

also good steakhouse is 4 Charles but almost impossible to get a reservation at a reasonable hour.

why would you send a guy to get Cuban food in ny. Cuban food in ny is more like puerto rican or Dominican food, nothing like Miami

Burger at keens is really good and good value at the bar.
For a “ny experience” I agree that Tao but only Tao downtown is good for a fun night out. Food is decent there, would’ve expected it to be bad but surprisingly good.

great Szechuan all over 36-39th st by 6th ave

Chinatown - soup dumplings
Chicken over rice, halal guys. The most ny thing to do

cote is garbage. Meat quality is good but banchan and authenticity of other dishes is bad. If you want Korean bbq, ktown is where to go

I’ve hit many places in ktown...many great places there. Thought I’d give Cote a try one day soon because many people have spoken highly of it

Regrettably, I have not. I rarely venture out of Palm Beach County. I've heard good things and it's on my list to try now that Okeechobee Steakhouse raised their prices.

You get a free steak on your birthday.

Advertisement
Back